CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

i dont know if im gonna make it to castle combe ! :/

Chances are the car won't be there, we are about three/four weeks behind... :(

So finish will probably be early/mid May.

Which will make it's first outing the Briskoda "HowFast?" day on the 1st June at Bedford.

Sorry folks, but it's just the way it's worked out. Need it done 100% and not rushed as it's going to be fairly nippy.

not nice with delays but it is one of those things, Do it properly and do it once.

Seen a local forum member do a mk4 Golf Estate turned into a pick-up (Mk4 Ute), They rushed it through all the steps to get it done for a show and nothing was right.... the Air ride was only just working when they left for the show, they had to vynal the bed as the paint was so bad (to hide it), once the show was done they ended up starting again and re-doing all the work they had already done.

Good to hear you are putting off shows to get it finished propprly, still cannot wait to see this done (and go for a ride :) )

• Like 1

Knowing Richard pretty well now, I know this project won't set foot on any tarmac until it is 100% right - the last thing you'd want is that little go kart having a moment at 100 MPH +

Knowing Richard pretty well now, I know this project won't set foot on any tarmac until it is 100% right - the last thing you'd want is that little go kart having a moment at 100 MPH +

If this car had a "moment at 100mph+ .........

new seats please........................

No amount of cilit bang, vanish etc. would remove those stains!!!!.... :giggle:

So around 40lts???........................not bad considering!!!......................

How long will that give you having fun on track???????

1hr?????........... :giggle:

If this car had a "moment at 100mph+ .........

new seats please........................

No amount of cilit bang, vanish etc. would remove those stains!!!!.... :giggle:

So around 40lts???........................not bad considering!!!......................

On a track? How about an Autobahn :rofl:

My GT-R averaged 3-4 miles or about two laps of Castle Combe per gallon.

So in theory...

It's a lot lighter and making a bit less power I'm hoping for 5mpg, or two and a half laps.

Running with a 20% reserve it should do around 35 miles of hard track work or three sessions of around 15 minutes.

Which is fine. :happy:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, but for me I've done what is the sensible thing.

I had three track sessions, two of which I'd not want to do with unknown other cars if in the Yeti.

So I'm taking the GT-R, doing those two and I've freed up my space on the Briskoda session for another member that really wanted to go on it.

Coming back to the Citigo, it's still at Pro Alloy.

So figure in getting it back, doing all the work that needs doing and getting everything stripped down and painted as good as new and it's probably going to be the end of May.

About four weeks behind the original deadline.

A pain, but that's life.

Oh, and it's a bit over budget too. :D (do it once, do it right and no cutting corners!)

There's always unexpected delays with projects like this, it's always the way when the whole thing has been custom built.

how much has it cost so far? Or is that secret?

Not really, just not something I want to get involved in discussing in length and justifying on an open forum.

My plan has not been to start some "billy big potatoes" boasting thread. It's an unusual and fun build thread.

I could have just gone out and bought a new S3. But where is the fun in that! :D

Yes, it's not cheap. But it's all relative.

If I was earning £10k per year and spending £5k on a car nobody would have a second thought about it.

• Like 3

Guest Tsi Fly

Not really, just not something I want to get involved in discussing in length and justifying on an open forum.

My plan has not been to start some "billy big potatoes" boasting thread. It's an unusual and fun build thread.

I could have just gone out and bought a new S3. But where is the fun in that! :D

Yes, it's not cheap. But it's all relative.

If I was earning £10k per year and spending £5k on a car nobody would have a second thought about it.

Like your style, not about the money just wanted to see if..........keep up the good work!

A small update, as it's been a bit quiet lately.

Car is still at Pro Alloy.

Fuel tank and inlet manifold are done, with just the intercooler/radiator package to go.

Also, having looked hard at gearbox options and the limitations of the stock gearbox with a car conversion using so much high spec kit I have blown a hole right through the middle of the budget.

Yesterday a sequential hydraulic shift unit was ordered from KAPS Transmissions in the Czech Republic.

So it will still have a gearstick, but with lightning fast changes.

Some info on the unit here: http://eng.kaps-tran...fting-unit.html

It is effectively a racing spec sequential shift unit built to take 600NM (440lb/ft) or torque with gear changes in around 0.03 seconds so no loss of boost either for the turbo when changing.

The time it's needing at Pro Alloy is not going to be a major issue hopefully as the sequential shift unit can take up to 8 weeks.

So not only have I knackered the budget, I've also knackered the deadline...

Will it be ready for Bedford?

So you not only bought the shifter but the box as well ( I think you did)?

I think this project deserves that truly.

When do you sing for a Hillclimb event? ;)

You going for short or long ratio?

Mot worried about straight cut gears being noisy?

Will it be ready for Bedford?

So you not only bought the shifter but the box as well?

I think this project deserves that truly.

I hope so Jabo.

But you can never be 100% sure can you?

The standard box casing needs modification, so KAPS Transmissions supply an exchange unit with some CNC work, pretty much any gear ratios you like and the hydraulic shifting unit and all the gubbins involved.

We are looking at gearing to peak in 6th at 175mph. (long, short was 150mph)

A figure Jabbasport believe the car will reach with no problem if the driver has the balls.

I did point out the lack of aero... :D

Should be fine, I've not found a track where the Nissan can get over 150mph anyway.

It's something I was looking to avoid as it's really not cheap.

But not doing it is almost going to be the weak link in the finished project and I know I'm going to regret it otherwise when struggling to put 450(ish)bhp through a standard H box with the consequences of boost loss etc...

*dribbles*

EDIT: I remember the instructor guys at Silverstone commented after we finished going round the small track in the "cigars" the the one thing that for sure can be said about my driving was that I had some balls LOL. Bring GTR to Bedford and I can try to take it above 150 MPH for you :D

• Like 2