How Fast are Briskoda #3 - 1st June

PastyBoy

Guys, does the car have to be road legal for this ? I would love to dig my 1600 Fabia rally car out for a play it has MOT but it has no tax, and would be running moulded slicks (legal for rallying and kinda road legal).

bit of a treck from here but not the end of the world really.

If there is space left still etc anyway.

cheers.

Dave is Ash coming with you??

yeas Ash is comming down with me, don't know what the actual plan is though because I don't think there is spectator availability at bedford autodrome.... we are staying at pete and Liannes (or gillywibbles! lol..) have no idea exactly whats happenng on the day, whether the "swmbo's" are comming to watch or not! :sweat:

Guys, does the car have to be road legal for this ? I would love to dig my 1600 Fabia rally car out for a play it has MOT but it has no tax, and would be running moulded slicks (legal for rallying and kinda road legal).

bit of a treck from here but not the end of the world really.

If there is space left still etc anyway.

cheers.

Ive never had a car checked for servicability, nor seen anyone being checked personally, so provided its servicable and you trailer it there, i dont see why not. I guess thats down to individual organisers though.

That said, in my experience, they dont let people use slicks unless running a cage, but i guess since its an old rally car, it will have a cage.

Yes it is fully caged etc ready to rally really but I can't afford to do any at the moment. this would be a good test day for it more than anything, Not complete slicks they have 17% tread area to be legal lol.

yeas Ash is comming down with me, don't know what the actual plan is though because I don't think there is spectator availability at bedford autodrome.... we are staying at pete and Liannes (or gillywibbles! lol..) have no idea exactly whats happenng on the day, whether the "swmbo's" are comming to watch or not! :sweat:

There's a sort of cafe/tables setup area next door to the pit garages which I am sure they can sit in, or stand on the pit wall. :)

After driving my car again tonight, I won't be missing this. Sure I might be a bit anti-social with the smoke but I cannot NOT have another crack at How Fast? in my car.

• Like 2

Yes it is fully caged etc ready to rally really but I can't afford to do any at the moment. this would be a good test day for it more than anything, Not complete slicks they have 17% tread area to be legal lol.

Last time there we had a Pug rally car ( no headlights) and some track only Radical upturned bathtub things.

So I'd say you'll be fine.

Just call MSV and check. :)

I was told at Oulton Park that as long as a valid MOT could be produced for the car it would be allowed on track. As said above give them a call and get booked in.

Hi All,

Well today iv been busy getting the car sorted for next weekend as I'm working away most of the week and won't have time.

All the levels checked.

Tyre pressures checked.

Wheels bolts torqued correctly.

Brakes been taking apart cleaned and re-fitted.

Removed the rear seats.

Just incase anyone forgets my name iv put side names stickers on! Just for fun!.

Car is going in Tuesday for the Gearbox Oil Changed / Brake Fluid Changed and suspension alignment checked.

I hope the weather is like this next Saturday! Will be a great day!

image_zps83c7f122.jpg

image_zpsb5b6e714.jpg

Craig

All the levels checked.

Tyre pressures checked.

Wheels bolts torqued correctly.

Brakes been taking apart cleaned and re-fitted.

Removed the rear seats.

Just incase anyone forgets my name iv put side names stickers on! Just for fun!.

Car is going in Tuesday for the Gearbox Oil Changed / Brake Fluid Changed and suspension alignment checked.

Is that all? :)

Man, I'm just turning up and hoping the car doesn't break :D

Looks like now I will be on my old brakes too, so will not have the sort of stopping power I was hoping! :( Should be adequate and will still be good fun for sure!

• Like 3

Man, I'm just turning up and hoping the car doesn't break :D

Looks like now I will be on my old brakes too, so will not have the sort of stopping power I was hoping! :( Should be adequate and will still be good fun for sure!

Put some smaller discs on, Jase, you'll stop quicker :)

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just found out today i have to be in Aberdeen next Tuedsay/Wednesday & Thursday.

So thats around a 240 mile drive up to aberdeen, then a 240 mile drive back on friday morning to pick my car up then drive around 230 miles to bedford!! Mmmm im tired thinking about that ha ha...

Craig...

Man Up. LOL

I do 300-500 miles a day as I am a driver for a living. Coffee, and Caffeine related products work well.

Monday I drove from Andover to Newport, Wales, Then from Newport to Plymouth, then from Plymouth to Andover. So I can relate to the driving part, it can be hard.... I think i covered 1500 miles in 5 days week before last. Large chunk of it at 56mph. lol gets soo boring.

Could always get your dad to drive to Bedford for you and you could kip on way ????

are you stripping your car out at all? - Spotted the pics and the next bit after. D'oh! :rofl:

Nope, I'm afraid I turning up in road guise, and racing in road guise :D Not bringing my track wheels any more regardless, as I have sold on my trackday at Combe on the Monday after.

I am out, decided there is a bit too much left to do on my fab rally car to be able to definatly put the money upfront.

have a good day guys and play nice!!

Brimma,

Today I finished of the harness!

Craig

FFS

I think I'm putting 15 layers of high-performance padding round my car

It's looking more like a round of the BTCC than a sociable track day

:(

I will just be turning up in a new car! :o 700 miles so far........

Just what it needs to settle everything in, get it stinking hot and it will be a good'un :rock: A track day cured the majority of the issues we had with ours, see you there.

I will have my boy in tow, recently passed his test so he can tell me where I am going wrong :drunk:

• Like 2

Just what it needs to settle everything in, get it stinking hot and it will be a good'un :rock: A track day cured the majority of the issues we had with ours, see you there.

I will have my boy in tow, recently passed his test so he can tell me where I am going wrong :drunk:

That's going to be fun-him with test fresh knowledge of how to do thing correctly ;).

There's nothing better than getting your motor heat cycled on the track!