Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

Many thanks for the reply and great write up. Delighted to hear you are pleased with the car.

I have driven the M6 and north west roads many times before and as you say a relatively easy drive on good quality/quiet roads outwith road works, rush hour...

Was only enquiring re your decision to chose this stealer just in case the were offering a deal so sweet that we all need to run round to Seafield.

In a previous post I mentioned that I did not particularly like the black alloys, but have to admit they look really good on the race blue and black coloured cars. I would like to go with a white Octavia but not sure this works well with the black.

Hopefully all the members on here receiving a Blackline can get cracking and post more pics for those of us sitting on the fence/undecided.

I think the price being offered £18.7k(?) is fair - I dont think it is a car worth full price £22k - maybe it is just me but I think £20k+ for a new car is a lot/too much money. Have had VWs for the last few years but am sure will come to the Skoda camp when the time comes. All VW seem to do now is trot out the same models but increase the price significantly (also hate the VW arrogance/snobery of dealer network). You cant get a semi-decent Golf now for less than £20k and it still comes with a guff three year warranty. VW - if you think your cars are worth more then stand behind them and offer a longer warranty, 5 years minimum. That is why I am looking at Skoda/Kia/Hyundai - all these brands have raised their game substantially.

All the best.

• Like 1

I have emailed carsystems to see which is the right microphone cable, did anyone else have an ipod MDI cable in their car? but no MDI...

Where would I find this if it existed?

By using the VCDS to enable bluetooth, will this enable the phone button on the MFSW to operate too? presently it mutes the music. I am following your progress regarding the bluetooth with interest, thanks for the updates on this.

BA Baracus - It was the standard Skoda deal - £500 towards deposit, 3 years worth of fixed mileage /annual servicing, 0 vat. So I got mine for 18.5k inc metallic paint and DSG. I was impressed the 3 year breakdown cover includes travel within Europe. My insurance has not increased and following the trade of my 58 plate 150 bhp CDTI Vectra (they gave me £5000 - which was a fair price in my opinion) my monthly payments are £299 (7.3 % APR) x 40 + GFV settlement of £7800.

Given my Vectra was £203 a month and still had 15 months to run, taking into consideration free servicing, no MOT, new tryes, warranty, 3 years breakdown and 1 years road tax versus spending almout £500 on my Vectra this year with MOT, Service, new brake disks and pads, aswell as garage visit for stutter. I felt the Vectra issues was the start of things to come plus it needed 2 new front tyres within the next 4 months. On balance the extra £100 for the next 15 months is probably closer to an extra £40 in real terms.

My little 'un leaves nursey next year to go to school and she's in full time currently, so next year I will feel like I've won the lottery (definately no more kids!).

Essentially the PCP deal suited me.

I would recommend Seafield Skoda, so far my experience has been good, though not enough to recommend you travel 220 miles for a new car!

• Like 1

Thanks for being open and honest about your sums - this is very informative for us thinking about options.

So may people come on forums and say they have got a great deal but then fail to mention any figures probably because the deal wasn't really that good.

£1250 down, repayments of £270 a month on the DSG. 6k miles per annum. Not really concentrating on GFV/final payment as I'll be trading in just before 3 years.

FAO BA Baracus.

That's over 42 months but dealer advised me to come in at approx 2 years 8 months, as the cars value drops again when out of the 3 year warranty period.

Edited by sihaworth

Well I have collected my white Blackline and its awesome. The dealer gave me some cash for the BT issue (promised it has BT) as they are not allowed to change the navigation settings (sent them the link below). i can confirm that if you follow the link with VCDS the bluetooth function is enabled and integrates with the maxidot. All i need to do now is purchase the microphone and we are laughing. Works perfect phone and media streaming. :rock::rofl:

http://www.remkoweijnen.nl/blog/2011/08/26/rns-315-enable-the-hidden-bluetooth-carkit/

Well I have collected my white Blackline and its awesome. The dealer gave me some cash for the BT issue (promised it has BT) as they are not allowed to change the navigation settings (sent them the link below). i can confirm that if you follow the link with VCDS the bluetooth function is enabled and integrates with the maxidot. All i need to do now is purchase the microphone and we are laughing. Works perfect phone and media streaming. :rock::rofl:

http://www.remkoweijnen.nl/blog/2011/08/26/rns-315-enable-the-hidden-bluetooth-carkit/

Have you got a link for a microphone? Is your dealer sorting it out for you an fitting the microphone for you as well?

looking good, has anyone looked into changing the halogen bulbs for somthing ...............whiter or bluer :D, i seem to have cought some horrible bug with having everything ice white or slightly blue from beign a member of a forum from my last car, but i do like it

http://www.remkoweij...uetooth-carkit/

Does it have integration into Maxidot as the website says not??

Edited by sh4rpsh00ter
  • Like 1

Been waiting for someone to post a photo of a black VRS estate, but seems none have arrived yet...

...so have been wasting time in photoshop trying to envisage what is in store for me soon.

Can't wait!

post-95669-0-71892400-1349552472_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Been waiting for someone to post a photo of a black VRS estate, but seems none have arrived yet...

...so have been wasting time in photoshop trying to envisage what is in store for me soon.

Can't wait!

Will post when I get round to it. It's very black.

wheres hulkster with his pics :)

So sorry guys. I have been laid up all day with some sort of chuffing man flu. Been so ill all I did was pick the car up, fill her up and get back home. Will slap some pics up in the morning.

It looks the mutts nuts. The admiring glances/comments we were getting today on the journey home, honestly were more than I expected. It seems to appeal to a wide scope of people, both men and women.........

I keep dragging myself off the sofa (my sick bed of today) and looking at it parked outside on the drive. Fabulous.

Edited by Thehulkster
  • Like 3

Can't wait!

That looks awesome! I'm going to do that! I was trying to convince the missus and I think your photoshop may have done the trick!

I'm waiting for my black estate to arrive too.

Where would I find this if it existed?

By using the VCDS to enable bluetooth, will this enable the phone button on the MFSW to operate too? presently it mutes the music. I am following your progress regarding the bluetooth with interest, thanks for the updates on this.

I am guessing (as i have manual) that it would enable the phone button just like it does on the headunit as that mutes too.

Can't wait!

Is there not a pic of a black Blackline estate a few pages back on this thread?