Castle Combe Spring Acton Day 2013! 27/04/13! Tracktime & Clubstand

devonutopia

I took my camera but as I was out with the mad crowd on track my nerves were shot when I got out of the car, so no pics were taken.

I'm a bit miffed that happened, but aiming to sort for next time. Both by ensuring castle combe know, and ensuring all members know not to just go up of their own accord. Follow my lead! :D

Not a criticism Jase, the session certainly kept me on my toes and I tried my best to keep up and keep out the way of the uber fast cars!

Fabia is at home now and will be having new pads and discs asap, also changing the brake fluids as they went off badly on the last lap.

Bring on how fast, can't wait. I will have yellow stuff pads in for that event.

Thanks mate, i'll try a practice :)

As James said, I took this on full manual with a shutter speed of 1/160 second and setting the ISO to 200. You need to pan to get your shot and then squeeze the shutter :) Just keep on experimenting.

Just glad there was not one of these on track with us, even if it is a VAG diesel :rofl:

post-69271-0-11582900-1367100324_thumb.jpg

A big thumbs up from the Pasty's today.

Was great to catch up with old faces and put faces and people to the cars we all know.

Really enjoyed the track session car may be old and bruised and pretty smoky but it still goes like stink (relatively speaking:))

Mrs Pasty has captured pictures of everyone from a few different points and photobucket is currently doing it's thing.

Track session video from my "roof cam" is having the YouTube treatment for a second time after the first 3 hour attempt "was not successful"!

shall post more tomorrow

was a great day and looking forward to the mega meet and seeing everyone again in September.

Anybody from those who featured on track fancy joining us at Bedford in June - Briskoda How Fast Event ;)

• Like 3

IMG_0237_zps82047059.jpg

IMG_0213_zps07d20052.jpg

IMG_0134_zpsf743d953.jpg

IMG_0103_zpse24202e5.jpg

IMG_0075_zpsdc61dca7.jpg

IMG_9941_zps6fb2b26c.jpg

IMG_9991_zpsf9379986.jpg

As the norm sorry if I've missed anyone just let me know and i'll see what i can dig out.

Any requests for full versions just drop me a PM

Video to follow tomorrow

• Like 4

I'll send you some requests for pics pasty! Thanks :) thanks for the other pics too... Still at the campsite, but will be on my computer tomorow checking pics and vids..... Great day, thanks to jase as usual ;) and nice to meet James and jerry, faces to names! And all the other new ones, and of course all the old faces :) loved the gtr, but am still more looking forward to the citygo Richard ;) see you all soon!

• Like 2

Been back a few hours now. Decent day apart from our sessions getting split up and us having to mix it with Evo's, RX7's, track spec 205's. I'll start uploading the footage to Youtube now. Apart from that it was a good day. Nice to see everyone again

Yes i was gonna run the blue 205 cj off the track..... not cricket.

Had a Blast. thanks to Lloyd for extra ballast. lol. Good to meet some new faces an old too. Rich - I would like to call shotgun on the City go go in Sept Please. coul do with a few pointers. for a couple of the corners. Might just be because I am an estate :giggle: .

Jase - awesome day as usual :dance: :dance: . morning session next time? or before 2 as it seems to get silly after 13:00. lol.

I have a speed freak for a son at 4 (well next saturday) :rock: . All he wants to do is watch the cars. :sun:

• Like 1

Didn't realise it was a modified Type-R I was holding off. Considering I'm completely stock, tyre tread wasn't great and I had brake fade towards the end I'm happy with that. Everything that passed me had more power

Dont think he liked the fact he got passed by an estate though. ha ha ha. jap rice crackers.

• Like 2

Here is my in car footage of session 1, you will see at about 5 mins 30 the first of the serious cars howls past, then keep watching as the Focus RS or ST (I don't know what it was except it was white) over took and then braked hard into the chicane, as my brakes were going off he nearly had me in his boot.

Then the CJ Pug goes howling past in the no overtaking area, what are these people all about?

Apart from that I enjoyed my day and the track session, hope to see you all again.

• Like 1

Enjoyed today, will give myself a push to get on track next time.

First time shooting any moving vehicles so could do with some improvement, will give the panning a go next time :thumbup:

JC

Nice pics, thanks for taking them.

When you try next time also go for shutter priority no greater than 1/250 second, this way you will get the car in focus but the wheels and background will look blurred giving the impression of speed.

This was the advice I was given and enabled me to take shots like the one i posted in 1029 above.

Happy snapping

• Like 1

Here is my in car footage of session 1, you will see at about 5 mins 30 the first of the serious cars howls past, then keep watching as the Focus RS or ST (I don't know what it was except it was white) over took and then braked hard into the chicane, as my brakes were going off he nearly had me in his boot.

Then the CJ Pug goes howling past in the no overtaking area, what are these people all about?

Apart from that I enjoyed my day and the track session, hope to see you all again.

Thanks James, nice footage and I now know how I should drive my car!

Lessons identified:

1. Grow a bigger set of balls

2. Learn to put your foot down

3. Learn to late brake

4. Do as Jason says next time and follow his lead

5. Get some lessons

6. Do not be in awe of the wide expanse that is a race track

7. Do not go out last when there is much faster machinery out there, remember they will be at least half way round before you exit the pit lane.

Still had a great day out. Really good to be put faces to names that I have been chatting too for the last two years.

Special thanks must go to Jason for doing all the admin for the day, nice one!

For the guys camping again last night (Dave, Ash + others) hope it wasn't to cold for you.

• Like 1

I have been to Pembrey to watch racing, there are a few adverse camber sections and a few rises too so you can't see where the braking points are. We walked the circuit the night before and made heaps out of cut grass where the brake points were for my mate who races historic cars.

This was the same weekend John Jarvis put a Porsche 928 straight into Honda Curve, he was flat out along Speedway/woodlands, go to the braking point and the pedal went to the floor the car with him in it went straight into the bank of tyres and grass.

Thanks for yesterday - the track session was great fun (as always at Combe!)

I got on the first 1/2 Brisky session as I was on another stand and saw a load of Skodas coming my way so thought it was time to go... I personally think it was just down to bad marshalling!

I will have 2 in car videos ready shortly... One from the 11am session and one from the first Brisky session at 2.15pm

Thanks for yesterday - the track session was great fun (as always at Combe!)

I got on the first 1/2 Brisky session as I was on another stand and saw a load of Skodas coming my way so thought it was time to go... I personally think it was just down to bad marshalling!

I will have 2 in car videos ready shortly... One from the 11am session and one from the first Brisky session at 2.15pm

I know you now, race blue Octy, WR06, I let you out into the queue and then chased you around for the full session.

I'm thinking of giving some tracks near me a go. Llandow and Pembrey are almost on my doorstep.

llandows great fun and cheap-£80 for a full day-theres some incar vids from my fabia on youtube

Had fab day yesterday big thanks to all involved in organising it,will try to get my vids on youtube over the next few days

• Like 1

Thanks again to Jason for organising.

Next time, I will follow the lead. Was rather miffed at going out in the earlier group combined with a bunch of nutters (both power-wise and track-etiquette-wise!). The less said about some behaviour the better.

So moving on, a few from me :)

Now either I really need to brush up on my track day photo technique, or our bunch of Skodas are faster than you think :rofl: but I just couldn't get my anticipation right. Half of them have half a bonnet missing!

Anyway, here are a few. Some of them are heavily cropped, but I can provide full resolutions of any photos should anyone want them. Just drop me a PM.

Must do more track days taking photos...

From the morning sessions...

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_03-L.jpg

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_08-L.jpg

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_09-L.jpg

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_11-L.jpg

Drifting...

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_27-L.jpg

Then this was the result of the huge BMW / Clio crash

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_31-L.jpg

On the plus side of going out early, I was back and able to take a few photos of the "proper" session. Unfortunately, I didn't run fast enough to get to a better vantage point so they're all shooting into the sun... I'll organise myself better next time!

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_44-L.jpg

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_46-L.jpg

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_55-L.jpg

130427_Briskoda-CastleCombe_56-L.jpg

To see the others, click on any photo then the close button or just go here.

• Like 2