CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

But how much would the fuel bill be to CZ at around 5 to the gallon? :giggle:

Joking aside, it should be quite economical when cruising, mainly due to a kerbweight around 1000-1100 kg.

Not that it's by design, it's just a trade off of starting with a Citigo because it's light.

Wish I could make a Citi-go-go on Forza 4 - best I could do was an AWD 400bhp VW Fox.

Trying to get in your head and all that did was make me buy all the power options :rofl:

Hoping to come to a show or meet soon so I can check out this beast.

Keep up the good work!

Oh, I forgot to say to you I saw you driving your red yeti through Tunbridge Wells once, I recognised the plate and waved as I was walking to town lol :)

• Like 1

Only just found this thread only taken 2 and a bit hours to read!!!!

Boss Fox you are legend and jabba you guys have got some **** hot hand skills!!

Cant wait to see the finished product!

All the best!

• Like 2

Also, having looked hard at gearbox options and the limitations of the stock gearbox with a car conversion using so much high spec kit I have blown a hole right through the middle of the budget.

Yesterday a sequential hydraulic shift unit was ordered from KAPS Transmissions in the Czech Republic.

So it will still have a gearstick, but with lightning fast changes.

Some info on the unit here: http://eng.kaps-tran...fting-unit.html

It is effectively a racing spec sequential shift unit built to take 600NM (440lb/ft) of torque with gear changes in around 0.03 seconds so no loss of boost either for the turbo when changing.

That is the dogs. They are a long way from my usual base in Czech but not far from where Petr lives (another member on here) otherwise I would call in and say hello next time im there.

IMO it is exactly what had to be done. Perfectly logical and justified expense considering the project.

Really looking forward seeing the finished project. Hoping you will give me the honour of a ride at one of the track meets?

You have the patience of a saint Richard. I would be climbing the wall with anticipation.

Its going to be crazy (but in a good way). If you do ever do the road trip to Czech I would love to come along as part of the convoy. With our combined MPG figures we might just reach double numbers :rofl:

8 weeks, not too long, people on here have waited longer than that for a Yeti.

Richard, all good things come to those who wait!

Is it 8 weeks because it has to be built?

Yes, they have to modify the gearbox casing and provide whichever set of ratios you want.

Richard, all good things come to those who wait!

I had this mad idea and started the thread last July! :D

Good job I'm patient.

Mind you, it's nearly there... I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few people thought it'd never happen. It is a bit wacky.

I did pass a link to my mate at Central VW Audi, he has done a few mad projects and people he deals with also modify cars, Russ Fellows has the fastest Beetle I believe, achieved this with a flat 6 Porsche motor and a few turbos. He is HERE.

Si is currently uprating the G60 again, recently fitted a different turbo and is expecting 650bhp+ at the remap next week in a very stock looking MK II

8638198988_d62711bb9b_b.jpg

BUT, even these guys think you deserve a medal for your modification prowess.

I am sure Mrs Fox is happy you haven't spent 9 months banging away in your shed too :blush::giggle:

Either way, I am sure when citigo-go-go breathes life, there will be a mass following to the first outing it has.

You will be able to recoup the build costs at £10 per passenger ride.

I'll be doing passenger rides for the next millenium. :rofl:

With the interest at this rate you could have a charity raffle for a passenger ride at the mega meet!

• Like 1

I think a grand unveiling at the mega meet would be brilliant. B)

Wait a minute - if all goes well it is suppose debut at the "How Fast?" track day 1 st of June !

To make it happen I will make a trip to Jabba's HQ and help to sort the pocket monster out to make the deadline! If you send me the head with valves and I will get that motor to produce insane pot pressures at unchanged compression ratio :ph34r:

EDIT: Joking as I am sure Jabba is already doing it :angel:

I know it will be revealed before July, i'm just saying how it would be brilliant for so many people to be able to see it at once and would allow for extended timescales should it be needed. :thumbup:

I will be taking it to the mega meet so people can have a peek. :)

• Like 2

im sure with a little magic down the line you could get a DSG wheel with paddles and get it to fit, ;)

It's not actually that much of a problem, I just don't want paddles. :D

Have them on the other car and if I am honest I'm not a big fan.

Having a gearstick like lever in the usual place will make me feel more like a Skoda Fabia WRC driver. ;):rofl: (I can dream!)

• Like 3