FUBAR

Welcome along Satchellm :ph34r:

Very Nice 636

If you have had it from new for 10 years why not keep it and get a 2nd bike?

• Like 1

Id love to make a new topic in our lovely new area, but i havent got anything to justify one yet haha.

Been out for a quick blast on the VFR tonight. Had a good successful day at work, so thought bugger it. Just a quick go around some local roads but loved it, nice thrill to add to a good day.

Now cracked a beer open to end the day.

And its bank holiday weekend again

Fantastic!!

• Like 1

Started off in 78 with a Gilera 50 then after a year progressed to a Suzuki GT185, I picked it up on the Fri afternoon and wrote it off on the Wed evening heading home from work. Then I got a Yam RD250 and passed my test, traded the Yam for a Suzuki GS550 which ended up like this

IMG_0001-M.jpg

I got an XT500 to run through the winters

IMG_0013-M.jpg

I then discovered V twins and bought the Ducati

IMG_0002-M.jpg

Got some stick for not having a Harley from my mates so added this as a general run about

Bikes-M.jpg

Only picture of the Sportster I've got, taken over in Norway in 1991 when I went to the Super Rally mixed in with some of the Ducati and XT.

Now I have the Xtra (running),

Wales%20008-M.jpg

but still have the Harley, Ducati and the XT (XT running, but needs a bit more work before it's MOT).

I keep telling myself they are retirement projects, but hopefully I'll get them running and on the road one day soon.

• Like 1

Been a two wheeled fan mixed with cars since the '60s.

Powered two wheelers in order-

NSU Quickly

Honda C50

Triumph Tiger T90

Yamaha Townmate T80

WSK 175

Honda MTX 125

Yamaha XT350

BMW R80/7

BMW K75

BMW R1150R (still owned)

I regret selling the Honda C50 and the Yamaha XT 350 which were both lovely light and reliable bikes.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Been riding longer than driving and my bike history goes something like this:

Tomos NTX50 (500 mile tank range!)

Kawasaki AR125 (Derestricted and could hit 80mph 2 up!)

Yamaha RD200

Yamaha RD350LC (120mph flat out - and you had to be flat on the tank to get that!)

Yamaha YZF600 (Think I was loyal to Yamaha or something!)

Kawasaki ZZR600E1 (Still holds my personal record of 300 miles in 3h 20m including 3 refueling stops)

Kawasaki ZX9R-E2 (Utterly underrated - what a machine)

Kawasaki ZX12R (Never had a bike before that still scared me after a year of ownership)

Kawasaki ZXR750 (Always loved the looks, living with it was a different matter, very old school power delivery)

Yamaha YZF1000R (Another underrated bike, very quick but needed a 6th gear)

Honda CBR1100XX (My first Honda, buttery smooth, very comfy, indecently quick)

I think the CBR will do for another 2 years or so, my heart wants a ZZR1400!

Edited by Sheldon.Cooper
  • Like 1

Evening all.

I'm newish to Skoda ownership, just bought a 2008 Octavia VRS estate tdi, but also had an Octavia as a company car for a couple of years.

Anyhow, passed my bike test in 2006 and bought my first road bike, a 2004 R6 the day after :D

I have since then had x1 steel framed CBR600 and x2 carbed R6's as track bikes - which I no longer have as I don't have the room for two bikes anymore so have to use my road bike for the occasional track day.

My second road bike was a 2009 GSXR750 with a dream machine Worx Suzuki BSB paint job.

My current bike is a 2005 R1 with power commander, Akrapovic decat and end cans, Pipercross air filter, double bubble screen, braided hoses, and heated grips...... I used to laugh at my biking mates for having these but can confirm that I am a heated grip convert, great for keeping the pinkies warm on the way home when the sun has gone down.

I'm at work at the mo, I do 12hr shifts, but will try and get some pics up at some point.

Cheers

Gav

• Like 1

Garelli Tiger Cross in 1975 at 16 years old - 1st and only new motorcycle/car

Suzuki F50 Step Through

RD200B

TS250M

CB500/4

GT750A

CBX1000

GS850G

GT750A

Yamaha IT425G

Current DR350 with RGV250 17/18" wheels for super motard effect

Never been without a motorcycle for 40 years

Edited by KeithCheetham
  • Like 1

You just love black n gold dont you! Lol

It's clearly 'black & blue'  :peek:

• Like 1

Probably shouldn't ride when hungry. I think its probably worse than drink riding haha.

Completely carried away tonight, knew exactly what i was doing, what was going on etc etc, thinkin ahh its getting abit windy. Looked down n the speedo said 110. Quite happily pootling along, honestly thought i was doing about 70 haha.

All speeds in KMH. Obviously...

Keener biker than car driver. Main interests are Rally Raid and overland riding. I am not an adventure rider; the expression "Adventure" has been tortured to hell and destroyed by naming large, over powered, multi cylinder, technogizmo laden luxo barges to help the inept to control their "little pony" Adventure Bikes. I possess two KTMs, a RR 690 R and a 640 Adv.

M

Edited by ktm690rr

:D Blates hahaha. I like the lack of wind protection on my bike, nice bit of wind blast past 80 or so to keep me form wanting to go any quicker

Yeah not a bad idea that at all mate.

I would defo like to try a powerful naked bike. Thou vtwin in one. Oosht.

Keener biker than car driver. Main interests are Rally Raid and overland riding. I am not an adventure rider; the expression "Adventure" has been tortured to hell and destroyed by naming large, over powered, multi cylinder, technogizmo laden luxo barges to help the inept to control their "little pony" Adventure Bikes. I possess two KTMs, a RR 690 R and a 640 Adv.

M

Each to their own I suppose.  I have a Triumph Tiger Explorer and love it but I do agree the 'Adventure' tag is a bit of a turn off.  I wouldn't have considered one when I had my VFR or in fact when I first got the Sprint as I knew full well I would never be off roading with a bike.  It was only when I had one as a loan bike while the Sprint was in for a service that I realised how well they rode and how much more comfortable it was for me personally. 

I also don't buy into the whole Ewan Mcgregor Charlie Borman thing and would imagine that the biggest majority of 'Adventure' bikes go off road about as often as the average Range Rover!

Having said all that I don't think any of that makes me inept nor would I slag off your choice of bike.  I think there is far too much snobbery in life and notice today that whilst many other bikers would not to us as we were out on the Tiger 'some' sports bike riders wouldn't nor would many of the BMW riders as obviously we are not worthy.  Hey ho.  Riding on two wheels can be a fantastic experience and I enjoy it whether others want to nod or wave in acknowledgement or not.

• Like 2

I think there is far too much snobbery in life and notice today that whilst many other bikers would not to us as we were out on the Tiger 'some' sports bike riders wouldn't nor would many of the BMW riders as obviously we are not worthy.  Hey ho.  Riding on two wheels can be a fantastic experience and I enjoy it whether others want to nod or wave in acknowledgement or not.

To allow me to collect my Tiger from my father's garage (where it had been temporarily abandoned to make room for the H2) me and the lad did the 35 mile trip 2-up on his YBR125.

Utterly fantastic fun; 9bhp being used all of the time, and at one point we managed to hit 57mph. I don't know why though, but I became a very exuberant waver at other motorcyclists with quite exaggerated actions. We didn't get many nods or waves back though. Miserable toads.

• Like 1

MOT due in just under 2 months, so in NI that means you must book an appointment now if you want to get one roughly when and where you want it. Seems that the MOT Test Centre for my region only does 2 motorbike MOT tests a day and only on certain days of the week! One are 11:55 one at 18:40. I should be fit to get it booked in to carry over my max 28 days (provided it passes).

I can't remember if I posted this before, searching brought nout up for me. The new rolling road part of the MOT test for motorcycles zero health and safety involved with riders and examiners not liking it. Comments are normally include the word dangerous. There is no liability on the government test centres with any damage resulting from this since the rider has now for the first time been added to the this part of the test.... Lifting both wheels off the ground on the side stand was a practice used on the MOT here until enough bikers took out civil cases for side stand and or frame damage as a result and also some bikes dropped.  

Following the actual test.... Rolling road part is crap front of bike was being pinballed left to right along with it forcing the bars to go from lock to lock. Needing to then hold the rear brake on (so as to lessen the chances of it lunging if I was to lock the front wheel), leaves you with 1 foot on the ground to support while the bike is slithering around and not leant over to the left as you would naturally do to not drop it..... 

You do part of the test?! Is your test different to ours?

When I had mine done it was in and out in 15 min. The tester took it in, quick once over the lights, horn and tyres. Stuck it on the brake testing machine, tested each of the brakes (he done the front and back leavers on each wheel, I'm assuming because of the linked brakes) then brought it back out to me. 

• Like 2

You do part of the test?! Is your test different to ours?

When I had mine done it was in and out in 15 min. The tester took it in, quick once over the lights, horn and tyres. Stuck it on the brake testing machine, tested each of the brakes (he done the front and back leavers on each wheel, I'm assuming because of the linked brakes) then brought it back out to me. 

I got on the bike at home and I got off it again when out of the test centre (no wait I got off it in test centre when I was bored waiting for my certificate for 5 minutes, but didn't have to). It used to be ride it in do lights then go sit down let examiner do his thing. For cars rolling road etc is all done by examiner for health and safety reasons and you have to go and wait in the seating area at side, but apparently it's safer to have the customer on their own bike on one half of the car rolling road with 1 foot on the ground as it's bashing the bike from side to side..... 

• Like 1

Following the actual test.... Rolling road part is crap front of bike was being pinballed left to right along with it forcing the bars to go from lock to lock. Needing to then hold the rear brake on (so as to lessen the chances of it lunging if I was to lock the front wheel), leaves you with 1 foot on the ground to support while the bike is slithering around and not leant over to the left as you would naturally do to not drop it.....

Err don't like the idea of that!!

• Like 2

Err don't like the idea of that!!

Nor me lol. When it was first in as a voluntary trial part of test after a spate of riders voicing their concerns at how bad it was, riders started refusing it and examiners were point blank refusing to do it in the first place so the new rules came in to force you to do it for them... If the plate they put over the rolling road especially for bikes was adjustable so it wasn't so friggin wide, it would be a lot safer, in the video it doesn't really illustrate it as bad as it was I wasn't turning the handlebars I was along for the ride and the entire bike is moving quite a lot from side to side and smacking off the side rollers a fair bit.. I've seen bike rolling roads at MOT garages in GB and they seem to be more purpose made not the same one thats used to 3.5ton vans etc

On a side note they are notorious for not accepting liability for any damage caused to a vehicle and as such.....

Videography.jpg