Fabia Vrs Oil Fix

Just been out to check my oil again.

With the engine stone cold and on flat ground it's just at the top of the hatched area.

I then did a Jabozuma test and the dip is half way up the cross hatch area.

Does this mean I need to fill up some more?

When Stone Cold engine and oil, and the car on the flat. Top the oil so that it i half way between the top of the Crosshatch and the top Orange Blob.

Then with a Hot Check you should have that showing just below the top of  the Crosshatch in area A.

Not filled like this one, this was put out of a Dealership after a new engine was fitted.***

• Like 1

When Stone Cold engine and oil, and the car on the flat. Top the oil so that it i half way between the top of the Crosshatch and the top Orange Blob.

Then with a Hot Check you should have that showing just below the top of  the Crosshatch in area A.

Not filled like this one, this was put out of a Dealership after a new engine was fitted.***

Ok, bearing in mind this is the oil level from the dealer less than a week from my oil consumption test.

George, do you work for Skoda at all?  Just wondered with all the knowledge you have.

After missing each other for 3 days I finally spoke to my case advisorat SUK.  She said that the test results were fine and within tolerance for the engine so I wouldn't be getting my money refunded.  I said that I wasn't happy with the test as I didn't believe it had been carried out correctly.  Stated the oil weight and how much should have been in my engine for the test and she queried if I'd got all this information from the net and if I had then I shouldn't trust any of it and only trust what the technician tells me.  I told her the oil capacity was in the actual handbook but she wasn't really interested.  She's going to contact the garage now to see what they have to say about the test.  In the meantime I have spoken to the dealer and asked for a detailed test report which I'm hoping will contain more that the couple of hand written figures I received at the time.  She also denied that there any problems with the engines in the VRs.

Why do I feel like I'm going to be banging my head against a brick wall?

As someone who fought and won against Skoda.... Twice, you need to keep on at them! I rejected my car after it had 4 new engines in 2 years (they admitted there was a problem) so I'm happy to help you should you wish to do the same. If you are speaking to a woman called Kate.... Request someone else as she has no idea what she's talking about... She offered me an iPod connection by way of an apology for all the inconvenience. My head fell in to my hands as it's comes as standard on the car!

• Like 4

As someone who fought and won against Skoda.... Twice, you need to keep on at them! I rejected my car after it had 4 new engines in 2 years (they admitted there was a problem) so I'm happy to help you should you wish to do the same. If you are speaking to a woman called Kate.... Request someone else as she has no idea what she's talking about... She offered me an iPod connection by way of an apology for all the inconvenience. My head fell in to my hands as it's comes as standard on the car!

Vicky you had 4 engines in 2 years ? And you still drive a skoda fabia vrs ? Wtf ! Have you been certified ?

Vicky you had 4 engines in 2 years ? And you still drive a skoda fabia vrs ? Wtf ! Have you been certified ?

No she has a Monte-read her history. Nightmare.

Hope all is better now Vicky

Yes got the Monte Carlo now but that's had its problems!! Well remembered vrskeith.

If I wasn't saving for a bigger house I'd bin off Skoda altogether and get something else!

Jings - lucky white heather :( .

As well as 'Lucky White Heather',  we have another Scottish Saying,   If you did not have bad luck, you would have no luck!'.

Do you think that any Skoda Dealership used car salesperson will do well this weekend selling Ex Demonstrator vRS to anyone checking online first with a google?

• Like 1

Yes got the Monte Carlo now but that's had its problems!! Well remembered vrskeith.

If I wasn't saving for a bigger house I'd bin off Skoda altogether and get something else!

I wouldn't be disheartened with skoda. I must say the fabia is probably the worst car ive had, The octavia is streets ahead that's why im changing back,  

Ive had new engine, radiator, battery and outer door handles snapped off. Poor, Poor, Poor.

• Like 1

As well as 'Lucky White Heather',  we have another Scottish Saying,   If you did not have bad luck, you would have no luck!'.

Do you think that any Skoda Dealership used car salesperson will do well this weekend selling Ex Demonstrator vRS to anyone checking online first with a google?

Coventry dealer didn't want mine. Gave me such a low part ex value I'd get more writing it off. Making me think should I bother with Skoda next.

Not so good.

I was offered £8550 on a 28,000 mile 2 owner 2010 Hatch,

against buying a New but registered before Friday Renault Clio RS 200T.

But instead i sold it for £8200 without trading it in.

So are you now without a vRS George?! (or did you have two I can't remember)

Not so good.

I was offered £8550 on a 28,000 mile 2 owner 2010 Hatch,

against buying a New but registered before Friday Renault Clio RS 200T.

But instead i sold it for £8200 without trading it in.

Now those are the kinds of figures I was expecting but with me being the only owner, a year younger and an estate I was hoping for nearer £9k. What I may do is try selling private, borrow my parents car some days then buy something else. Even if I pay them to use it or do most of their errands for then I'm still better off.

Furbytom, i would never be without a Twincharger, and after all they are available so cheaply.

(actually right now i do not have one, but too many potholes around to use one.)

So cheap to buy because of some internet myth that they burn oil means Dealers do not want them,

well some dealers that know anything about them.

If selling a car you only need one buyer,

& a well looked after car should sell.

• Like 1

Furbytom, i would never be without a Twincharger, and after all they are available so cheaply.

(actually right now i do not have one, but too many potholes around to use one.)

So cheap to buy because of some internet myth that they burn oil means Dealers do not want them,

well some dealers that know anything about them.

If selling a car you only need one buyer,

& a well looked after car should sell.

Ahhh so you must be on the hunt again! What will you go for this time George? Hatch or an Estate? New or used? Or maybe another VAG twincharger?!

• 3 months later...

This makes interesting reading. When I first spoke to Skoda they told me not to take any notice of what I read on the internet. So everyone on here is telling porkies about their car are they?! I think not!

I agree with the comments above. There isn't currently another car for the same money ('VAT free') that I would want over the vRS.

When I informed Skoda UK on Monday that the oil breather fix hadn't worked I was surprised to get a response implying that the oil breather was working for everyone else. I have just had a quick trawl through the first two pages of this forum. I have counted at least 31 different vRS Mk2 owners reporting high oil usage. Nobody that I can find has said that the oil breather fix has worked for them. Data from these reports as follows : -

10 replacement engines, with another 2 pending.

9 reports of the oil breather fix not having worked.

3 oil breather fixes with results pending

2 cases of piston ring replacement - both failed

2 cars exchanged

Others yet to report any countermeasure.

There are more but I gave up counting.

That interesting stats compared to the current thread running

• Like 1

Hi Big Sheep,

Apparently I had a brand new engine straight off the factory line which would have had the old engine number stamped on to it. To see the engine number requires getting under the gearbox!!!! It sounds very dodgy to me, although I did get it in writing from them that this was the case. The service guy at my local garage has been absolutely fantastic about things and has done everything he can to help. Its a shame Skoda UK haven't been as accomodating as him, as it would have been a lot cheaper to return the car than have all the work done to it. If this oil breather kit doesn't work I will be taking things up with Trading Standards and returning it, which is something I really don't want to do. As for warranty I haven't even discussed that with them. This was my second vrs after owning the original one with no problems so I'm shocked this car has so many problems.

This lady really suffered( A GOOD CASE STUDY) and in the end lost money and replaced her vRS with a Monte Carlo, much to her frustration. The saga still goes on !

• Like 1

That's 18 months old - hardly relevant today.

SORRY, IS AS RELEVANT TODAY AS 18 MONTHS AGO! Or are you reading different threads to me?

End of!

• Like 2

SORRY, IS AS RELEVANT TODAY AS 18 MONTHS AGO! Or are you reading different threads to me?

End of!

The CHTE replaced the earlier CAVE engine in approx. October 2012 new cars. Introduced a number of internal changes to reduce / remove the high oil consumption issues(?) amongst other improvements.

Yeah, right ;)

Edited by vxh26