Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

At a guess, I expect Skoda UK got offered a set of VRS's built to one spec, as a bulk order at a great price for the run out of the this model before the new one arrives, give it a 'limited edition' name, a few nice desirable options and those people that are on the fence about waiting will decide to go for this one as it has some toys and keep the UK sales figures looking good, Skoda UK would get a good deal on buying a set amount with a set spec, thats how I see it.

• Like 2

Well, it surprised me how little information ANY of the 4 dealers around the UK knows about when these cars will hit the showrooms. And there is STILL nothing on the Skoda uk website that mentions the Blackline? Staggering really, when you think of how much money 500 of those cars will bring in.

After giving a rather large deposit along with signing on the dotted line for my white VRS Blackline, I would like more info than I've been given.

I feel like a mushroom.

Edited by Thehulkster

Well, it surprised me how little information ANY of the 4 dealers around the UK knows about when these cars will hit the showrooms. And there is STILL nothing on the Skoda uk website that mentions the Blackline? Staggering really, when you think of how much money 500 of those cars will bring in.

After giving a rather large deposit along with signing on the dotted line for my white VRS Blackline, I would like more info than I've been given.

I feel like a mushroom.

Quite often I tell my dealer stuff that I've read on here way before any official notification!!

Still be interested to know if it will be a limited edition interior, as it certainly looks like it will be the standard leather. It doesn't seem as good as the last LE really, which had nice wheels (albeit made of cheese) and a new colour.

Black alloys on a white car look amazing. I have seen alot of the new corsas in white with black alloys and they look really cool (never thought I'd write that about a vauxhall....or corsa lol!!!!!) when you take delivery of the car you'll love it as it will look different to all the other vrs's!!!!

Advertised at a UK dealer here:

http://www.westoverg...tavia-vrs-offer

5031e82661a6d.jpg

Octavia vRS Blackline with Free Trim Upgrade & 0 VAT!

The following specification is free on top of standard Octavia vRS features:

• 18" Blackline Alloy Wheels
  • Rear Park Sensors
  • Amundsen Satellite Navigation
  • Digital radio
  • vRS Leather Upholstery
  • Available in Candy White, Black Magic Pearl and Race Blue Metallic

Plus, this fantastic offer is available with no VAT!

Octavia vRS Hatch 2.0 TDi CR 170PS DPF - £17,833.33

Octavia vRS Hatch 2.0 TDi CR 170PS DSG DPF - £18,835

Octavia vRS Estate 2.0 TDi CR 170PS DPF - £18,700

Octavia vRS Estate 2.0 TDi CR 170PS DSG DPF - £19,701.67

Edited by silver1011

So basically - the interiors will be replaced, the reversing sensors fitted, the satnav/climate/digital radio installed and the wheels swapped over to black AFTER the original Octavia has been built?

Sounds madness to me - and a recipe for poor workmanship rearing its ugly head. I'm not to happy about hearing this.

Local stealer provided me with details of the team carrying out the upgrade in the UK of the standard VRS to a Blackline. CLICK HERE

On second thoughts, see if you can upgrade the warranty from 3 to 5 years...

• Like 2

Does anyone know who prepped the LE's back in 2009 here in the UK?

They seemed to manage the job OK, fitting a complete leather interior.

I wonder if the LE seats are the standard vRS seats retrimmed or if they were made bespoke?

vrs_uk_le_1_small.jpgvrs_uk_le_2_small.jpgvrs_uk_le_3_small.jpg

Thought I'd better join the forum because I just ordered a blackline last week. Never owned a Skoda before but really looking forward to it.

There's been some confusion about whether the blackline qualifies for the Skoda finance offer (£500 contribution + 3yrs servicing). if anyone knows for sure I'd be greatful if you could let me know.

Well, my deal included it!

Initially - when I was going between 3 dealers, all of them were doing that deal. The LAST dealer I went to (my local one) spend 2 days confirming with Skoda before finally offering me a deal that was no VAT, £500 contribution to trade-in and 3 years free servicing on a 3 year pcp plan.

And it was a genuine £500 on-top of my part-ex figure.

I was very pleased.

Edited by Thehulkster

ive just took delivery of a new vrs and opted for black alloys,my car is white and i think it looks mint

Got any pictures to share?

Ordered mine today, dealer says should be by the end of Sept but didn't sound sure. Took the minimum finance over 12 mths with the deposit contribution to get free service option.

Opted for the White as don't like the Black & my last 2 have been Blue.

I will post again if I hear any more.

Hi ALL

Newbie here, but I thought I would join as I have ordered one of these babies - Estate/Diesel/VRS/Blackline (it seemed a fine choice for family car + a bit of fun + quality + bargain price + 3 years "free" service!).

I ordered a week ago, at the time few dealers a dealt with either did not know the Blackline or would not admit to it, but one dealer did and got the order.

Official release for this was 1st Sept (yesterday), as yet I don't have a delivery date, but keen to get everything sorted in Sept as my current p/ex is due TAX/SERVICE/MOT end of Sept.

Any way emailed today and was told they don't have any info yet but may to Monday.

I expect these have all premade and are ready to ship or based in the UK, I can not see them being "refitted" in the UK, too much effort for was is essential a bulk purchase?

I also has reservations about the alloys, but the other extras are well worth it... I wasn't allowed white (as per the Mrs!), blue was too "racy", so I have ordered black... with black wheels I think my card may be marked - LOL... from Ford C-Max to black mean machine.

If I hate them I can always change, and perhaps keep them as reserve with winter tyres.

Does anyone know if its will have Bluetooth? Is the part of the Amundsen Sat Nav - I expect its not, but worth an ask.

Will the music system play from a USB hard disc, or memory stick only?

Any option for "video" in on the Sat Nav/Radio screen - could keep the kids happy when parked

Any news on delivery and I will let you know - I cant wait :)