Dark_Hero's Evil Fabia

Dark_Hero

5 hours ago, Hyphons said:

Blimey! Can't say I was expecting that! Any reason for the change?

No real reason rather than just because I could.

its going to be a little more practical for going on holidays :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, stevobeavo said:

Wow that was a shock. Looks like good sleeper project too. 

Should be when it’s finished :)

just a couple of bits left then it’s ready for the MOT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex_e3 said:

Charlie, do you have a picture of the rear of the honeycomb grille please? Contemplating doing this to mine, but don't want it messy underneath. Cheers!

Yes sure. I’ll admit this isn’t the neatest, but didn’t have enough mesh to completely re-work it

imageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950da5960A1D9-03B1-4274-82A3-BF8259FD3281.thumb.jpeg.8982a9ed25350d8ba966076eb4144e82.jpeg

7457A804-8241-46BE-96BE-16E71FF76785.jpeg

Edited by Dark_Hero

A little test drive around the estate and all seems good

E24E211E-97AF-4DB4-A5A6-C3AD446E0878.thumb.jpeg.ede1ed1f45eb5a6bb9ae2ff1d44b302a.jpeg

AC6F7613-909E-4C1C-A5DF-645F208A55A3.thumb.jpeg.ce1e1a2a9ab99209e29e1f8df221c651.jpeg

D5708BD9-985D-47C9-805C-2E6785DCABF5.thumb.jpeg.fe05d94ab8e94b980d7495aea596d3b2.jpeg

i do do get a bulb out warning, but all of the lights work which is a bit of a mystery and the washer fluid warning comes on. 

Just need to get the MOT booked now

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, alex_e3 said:

Cheers for the pics Charlie. Looks fairly neat from the pics to be honest! Did you have to modify the black plastic backing piece of the grille to fit it in?

Car's looking good!

Thanks Alex.

yes had to cut it back quite a bit to allow the honeycomb to fit, as it's quite thick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Wardy said:

How did it get on?

Badly. The sills have rusted through and holey. Front brakes binding, so only 30% efficient and the exhaust was deemed dangerous. Whilst it’s the same length as the standard estate exhaust, it’s tips didn’t point down.

just finished rectifying everything this evening, so will get it booked back in to have the welding done and re-MOT’d

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dark_Hero said:

Badly. The sills have rusted through and holey. Front brakes binding, so only 30% efficient and the exhaust was deemed dangerous. Whilst it’s the same length as the standard estate exhaust, it’s tips didn’t point down.

just finished rectifying everything this evening, so will get it booked back in to have the welding done and re-MOT’d

Teething troubles, nothing more! Soon be done and on the road

• Like 1

Yep, welding and new MOT booked for Monday. Just getting it patched for now. It was meant to be a cheap project, but the bumpers make it look much better than I thought it would.

so in the future might get complete replacement sills

• Like 2