Dash Cams

Blackvue now installed and happy! My only concern is that it is quite visible from the outside. Will a 16gb suffice? I have put it on 15fps with normal compression.

Any other tips? Does the card get over written once full or is it a matter of deleting manually from the card?

Yes, a 16 will be fine. I get about a weeks worth of recording on a 32 at 30fps. If you're concerned about its visibility it's easy enough to remove when you park.

The camera also cycles the recording automatically so it doesn't need maintenance.

Decided to use an unexpected bit in my pay packet on this which arrived in less than a week from China. It was a shame that the windscreen mount took another two weeks, but finally started to install it in the car. 

Gone with in the headlining and down the A pillar

IMG_20130813_151642_zps69068bf1.jpg

Inside and outside view. I wanted something I could leave in so went for the smallest camera I could find. No screen but you can plug in a laptop to the USB or some android phones. That small and dark, you can't see it from the front icon_lol.gif

IMG_20130813_151633_zpsbf331159.jpgIMG_20130813_151704_zpsbfe58616.jpg

Test video

• Like 1

Have to say well done and im shocked to the quality of the video....its brilliant glad to see it up and running...how was the installation?

The part you can see above was easy, but I stupidly removed an extra cigarette charging point in the glove box a number of months ago so will have to get the stereo out and re-do this, but shouldn't take too long. A pillar comes off really easily and the headlining, you just poke the wire in :)

Decided to use an unexpected bit in my pay packet on this which arrived in less than a week from China. It was a shame that the windscreen mount took another two weeks, but finally started to install it in the car. 

Nice one, perfect timing! I have been looking at the same camera for a while reading all reviews etc and trawling youtube for test footage. Good to see one that I can be sure is genuine. How have you found the software for fiddling with it? Also what settings are you running in the video above and does the unit or the heat sink seem to get worryingly warm? 

Nice one, perfect timing! I have been looking at the same camera for a while reading all reviews etc and trawling youtube for test footage. Good to see one that I can be sure is genuine. How have you found the software for fiddling with it? Also what settings are you running in the video above and does the unit or the heat sink seem to get worryingly warm? 

The software is really easy to use, two tabs has all the data you need to change. I am running 720p at 60fps, if you want 1080 it takes it down to 30fps. I also removed the sound to get a little more out of the 8GB card and didn't fancy hearing myself or my choice of music

As for the heat sink, I forgot to check although I would like to know how warm it gets

Edited by zeffania

I keep using my laptop to download the footage, I am currently sat in the car downloading the drive home and then I will change the settings so it records them in 5 minute files. Best read the manual to remind me what button I press to protect the footage

I keep using my laptop to download the footage, I am currently sat in the car downloading the drive home and then I will change the settings so it records them in 5 minute files. Best read the manual to remind me what button I press to protect the footage

I just grab memory card out of camera and put it in laptop indoors I don't sit in the car for that carry on, the big match is on FFS! 

So you're glad with my recommendation then Zeffania? :p

Very much so mate. Got a usb / cigarette adaptor coming, will install it in the side between the door and glove box so that I don't need to make a hole in the glove box

Very much so mate. Got a usb / cigarette adaptor coming, will install it in the side between the door and glove box so that I don't need to make a hole in the glove box

This worked for me http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/265343-dash-cam-12v-multi-adaptor-hidden-install-driver-storage-compartment

I've gone down the other pillar as I normally keep things in that cubby hole. 

I think I should be able to make it nice and neat and I shouldn't need to use any of the other connections as I have a 2 usb cigarette attachment already for the single in the front

I have had The Mobius camera for a few weeks now and am really pleased with it 

The quality of the videos on YouTube are not as good as the actual footage from the camera.

To see a good review of it and download video that has not been reduced in quality go to http://www.techmoan.com/

This review and camera footage was what made my mind up and change my camera from the DVR207 and I have not regretted it.

After downloading the software to my PC and setting up the camera as I wanted it, I now just connect it up in the car and forget it.

As soon as I plug the usb cable into the cigarette lighter via an adapter it starts recording.

I sometimes leave it plugged in while parked as my wife's MGTF was badly damaged in Tesco's car park. The store did not have CCTV and no note was left with name and address by the b*****d who did it.

A neighbours two cars were stolen from their drive during the night a month ago and  when I came home the following afternoon there were two men acting suspiciously nearby (they went as soon as I pulled up). I had my DVR207 running and was able to record them and the number of their Polish reg car that I had passed. I gave photos to the police who called to ask if I had seen any suspicious activity.

I think cameras should be standard in all new cars and would not be without mine.

. I am running 720p at 60fps, if you want 1080 it takes it down to 30fps. I

I would much rather run it at 1080p to get the extra definition on things like numberplates. There is not much that is going to happen that 60fps will capture that 30fps would not capture.