Glad you didn't buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee?

freedie

I tried to search for the yeti test video but the best I could find was that it was tested at a speed of 69kmh.

The website doesn't say pass or fail so I presume the speed given indicates what it passed the test at?

My step ladder (never got on with my real ladder) I use to get into the loft is more stable than that. If I was the passenger I'd surely be sitting 1/2 higher and exhibiting a slight punge and effluvium after such a drive.

Edited by Hairball
  • Like 1

I always like watching tests like this one that tests 4wd systems.

However I have a strange feeling from the username of that it might be a little biased.

I always like watching tests like this one that tests 4wd systems.

I don't think it's an issue with the type of four wheel drive system used, more the esp software needing a bit of a rewrite. It's a real shame as I'm actually quite a fan of the Grand (I just don't think anything comes close in terms of value for money and all round ability).

I've driven a couple pretty hard (and my version of 'pretty hard' is probably equal to most people's 'extreme'!) and although I've felt they can feel a little top heavy when really pushing on it never felt out of control, just more lean the harder it went in. I do wonder if the one in the vid had the air suspension fitted as I've felt the metal sprung version feels more planted. Then again, my ones weren't almost fully loaded weight wise. Lets hope Fiat get this sorted ASAP.

Let's hope the Yeti did better than the Superb in the moose test

Personally I believe the problem in these tests is the large alloys wheels. Both on the Jeep and the Superb.

The Superb shown is running on 18" rims. Nothing that big is available on the Yeti.

Heavy car + not much sidewall to flex = not a good combination IMO.

• Like 1