CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

out of curiosity have you done any insurance quotes for the car as it's now a kit car in there eyes isn't it ?

That's a big can of worms that no doubt will spawn a zillion pages of debate on Briskoda. ;)

But in short, it will be inspected by VOSA and I'll follow their advice on the best way to register it.

Which will then let me know what to insure it as.

From discussions I've had so far while the SVA/IVA guy has been inspecting my buses it'll not be a Q plate as the original car is there and the new parts are all pretty much from one donor. It's not a vehicle you can't define an age for.

Insurance will not be that expensive, I pay less than £1k for the GT-R.

If it makes it to Combe in the Spring, I don't even want to drive my car. All I politely ask is shotgun in yours! :D

Same arrangement as this year would work quite well Simon. ;)

^^Interesting question!

To Jabbasport - how much "neater" than "normal" do you do this job having it so well publicised here ? ;)

Same attention to detail as what goes into all the projects here, the racing stuff has to be done to a high standard so they don't fall to bits, and the welding has to be to a standard on the rollcages to pass scrutaneering, the welding was tested at the hands of a world touring car driver that rolled our hire car this year, the cage survived without moving the cage or the welds :-)

the welding was tested at the hands of a world touring car driver that rolled our hire car this year, the cage survived without moving the cage or the welds :-)

Was the on purpose Luke, for strength testing? :)

• Like 1

Same attention to detail as what goes into all the projects here, the racing stuff has to be done to a high standard so they don't fall to bits, and the welding has to be to a standard on the rollcages to pass scrutaneering, the welding was tested at the hands of a world touring car driver that rolled our hire car this year, the cage survived without moving the cage or the welds :-)

It was a bit of a rouse of course, tongue in cheek type of question with an obvious answer :).

Keep it the good work! And take lots of photos for the project story book !

Suddenly having one of Hertz finest hire cars to enjoy for a few days seems tame..........

Castle Combe Spring Action date recently released as 27th April 2013.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/257172-castle-combe-spring-acton-day-2013-270413-tracktime-clubstand/

So that's the worst case scenario for getting the car built, tested and tested again, :D err... and paid for. ;)

See many of you there again, hopefully.

• Like 4

BossFox i swear you have a few screws loose doing something this mental! Have to say I love it thpugh! Cant beat a propper sleeper :) Cant wait to see it at Combe in the spring screaming past me! :)

ilmor

Thanks Sam, have to say I'm very pleased with progress.

We spent yesterday going over the car, discussing ideas and future plans.

I'm very optimistic about this project and the final result. :)

Which is good as we are way too far in now... :D

• Like 1