Bye bye Octavia.

rob_e

Yes, my 2010 Candy White Octavia vRS wagon is going.. :(

.. but my new car arrived today. It's a 2012 Candy White Octavia vRS wagon :)

Only some crappy bb pics so far, but here goes:

Old and new side by side

8283421477_d042313dea_c.jpg

The new car has the black carbon effect trim on the dash - the old car had brushed metal effect.

8283421617_c36749356b_z.jpg

8283422421_24eefbbd9f_c.jpg

8283421987_c4655157e6_z.jpg

Also got these delivered today:

8283422917_88d588c2db_c.jpg

I've also ordered the surround for my columbus so I can get that fitted later this week.

:)

Edited by rob_e
  • Like 3

Yes, my 2010 Candy White Octavia vRS wagon is going.. :(

.. but my new car arrived today. It's a 2012 Candy White Octavia vRS wagon :)

Wagon? In the UK? You mean estate, or is estate a dirty word!?

vRS Sport Brake sounds much better!

Looks good, and with the changes on the interior gives you that new car feel with the small changes that give a big impact :)

Will be watching the PH blog for the updates on how you get on.

thanks for the positive comments :)

I've had the car for 24 hours now, so a quick update;

2010 vs. 2012 - not much changes but there are a few subtle differences;

- Bolero firmware is much improved, quicker scroll and it returns to whatever folder you were in now after re-starting the car where the "old" device seemed to always revert to the "start" directory. TBH it should have been this way from the start!

- In the 2012 car you need to put your foot on the clutch to start.

- Maxidot menu structure slightly different (haven't run them side by side but it looks to have changed based on my recollection).

- Shorter aerial mast, new shape (Superb sourced) gear knob and black dash trim obviously.. I think that's just about it?

How it feels vs. "my" 2010 vRS:

- Suspension, like its on stilts! Will be fixed shortly with the bilsteins. Makes a very noticable difference to the way the car goes around corners (centre of gravity thing coupled with stiffer damping on my old weitecs). The OE suspended car feels like its trying to pummel the road in to submission (stiff springs) but then also manages to float when you hit a rise at speed - the weitecs feel more like they're trying to flow with the road (they may even have softer spring rate than oe?) but the damping is more controlled - you don't get ANY of that floaty feeling, ever!

- Seats: you only realise how much the seat cusion compresses over 86k miles of my fat arse when you sit on a plump new cusion - it feels like i'm an inch higher up!

- Gear change; The old car had the TTS shifter which makes for a reduced throw front/back. I really notice the difference. Fitting the tts shifter on the new car is going to be high on the list.

Some minor mods done already;

- matt black mirror caps (however I think on this one I may eventually go for a gloss black?)

- oem sharan stubby aerial

- debadged the "octavia" script from the rear.

- oem 18" GTI space saver spare (takes up less room and weighs less than the skoda item).

Fiscon (and hopefully Columbus) going in on Friday.

:)

Edited by rob_e

I am presuming you are a company car driver hence why changing so soon? Either that or your just a flash git. :happy:

My car is exactly the same from the outside although mine seems to be a different shade of white. I didnt realise that dark seats were an option. Is it a free option?

• Like 1

I am presuming you are a company car driver hence why changing so soon? Either that or your just a flash git. :happy:

My car is exactly the same from the outside although mine seems to be a different shade of white. I didnt realise that dark seats were an option. Is it a free option?

:giggle:

Flash git? moi? No, if I was a flash git I'd be in a de-badged 318d running some blingy wheels. ;-)

The seats were a £100 factory option "Alcantara vRS Sports Upholstery".

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Guess whats just come up for sale at a garage near me? Thought I recognised it off here and if it was a grand or so less I'd got and take a look but £9700 with 86k on the clock? ;)

ha ha.. I thought it might pop up somewhere.

that price is a bit steep tbh - i could have bought it for 6 and a bit but I declined (skint) however it does still have a lovely set of weitec coilovers, tts shifter and knob and a few other little bits and bobs fitted. The big win for whoever buys that car though is the new engine that was fitted only 10k miles ago.

:happy:

Oem gti 18" space saver? Do tell more including part nos.

BTW new car looks awesome.

cheers.

don't have a part number for the gti spare I'm afraid - there are normally a few on ebay every now and then - it's an OE part from a mk5 gti, fits the octavia wheel well no problem, weighs less than the skoda 16" steel spare and leaves you a bit of room under the boot floor on top of the spare to store stuff out of sight - win win really, however you need to be careful putting heavy stuff in the boot as there is less support to the boot floor with the skinny spare in there.

IIRC its 18", limited to 50mph but that's all you need to get you home as i have a full size set of spares in the garage (winters).

Edit: there's on here on a well known auction site: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/seat-leon-fr-18-inch-spare-wheel-and-tool-kit-fits-audi-golf-/271176269057?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item3f235d7d01

;-)

Edited by rob_e