What have you discovered?

MickA

A great car. A couple of changes I'd suggest would be ability to open passenger window from driver side and warning light to say doors aren't closed. I've neither of these on my 2012 model

A great car. A couple of changes I'd suggest would be ability to open passenger window from driver side and warning light to say doors aren't closed. I've neither of these on my 2012 model

If you use the PID it tells you when doors are open :) as for window switches, could be easily retrofitted, which reminds me..

• 2 weeks later...

Carrying out work on the air blower (dealer warranty job went slighrly ary, no big deal ) can lead to accidentally turnimg off / deactivating all the lights.. and vcds is needed to turn them back on again... not sure how or what hapened to cause it but that was the fix..

Yes modern cars don't use fuel when you are off the accelerator. I find the most efficient way of driving is coasting downhills. There's a technique called pulse and glide that works well on these.

I read that the first time as pulse and grind................I will not share that mental image!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've found that if I touch the brake pedal with my left foot while keeping my foot on the accelerator pedal the computer throttles the power for about a second.

I've found that if I touch the brake pedal with my left foot while keeping my foot on the accelerator pedal the computer throttles the power for about a second.

yeah most fly by wires do that. Even my old octy. Pita if you decide ti learn left foot braking as it you cant really do it properly..

Swmbo has hill hold too. I couldnt figure out for weeks what the quiet but high pitch squeal was when holding it on a slope on the clutch bite..

Edited by mac11irl

yeah most fly by wires do that. Even my old octy. Pita if you decide ti learn left foot braking as it you cant really do it properly..

Swmbo has hill hold too. I couldnt figure out for weeks what the quiet but high pitch squeal was when holding it on a slope on the clutch bite..

I mainly used to do it when someone was tailgating me to scare them with flashing brake lights, can't do that no more.

I'd describe my experience of hill hold would be clutch judder from 1st. More annoying than anything, anyway to disable it?

Got my Monte on Monday and the dealer gave me a (final) guided tour and he was amazed the parcel shelf does now have the string thingies so it closes automatically.

I noticed the slowing of the windscreen wipers when I stop at lights - I'd thought I'd gone mad. I went out without the PID today as I listen to the radio til lunchtime in the week. Last night I was using the mini SD card and this morning it automatically switched to the radio.  :clap:   

What narks me and I can't find out how to sort this - when I get in and before I put in the keys, the dash shows the time. As soon as I put in the keys it changes to the temperature and I have to manually change back to the clock. Any idea how to make the clock show permanently? I know the temperature - I shiver, I'm just right or I'm hot - I just want to know the time without the PID.

That's one of my little gripes about it - they're not show stopping ones - she's a bit shy as she does have any brand/make on the back. The only identification is the logo on the front and back and Monte Carlo on the rear doors just behind the pillars. And I find the dash too dim - can hardly see the clock in daylight.

Got my Monte on Monday and the dealer gave me a (final) guided tour and he was amazed the parcel shelf does now have the string thingies so it closes automatically.

I noticed the slowing of the windscreen wipers when I stop at lights - I'd thought I'd gone mad. I went out without the PID today as I listen to the radio til lunchtime in the week. Last night I was using the mini SD card and this morning it automatically switched to the radio.  :clap:   

What narks me and I can't find out how to sort this - when I get in and before I put in the keys, the dash shows the time. As soon as I put in the keys it changes to the temperature and I have to manually change back to the clock. Any idea how to make the clock show permanently? I know the temperature - I shiver, I'm just right or I'm hot - I just want to know the time without the PID.

That's one of my little gripes about it - they're not show stopping ones - she's a bit shy as she does have any brand/make on the back. The only identification is the logo on the front and back and Monte Carlo on the rear doors just behind the pillars. And I find the dash too dim - can hardly see the clock in daylight.

post up some pics, I'm intrigued to see what the MY16 ones look like

post up some pics, I'm intrigued to see what the MY16 ones look like

Here you go 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cz2mkoxlkuwkfd1/AADrkU7bV9ApNOxbjJArB6mXa?dl=0  White lead on the dash is for my DAB radio. Extra mats added as we're messy! The side on photo is a bit stretched for some reason - taken at an angle as no room to shoot straight on.

• Like 2

If you turn lights on, instrument cluster is illuminated. At night it's a bit to bright for me though.

But I don't need lights on during the day. I find it so dim it's distracting as I'm trying to see it when I'm driving.

• 2 weeks later...

there is a third trip on the dashboard on one of the buttons. I have been using the all time/from start ones on the on board computer and pid for years, then i pressed one of the buttons and found another one reading 20,000 miles plus :)