Waiting List

vegit8

Why are there long waits at Grimsby?

I believe that SUK have changed the company who deliver the cars? Whatever, the delays have been apparent for a while now as are the issues with getting a boat!

Pasquale, good to see it's arrived hope you are enjoying your new car. My L&K came on Dunlops so looks like you got the next batch of tyres. My car also sat at the docs and picked up a fair bit of fallout on the front wings, doors and back where the film protection is not placed for transport. It took a fair bit of work with Iron out (contamination remover) followed by a clay bar to get all this contamination from the paint but now looks like it should.

A tip, with friendly intentions :hi: , to those eager souls awaiting the safe arrival of their new pet SM: Download the Owner's Manual here -

https://mediaportal....wnersManual.pdf

It makes good reading during those sleepless nights and helps you prepare for adoptive parenthood. All sorts of useful info there (e.g. what's that thing above the top of the B pillar?!) that will give you a flying start when the pet arrives. There are lots of puzzling errors and omissions but Skoda give prizes for spotting them. Have fun!

You could also get the ElsaWin system. You might, like me, not expect to work on your own car, but at £3.99 + free delivery, it costs no more than the average magazine. I also wondered whether the sellers might get closed down some time in the near future, so bought a copy while I could. http://www.ebay.co.u...ME:L:OC:GB:3160

I believe that SUK have changed the company who deliver the cars? Whatever, the delays have been apparent for a while now as are the issues with getting a boat!

Ernie, how long ago are you referring to? Interestingly, my dealer told me (about 10 days ago) that 'they' (I presume 'they' means SUK?) had been having problems & they were in progress of changing the transportation company. I wondered if you were talking about the same change, or has there been a second change?

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

You could also get the ElsaWin system. You might, like me, not expect to work on your own car, but at £3.99 + free delivery, it costs no more than the average magazine. I also wondered whether the sellers might get closed down some time in the near future, so bought a copy while I could. http://www.ebay.co.u...ME:L:OC:GB:3160

Ernie, how long ago are you referring to? Interestingly, my dealer told me (about 10 days ago) that 'they' (I presume 'they' means SUK?) had been having problems & they were in progress of changing the transportation company. I wondered if you were talking about the same change, or has there been a second change?

It was, like you, a recent comment. I also understand that the bad weather caused a backlog with transport that caused issues with the March deliveries putting the garages under pressure to make targets.

It was, like you, a recent comment. I also understand that the bad weather caused a backlog with transport that caused issues with the March deliveries putting the garages under pressure to make targets.

That certainly makes sense - that pesky snow came at just the wrong time for the new vehicle reg.

On another note, my Yeti has moved to production complete sometime in the last 11 days. Ordered 11/2, so that's somewhere between 6.5 - 8 weeks for a 1.2TSI build. Also clears up the question over Shark Blue paint - problem must be specific to the 'berb production line.

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

Placed my order with Hughes of Farnham Common on 15th January, and was originally quoted 12-13 weeks for delivery, which would have been around the last week of April. A couple of weeks ago that was revised to "early May" - not sure exactly when, but I have been offered the use of a courtesy car if it hasn't arrived by the first week of May. Spec is as follows:

• Yeti Elegance 1.2 TSi DSG
  • Black Magic Pearl Effect / Gobi Sand
  • Annapurna wheels
  • Columbus sat nav
  • Park Assist
  • Electric driver's seat
  • Folding passenger seat backrest
  • 12-speaker sound system
  • Heated windscreen
  • Auto-dimming mirrors
  • Tyre pressure monitor
  • Variable boot floor

Additionally, the dealership will be fitting MDI, mats and mudflaps. Hopefully just a month to go now...

Had a call from the dealer, still no build week been set for my car <goes off to sulk in the corner>

I got a provisional build week as soon as I placed my order. I've since been advised that it's now showing as 2 weeks earlier, but still provisional. Don't all Skoda dealers use the same ordering system ? I don't understand why my dealer has given me a date, but yours hasn't :wonder:

I got a provisional build week as soon as I placed my order. I've since been advised that it's now showing as 2 weeks earlier, but still provisional. Don't all Skoda dealers use the same ordering system ? I don't understand why my dealer has given me a date, but yours hasn't :wonder:

I think mine just hasn't been allocated a week yet, maybe because of the options I've ordered?

I really don't know :think:

I must say, I haven't heard of anyone else being given a build date immediately - are you sure he wasn't being naughty & giving you a best guess?

I think mine just hasn't been allocated a week yet, maybe because of the options I've ordered?

I really don't know :think:

I think it was about 3-4 weeks before I was given a build week, & it seems to be fairly typical from the posts I've read (mine had a lot of options too - I think I broke the dealer's record for number of options!).

• Like 1

I must say, I haven't heard of anyone else being given a build date immediately - are you sure he wasn't being naughty & giving you a best guess?

Possibly - I'll ask more about it next time I'm talking to them. Other people have mentioned build weeks in their posts, so that lead me to believe that it was normal to have one.

I think it was about 3-4 weeks before I was given a build week, & it seems to be fairly typical from the posts I've read (mine had a lot of options too - I think I broke the dealer's record for number of options!).

To be fair to my dealer, he did say that the build week was provisional (when it was 21, and still so now that it is 19) and that it would be confirmed nearer the time. Maybe some dealers don't advise customers of build weeks while they are provisional ?

To be fair to my dealer, he did say that the build week was provisional (when it was 21, and still so now that it is 19) and that it would be confirmed nearer the time. Maybe some dealers don't advise customers of build weeks while they are provisional ?

I called Skoda UK also and they said it hadn't been allocated a build week so I have no reason to disbelieve the dealer.

Mine was built week 10, I'm still waiting its been in Grimsby now for 9 days, they need to figure out what they are doing. It spent 3 weeks in emden.

Pretty shocking really, was promised it for end of march and were getting on for the third week in April .

I don't think the situation has changed recently: a few weeks after placing your order, the dealer will know a provisional build week (some may make an educated guess at it before the official notification), but it remains provisional until an actual build week is allocated some 2-3 weeks before the event. After that, time to handover depends on speed of shipping and then delivery to dealer from the UK port, which can be as quickly as 2-3 weeks from the build date, or as long as 4-5 weeks. I am hoping to hear any day now (I've been away for the last three weeks) that the build week for my L&K is confirmed as week 17 (ie the week after next), in which case I would expect to have the car in late May.

Placed my order with Hughes of Farnham Common on 15th January, and was originally quoted 12-13 weeks for delivery, which would have been around the last week of April. A couple of weeks ago that was revised to "early May"

Correction: the order was placed on 28th January, not 15th (hence 12-13 weeks equating to end of April).

Incidentally, do dealers generally inform you of the build date once it's known, or would they only tell you if you enquired about it? When I asked this week whether my order had been frozen yet, I was told that the car had already been built and was in transit...

Ordered mine 2nd April and still waiting for a build week. How long do they take to allocate this? On the plus side I have a website that I can use to track the order but nothing is showing yet.

Correction: the order was placed on 28th January, not 15th (hence 12-13 weeks equating to end of April).

Incidentally, do dealers generally inform you of the build date once it's known, or would they only tell you if you enquired about it? When I asked this week whether my order had been frozen yet, I was told that the car had already been built and was in transit...

I can't say about 'generally' but my dealer has a policy of contacting all customers at least fortnightly, moving to weekly when things start happening. There appear to be other dealers who don't contact the customer at all until they need them to sign some paperwork & hand over the money. I think if you really wanted to know, you'd have to start a poll.

....Incidentally, do dealers generally inform you of the build date once it's known, or would they only tell you if you enquired about it? When I asked this week whether my order had been frozen yet, I was told that the car had already been built and was in transit...

Interesting comparison here; my Yeti came from Hughes, Aylesbury, (you are dealing with Farnham Common) and I was told the Build Week as soon as they knew it. They also called me as soon as the transporter had delivered it to their PDI centre and took me straight there to confirm that it actually had the hard-won 16" Moons :sun: !

Interesting comparison here; my Yeti came from Hughes, Aylesbury, (you are dealing with Farnham Common) and I was told the Build Week as soon as they knew it. They also called me as soon as the transporter had delivered it to their PDI centre and took me straight there to confirm that it actually had the hard-won 16" Moons :sun: !

I have a lot of respect for Hughes as a company. I've been a customer at their Beaconsfield branch since 1998 and currently have a car on order there as well. To be fair to the chap at Farnham Common, he has said he will be in touch more frequently now that the car is on its way, but it's a little disappointing that I only found out that the car had been built after the event, and that there'd been no updates prior to that. Also a little miffed that I was not offered the chance to add the factory MDI option to my spec, as it seems it became available within a couple of weeks of my having placed my order, yet I am now having to go with an after-market update that will cost considerably more. Hopefully this will all pale into insignificance once I've taken delivery of the car...

yet I am now having to go with an after-market update that will cost considerably more

Yes, but have you given careful consideration to where you want the socket?

Over the life of the car, you may come to rejoice in the fact that you have the socket where you wanted it, instead of the ridiculous place where Skoda factory-fit it.

Mine was built week 10, I'm still waiting its been in Grimsby now for 9 days, they need to figure out what they are doing. It spent 3 weeks in emden.

Pretty shocking really, was promised it for end of march and were getting on for the third week in April .

That is shocking really.

Can the dealer not do something to push this along?

I'd be :devil: if this happened to me.