CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Hmmm, I don't think you were harsh at all Cliff. I was actually quite shocked when Tom's comment flashed up on my phone. I don't see how anything that starts with 'I'm a bit dissapointed with this thread to be honest, 8 pages of waffle so far' could be taken any other way than a big dig! Richard takes the time & trouble to start a thread that creates a massive amount of interest (not to mention comes for miles to support local Briskoda events) helps to breathe much needed life blood into Brisky in my opinion. Explains to us that it will be a long term project if it's even at all possible, involves us in all the subsequent progress & descisions & then gets berated for it! Tom, your build threads are epic but I don't see anyone having a pop at you when things stall for a while for whatever reason? I must say, it smacks of something rather unsavoury to me?

Rant over :angel:

• Like 1

It is interesting they felt that those mounts had to be seam welded and spot welding was not enough.

That's the way it's done, more to keep the mot man happy than anything, it's one of the ironic things about when you have to seam weld a repair patch on a sill panel when the entire panel is only spot welded to the body shell, when you actually examine how a car is held together its remarkable how few welds hold it all together.. Although it's fairy common for load bearing structures like engine and subframe mountings to be seam welded at the factory.

That's the way it's done, more to keep the mot man happy than anything, it's one of the ironic things about when you have to seam weld a repair patch on a sill panel when the entire panel is only spot welded to the body shell,

But the argument being that although the OEM panels etc on the car may "only" be spot welded........that car has been crash tested, Q.C. tested and has big manufacturer behind it etc, etc,............and in most cases those spot welds are done by a robot so the results are constant......and the strength can be proven........

So to make sure that a none oem repair is done they (MOT people, regulator bodies etc) have to make sure it is "over spec" "belt & braces"............so seam welded.........as in general the consistancy can vary between people who do the repair.......

Anyway I think Bossfox said earlier that the car will have a roll cage to provide full stiffness.........ooooo....eeerrrrrrr......miss'es.........

A little late when i found this topic but it's looking nice. I very wondering how its handling will be.. repect about fitting the Haldex under the car it will make it a lot better and will not spin on the start

A little late when i found this topic but it's looking nice. I very wondering how its handling will be.. repect about fitting the Haldex under the car it will make it a lot better and will not spin on the start

With a Haldex controller can have standard, front or locked 50-50 split.

But at Snetterton last Saturday I came across a guy with a seriously tweaked and lightened TT who claims to be working on an adjustable set up where you use a dial to vary the split, so you could have all the power at thefront, back or anywhere in between. I've kept his details...

I still overtook him on track though. :blush:

• Like 4

<br /><br />Its a shame when comments like this appear especially so when its someone like Richard who is driving this project forward. It smacks a little of sour grapes even especially as Richard has chosen to use his financial resources rather than his own expertise. Lets not forget no matter how a project is resourced it is the vision, inspiration and hard work of the individual driving this forward, be it working away in a shed to all hours or slaving away at the day job to fund the project.<br /><br />Like quite a few here, I've met Richard on a few occasions and I could not wish to meet a more genuine, sincere, friendly guy who will give anyone the time of day especially all things Skoda. He deserves to and will succeed with this project.<br /><br />Total Respect BF, catch up soon.<br /><br />Mike
<br /><br />Not to mention a 100% full on petrol head!
  • Like 2

Its a shame when comments like this appear especially so when its someone like Richard who is driving this project forward. It smacks a little of sour grapes even especially as Richard has chosen to use his financial resources rather than his own expertise. Lets not forget no matter how a project is resourced it is the vision, inspiration and hard work of the individual driving this forward, be it working away in a shed to all hours or slaving away at the day job to fund the project.

Like quite a few here, I've met Richard on a few occasions and I could not wish to meet a more genuine, sincere, friendly guy who will give anyone the time of day especially all things Skoda. He deserves to and will succeed with this

I'm not sure I'm understanding your sentiment here tbh?? Sour grapes?? If I wanted a 4x4 citigo I'd build one? This site leaves me a bit bewildered with all these over defensive responses like this.. What's the geezers sincerity got to do with it anyway? Anybody would think I'd murdered his cat or something..

• Like 3

I love that contrast between the donor engine and sparking new frame :D.

Yes, it'll look a lot better in the future.

As there was still not 100% certainty it would fit it needs to go in first before being taken out, cleaned and rebuilt with shiny new parts. :)

Will you not be challenged for heat dissipation? Any bonnet design to try to combat this? If you can get all the "hot pipes" copper annealed - the best to reduce radiative heat transfer, better than gold :)

We liiike shiiiiny , my precioussss!

The exhaust tunnel looks almost ideal to run the prop down.

The new exhaust may have to sit a bit lower than standard, along under the bottom. We'll see. :D

OMG! i cant belive this is in!

Still dont think the front end is going back on

I think it's too late to turn back now... :rofl:

• Like 1

This thread reminds me of a case we had in court recently

Guy got pulled over as his car looked very low, and it was found that the tyres were rubbing the inside of the arches under load

Police checked his insurance and it was insured as a standard 999cc car........turned out to have a 1.8T under the bonnet :)

• Like 2