FUBAR

Yeah I was amazed at how easy it was to get to the filter on my brothers bike, if the CB is the same then I'll chuck one in for the sake of a couple of quid.

Get yourself a filter spanner. Makes things abit easier.

They seem to tighten themselves tbf. They really dont need to be tight when you put them on, 1/4 turn after it stops spinning freely.

But for some reason, its sometimes necessary to whack a screwdriver through the middle to get leverage to get it off aha.

Get yourself a filter spanner. Makes things abit easier.

They seem to tighten themselves tbf. They really dont need to be tight when you put them on, 1/4 turn after it stops spinning freely.

But for some reason, its sometimes necessary to whack a screwdriver through the middle to get leverage to get it off aha.

Same fitment as car?

For the oil filter? Most of the kits I've seen come with one free but I think my mate has one if not. The bloke in the video had a few goes at getting his off too :D

Some do, some dont.

Haha yeah! Screwdriver soon sorts it. Its goin in the bin anyway isnt it (:

Ahhh, just went to try the stand out, doesnt go on because I have bobbins fitted on the rear wheel. Aside from use with a paddock stand, do they serve much purpose? They were fitted when I got the bike, I'll take them off if they dont do much.

Not that i know of. Just for a paddock stand i think.

Certainly wont need a paddock stand whilst youve got that fandangle thing of yours haha.

Yeah exactly, it's literally the sump bolt, drain, filter cover, filter itself then reverse, sorted. Longest part will be riding/running the thing to warm the oil a bit :D Bit of satisfaction and knowing the jobs done properly will be a bonus to the money saved. Might keep a tally and compare to how much my mate spends at honda :D

Its a good idea to replace the crush washer on the sump bolt too,

Not that i know of. Just for a paddock stand i think.

Certainly wont need a paddock stand whilst youve got that fandangle thing of yours haha.

Thought as much, I'll have a proper look when I get the chance and take them off. 

Its a good idea to replace the crush washer on the sump bolt too,

Yeah, I forgot to add that, again fair few of the kits come with one. I think I'll do the full shabang when I give it a once over, write a list of bits I need, I know it's good for the year then. 

Thought as much, I'll have a proper look when I get the chance and take them off. 

Yeah, I forgot to add that, again fair few of the kits come with one. I think I'll do the full shabang when I give it a once over, write a list of bits I need, I know it's good for the year then. 

wemoto.com are good for service parts, quick deliveries and good value.

• Like 1

What to do with the tax disc holders?

Now I do not need to have one of the bikes, good job too as have had at least one knicked that I can remember in the thirty odd years I have been riding, what to do with them?

Bike will now be lighter, more aerodynamic, direct debits set, no faffing about, progress.

What to do with the tax disc holders?

Now I do not need to have one of the bikes, good job too as have had at least one knicked that I can remember in the thirty odd years I have been riding, what to do with them?

Bike will now be lighter, more aerodynamic, direct debits set, no faffing about, progress.

So much better without em on a bike isnt it. There never was a nice place to put em.

So much better without em on a bike isnt it. There never was a nice place to put em.

Typical after thought concerning motorcycles.

Nice to get out on the bike today, a bit 110 between roundabouts (kms/hr of course Officer).

What is this with the new average speed cameras now looking forwards (reading plate) instead of backwards (no plate), disappointing ! (Though road safety is of course paramount and would not do when road workers around but that seems to be not very often).

Lets just hope they never try to bring front number plates back :)

Like front symbols on cars they perhaps would be collapsable.

Of course front number plates actually showed the registration to the two sides of the front wheel.

As cameras are getting so good perhaps we will have to have a front facing licence disk showing the reg? 

Small and aerodynamic I hope.

Like front symbols on cars they perhaps would be collapsable.

Of course front number plates actually showed the registration to the two sides of the front wheel.

As cameras are getting so good perhaps we will have to have a front facing licence disk showing the reg?

Small and aerodynamic I hope.

Dont give em ideas please!

• Like 1

Dont give em ideas please!

Well before I joined HMRC I was with Dept Transport for half a year.

You would be amazed what ideas are kicked about to brainstorm but then it has to get by a bunch of half assed politicains so hence very little gets done when their self serving interests have been applied to the ideas.

We discussed getting rid of road tax decades ago and loading it on to fuel, much fairer, but the opportunity to check insurance at renewal time kept it going.

With HMRC taxing chocolate, like some EU countries do,  and other ideas concerning canabis etc were interesting topics.  Which is more dangerous to overall health, canabis or tobacco?