The Mr Muscle VNT Turbo Treatment - thought we needed a guide of sorts

Lofty79

Thats the same as my engine. I wouldnt care but i just about had the turbo out but theres a oil pipe that i didnt fancy taking off in case there was oil all over my drive.

well firstly theres little oil in the pipe unless the engines running but secondly, cant you drill and tap a hole like ive done, you have better access

I could try that, it is a great idea, couldnt believe how easy it was to near enough remove the turbo, i might have another go when i have a day off as only had a few hours today between the showers

removal and stripping it down is the best way, be aware there (in some) some small Torx screws that seize and can snap off

if you do it take a picture at each step for posting (maybe on a Citroen forum?)

my mr muscle+VGT is still OK after 3 months and about 4000 miles

My 2005 Octy 2.0 PD 140 BKD just developed limbo mode when on a motorway this morning. When I got to the traffic lights i switched the engine off and back on again and it went. Came back from work hasn't happened again, fingers crossed.

I had a bit of a snoop around the engine bay tonight and it certainly looks hell of a job on the BKD, the EGR is on the front of the engine then a pipe runs to the back to I believe the EGR cooler? The air pipes are everywhere and getting access from the top looks impossible.

If my problem continues is there anyone around Berks that could carry this for me? Obviously for a fee :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good solution to a sticky problem, no pun intended.

I especially like the drilling and tapping mod.

Presumably Mr Muscle is CAT safe and nobody's had any MOT issues after using it, even though diesel emission testing only measures particulate levels.

Any comments?

Hi guys, 

Im new to the forum but came across the Mr muscle treatment a few days ago so carried it out today. Is it ok to leave the mr muscle cleaner overnight in the turbo or will this damage it? 

Thanks 

Hi guys, 

Im new to the forum but came across the Mr muscle treatment a few days ago so carried it out today. Is it ok to leave the mr muscle cleaner overnight in the turbo or will this damage it? 

Thanks 

It does most of its work in the first ten minutes mate, 30-60 minutes is plenty, so long as you get it right into the VGT

it could be done before you get all the pipes back on

Well its been in there since 15:00 but i also took off my inlet manifold and its currently drying as i gave it a clean but I don't have any day light now. So was just wondering if i left it until tomorrow to put it back together would that be ok? 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys great thread ive read with amazement and interest..im in Ireland county Clare to be exact and wondering is there anybody local that could do this procedure for me on my 03 octavia est ??? I will obviously sort them out..im seriously considering paying a guy 150euro to strip down my turbo and clean it as the cheapest recon turbo i can get is 500 euro fitted..any help appreciated tia

okay guys took down the turbo today and oh my god what a job. Driveshaft etc had to come out before i could get at it..eventually got it out and stripped and out of all the veins 3 were moving freely. The others wouldnt shift without the assistance of a hefty set of pliers. Completely cleaned them without removing the three torx screws for fear they would break. Kept at it till everything was moving freely and replaced the actuator ring. I was suprised at how clean the inlet manifold was and the actuator was perfect. Ive only done about 40 miles since so im not clapping myself on the back yet but so far so good :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone carried this out on a VRS PD170? Cant remember my engine code but all i know is the Turbo is right at the back and the EGR is at the front... cant see exactly how I would get to the correct side of the turbo to squirt my muscle in.. Also, not sure if I actually need to do this as all im getting is a little bit of a flat spot before the turbo takes up.. seems like i need to put my foot down a lot further on the accelerator before the turbo kicks in..

any advice on if its worth me trying to do this?

hi lofty

i have a 58plate sharan 1.9tdi 105bhp 35,000 miles from new

the first 22,000 miles was a elderly gentleman from new

i have limp home mode many times now 

just got it over my pit and i think it would be easier to remove my front pipe and fill the turbo up from the side with mr muscle

will that do the same job ?

UPDATE......

waited a couple of days .. no answer so decided to go ahead with mr muscle

took front pipe off (easy)

filled up the turbo with mr muscle and waited 2 hours 

worked the actuator linkage too

put back together and shes running spot on at the moment

so see what happens fingers crossed

Hi Guys,

So had the dreaded limp mode about 3 weeks ago, engine light on and emissions workshop on the display, noticeable drop in power. Car was due a service so got the garage to check the codes, they said it was the n75 valve so I brought a new one and changed it...didn't solve the problem. Came across this post and thought I would give it a bash, I have a superb 1.9tdi AWX engine. The actuator was solid before I started and it still feels stiff but does move.

Have done the muscle twice and gone for a long burn up but to no avail :(

A few points, turning the ignition off doesn't cure the engine light emissions workshop.

I noticed a lot of exhaust soot around the exhaust pipe that comes out the turbo and there doesn't seem to be anything holding these two pipes together..could this be my problem? Should there be something jointing the exhaust.

Any ideas?

image.jpg

imagur