CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

My Fabia put 260bhp and 400lb/ft through two tyres on the wrong end of the car, with a 205 cross section.

I can't see less than double the bhp and around the same torque being a problem through four tyres.

It's all about set up and gearing. :)

• Like 3

I am glad you are confident and I am sure it will be fine. All I know is if I switched TC in my bog standard car I'd be without tyres by the end of the day :D. I tried starting with TC and manual paddle shift and was not going anywhere but making quite a spectacle - mind you, no "right foot TC" was being employed by me, just planted the foot and flicking through gears lol. No wonder my front tyres have so much less tread compared to rear ones :(.

It's a bit late now, but a left hand drive car would have given you better weight distribution.... engine offset to the right, gearbox to the left... driver on the left evens things out. (That's why the VW Golf series use mostly LHD cars).

Of course, LHD is the ideal for the race circuit where there's only the driver in the car, but in real life you stick a passenger in the other front seat & the corner weighting goes out of the window anyway! :giggle:

Brilliant project. Just needs to do a few hillclimbs / sprints, though it'd have to compete as a sports libre!

A bit late?

Hells bells, we started about eight months ago! :D

RHD is fine. Not a fan of driving LHD, I'm not a professional racing driver!

Every circuit I've been to so far is clockwise anyway. I prefer being on the apex of most of the corners.

• Like 1

A bit late?

Hells bells, we started about eight months ago! :D

RHD is fine. Not a fan of driving LHD, I'm not a professional racing driver!

Every circuit I've been to so far is clockwise anyway. I prefer being on the apex of most of the corners.

I can't disagree with anything you say! I could never get to grips (!) with a right hand gear change, (even my clubman's single seater had a left hand change) and I always felt more comfortable in the right hand seat on right hand corners - and still do. In the UK, only Rockingham runs anti-clockwise (built with American 'speedway' drivers in mind), so yes, clockwise is the British way, and long may it continue to be so.

Your fantastic project reminds me of Jim Gazey's incredible Hillclimb Smart Car - only your CityGo has the potential of being even better! Good luck with the plan!!!

That turbo resting on the top of the engine jsut puts a smile on my face every time. :)

Looking like there is loads more to do in that bay, the hot side of the turbo is very exposed and close to the rocker cover.... guess the coilpacks are going to be front facing to stop the loom rubbing against the hot side of the bow?

Trailer for the Citigo has turned up.

Nice Brain James A-Max for it's safe transport.

So trailer, check.

dsc0086fd.jpg

Tow car, check.

yet1.jpg

Citigo...

:sweat:

Put a towbar on it and put the Yeti on the trailer, the look of people at traffic lights would be awesome as they get into the lane beside you as to not be held up on green, but we can all picture what would happen next :D

Saturday 27th April.

Obviously it's not guaranteed that it's going to be finished in time.

As much as I really want to be there with the Citigo it needs to be finished and done properly.

The idea was to have it finished for this event.

Pro Alloy still have the car, then it needs to go back to Jabbasport for various things including the roll cage, sealing and painting where work has been done, electrics + ECU, set up etc...

I will be a bit gutted if it's not there though. :(

Plus that means I'll end up in the GT-R and be banned from the track session.

• Like 2