FUBAR

I am impressed but as I said without a doubt our eyes will be better than mine.  Looking on a laptop with glasses on and truthfully not spending long looking because I am not in a rush to do anything yet I have not spent had a real close look at anything.  I also agree with what you say about dealers and cars.  Been looking today at cars as well as we are downgrading to one now I am retired.  I have seen cars today for top money that I would be ashamed to see on the forecourt.

I used to do some instructing for a local motor bike dealer so I shall have a word with him and see if he knows of anything coming up.  I have worked with him and used him for servicing and I trust him.  Also if there is anything goes wrong it is a five minute walk away to sort it.

• Like 1

I used to do some instructing for a local motor bike dealer so I shall have a word with him and see if he knows of anything coming up.  I have worked with him and used him for servicing and I trust him.  Also if there is anything goes wrong it is a five minute walk away to sort it.

Sounds like the best way to go. You could try what I did many posts back when I got my 636 and wake up one day and decide that by the end of the day I will have 'a bike' and make it happen with what little is available :D 

I am impressed but as I said without a doubt our eyes will be better than mine. Looking on a laptop with glasses on and truthfully not spending long looking because I am not in a rush to do anything yet I have not spent had a real close look at anything. I also agree with what you say about dealers and cars. Been looking today at cars as well as we are downgrading to one now I am retired. I have seen cars today for top money that I would be ashamed to see on the forecourt.

My eyes aren't what they were. Distance vision is still fine, but I need to get 'em tested for reading specs - presbyopia has said hello :( Some of the cars were dealers, some private (one was from the cars for sale forum on here, and a 180 mile round trip - it was mechanically sound, but really scruffy bodywork, despite looking very tidy in the pics). Edited by StripleR675

Well it has all been delayed as of this afternoon when we decided to get rid of the two cars and buy one to replace them.  So busy crunching numbers tonight and looking at options.  Once I have sorted that and pretty much how you say Fuby get up in the morning and go and buy one by whatever it takes then I can look at the bike job with a bit more determination.

Not too sure if I am overestimating how much difference buying out of season will make but I just think cash in hand when they haven't sold a bike for weeks or months should make quite a big difference as they still have overheads and bills to pay.  As well as not being in a rush I am quite open to different makes of bikes and happy to consider anything different tot eh Tiger.  Yes I like the look of the Kwackers and they get a real good write up, mainly for a taller rider and they look good still even if they are 10 years old.  Look at the VTR and it looks it's age.  Time and patience is on my side.

Just seen your reply Striple as I was typing and I now need glasses for both short and long sight.  Lost my PCV licence because of a problem with my field of vision in my left eye and I am struggling with remembering to wear my distance glases at times.  Now I am watching the recorded Moto GP practice and had to remember to put my distance glasses on.  I have also found myself out in the car without them and then I realise just how bad they have got.  Part of ageing and as much as there is nothing I can do about it I am enjoying retirement and my time on the bike so long may that continue.  Not tomorrow by the loo of the weather though!!!!

No. Most people who I have spoken to about them cannot get on with them. I do sometimes think I would be better wearing the distance ones for walking about as things are quite blurred some days but manage without. Don't want to be wearing them all the time if I can avoid it.

No. Most people who I have spoken to about them cannot get on with them.

I used to work in optics, if they're dispensed and measured properly it's only a very small minority who can't get on with them. Obviously they take a short period of adjusting to. And it's over 15 years since I was dispensing, so I would assume lenses are better now than they were then.

I used to work in optics, if they're dispensed and measured properly it's only a very small minority who can't get on with them. Obviously they take a short period of adjusting to. And it's over 15 years since I was dispensing, so I would assume lenses are better now than they were then.

I'm one of the few then! I had a set of very expensive ones and was glad to change in the end. Having to look down my nose to read a computer screen used to give me back ache but there again some like contacts and some don't. With varifocals your prescription makes a big difference IMO as the bigger the gap between your distance and reading correction the more of a PITA they become to use.

Oh forgot about that one.  Main thing for me is I do not want to get into the position of 'having' to wear spectacles all day every day.  When I am walking about I can manage quite easily although I admit at times it would be easier if I had my distance glasses on if only to ensure everything wasn't fuzzy.  It is by no means either dangerous or essential and as long as that stays that way I will continue as I am.

Likewise in good light I can read whatever I need to without my readers.  So I would say it is far too early for me to think about varifocals.

My main problem is stopping the distance ones from fogging when I have my helmet on.  I have used Bob Heath visor spray but it must be past it's best because it is useless.  Probably try rubbing a cut potato on them next!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!

Im sure all that top of the range protective gear woulda saved him anyway ;):D

The video shown after the crossroad near mangle with the Bull ramming the biker is something else too!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Found some screenshots I took from my bar end mounted bullet HD from my first ride on the ZZR1400 before I could walk without crutches.... God I used to be brave! I remember posting about it on here about 3 minutes after that pic getting my bad toe slider scuffed up.... I miss the big yoke :( Worst thing is I haven't had the chance to ride the 636 in over 2 months and for last few weeks when I actually had the time, I can't get it out of the shed as it's a building site of sorts :( 

ZZR1400%252520RB%2525205.jpg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Im struggling to get out too Fubar.

Havent ridden the vfr properly since riding to Assen. And that was mid september :(

About the same as me then time wise. WTF is wrong with us, we've changed :( Today is a fine example, I was in work until 10 last night, off today up at 03:30 to go in for tomorrow, so today I awoke at 09:00 and finally got out of bed at 17:30 lol. 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

About the same as me then time wise. WTF is wrong with us, we've changed :( Today is a fine example, I was in work until 10 last night, off today up at 03:30 to go in for tomorrow, so today I awoke at 09:00 and finally got out of bed at 17:30 lol.

Haa! Thats just lazy ;) aha.

Ive just been soo busy with work, and when i havent been the weather has been poo.

A joiners tried dumping a job on me today (well slowly over the last few weeks). Told him id try to do it, then rang him up today n told him it wont happen. He started kickin off, but realistically im fully booked till after christmas. I just cant fit in time to have a crap tbh.

But what can i do. Not enough hours in the day :D

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

Haa! Thats just lazy ;) aha.

Ive just been soo busy with work, and when i havent been the weather has been poo.

A joiners tried dumping a job on me today. Told him is try to do it, then rang him up today n told him it wont happen. He started kickin off, but realistically im fully booked till after christmas. I just cant fit in time to have a crap tbh.

I'm getting messed around at work with a totally different shift pattern every week and random amounts of hours. Some weeks 40 hours some 20.... I always have by chance been able to cover other peoples to make up more though. Then going into work to drive and finding out that they want someone from the general staff to get some experience and I must do their job for the day instead (actual physical work with no music!!!!) Totally broke though so no petrol bill from bike is a life saver tbh. This month I decided to keep the Octy and the Fabia, so work started for new driveway ££££, got 20% discount code to use one off so spent £400 after discount on some christmas bits and a PS4 for FUBAR, taxed both cars £130&£140 paid for a multi car policy for both in full £540, then with credit card used up and overdraft entered with final payment for driveway on completion still available my phone plays up and I ordered a new one. Oh and vRS will be getting a mega service and some other bits sorted on top pre MOT start of Jan which I realistically need to budget £650-800 for. Pay day won't see me fully back in the black on my bank account let alone touch my credit card, then it's Christmas expense time lol. I am enjoying the easy life novelty of it all though. I am adamant I will not touch any savings though (after deciding to keep the octy). Bed thing today is a underlying medical condition which I am just ignoring as it doesn't fit in with living my life, but it means I have the energy of a 90 year old most of the time and days off suffer the need to recuperate more often than not.