Tyre Dilemma

Trev.

Basically i had 2 kuhmo ku39's fitted late august time and they are superb, really good grip wet or dry! But it turns out i have done 3500miles since i got them and they are down to 4mm all ready!

This isnt good enough!

So was wondering what good all rounder there are availible?

I dont want to spend over £100 a corner but need good grip and good wear!

Any help appreciated!

considering your location and the time of year, what about a set of winters? I run Good-Year ultragrip 8's in the winter, last well and very very grippy, however mine are 185/60/14 so a bit less per corner than your 16's.

As above, probably not what youre looking for...

KwikFit own brand

Marangoni Zeta Linea

£82 inc fitting

Had them on our vRS and they were very good.

Good grip in wet and dry and are still on the car after 9k with plenty of tread left, even with my wife's lead boots ;)

I suppose the only drawback would be letting them fit them?

You can get Michelin PS3's for less than £100 delivered from camskill. Then pay a local tyre fitter £5-10 per corner to fit them.

Have these on my standard alloys, best all round tyre I have ever owned! Much better than the kumhos on my spiders.

Barum Bravarius 2's, I've ran these over the last 2 years (summers) and have covered 14k on a set, front have 3.8mm left and rears 6.2mm and I can't fault them, I looked at the TyreReview website and they get a better write up than the rainsports. I doubted at first but there made by Continental and have proved themselves in the time I've had them. Cost me £55 a tyre back then. If I remember correctly National were doing good deals on them (I'm sure Grr666 bought them?)

Is this yet another tyre thread for Fab vRS? :wall:

I have and like Unioyal Rainsport 2s on my car. I've just gor 15k miles out of a pair, plus they have 9 mm tread when new. I also liked the Goodyear GSD3 which seamed to last ages and were very good in the wet, however they didn't like the cold one bit!.

You could try winters, you can't get the Goodyear Ultragrip 8s, but you can buy thier GW-3s. They will give very good grip in cold and wintery weather. However if used in summer being very soft, they will wear out very fast, plus it's reconmended you replace them at 4mm.

As above, probably not what youre looking for...

KwikFit own brand

Marangoni Zeta Linea

£82 inc fitting

Had them on our vRS and they were very good.

Good grip in wet and dry and are still on the car after 9k with plenty of tread left, even with my wife's lead boots ;)

I suppose the only drawback would be letting them fit them?

I am in the market for a pair of tyres, these were some that caught my eye, might give them a punt.

If you run 195/45/16 you can get proxie t1rs for 50 quid a corner. I just moved to pilot sports and their more than worth the money, 40mph, roundabouts and the wet equals phenominal grip! Dont think ill be using a different tyre now!

VRS's do seem to munch through front tyres anyway. It does seem though that budget tyres usually equals less grip which means they last longer, if that's all you're worried about then fine but I'd rather go for something in the middle. Goodyear Eagle F1's are good all rounders at a reasonable price.

Tyre reviews is a good place to check tyre performance before you buy, just type the make of tyre into the search bar. The Maxxis tyres I recommended are rated quite highly. :)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Marangoni/Zetalinea.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Maxxis/MA-Z1-Victra.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Maxxis/MA-Z4S-Victra.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport-2.htm