Skoda Octavia VRS WRC Opinion.

Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a new car in the coming weeks and the Octavia is top on my list of cars to buy as im replacing my VW Golf GTI and my Passat Bluemotion with one car that has decent performance and still decent on the MPG.

My local Skoda garage are offering me a decent deal on my two cars (for trade price anyway) and get me into their Octavia VRS WRC model, please see a link below.

http://www.winchesterskoda.co.uk/used-cars/811/skoda-octavia

Its fully kitted out with 11k on the clock, but for £22k I thought I would get another opinion on it from this forum before I go for it.

I love the body kit on it and the colour so its just to see if its worth the money really.

Cheers.

Phil

It's difficult to put a "Vs new" price on the car because obviously you cannot order one of these brand new.

It's well specified, Columbus, Full Leather, Xenon's and the rear parking sensors. 11k miles on the clock, I'm assuming ex-demo or ex-Skoda Fleet?

Green colour is very much a personal choice in my opinion. Personally I feel there is "too much car" on the Octavia for green to work whereas on the Fabia it's perfect. But that's just my opinion and obviously not yours if you are considering it.

Are you going to be offered the full 3yr warranty as part of the deal?

It's the diesel which again you obviously want and tend to be more expensive than the petrol alternative.

I don't know what to say about the price. The car I have listed in my signature was purchased in April 2011 and cost me more or less £20k on the nose, so as this is the diesel version I'd say this is the price I'd have paid for a brand new one at the same time. So from all that I think the price is around what you would pay for a new one...if a new one was still available.

Possibly see if the dealer is willing to go to around £20k?

Edited by Stoofa

Thanks Stoofa,

Yes your right it is ex demo, and for many I understand the colour choice isn't everyone's cup of tea but for me I like to stand out in the crowd as you can see from my avatar my current car.

I will probably go for the 3 years warranty but I need to see what options they are giving me on the part exchanges and see about the price I do feel as this is a very limited version then they have upped the price a few thousand.

I know it is a little more as it is a diesel but I do drive a fair few miles so would be worth every penny in the long run but it is also DSG that isnt my first choice but if anyone has an opinion on this then I would love to hear from them.

Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a new car in the coming weeks and the Octavia is top on my list of cars to buy as im replacing my VW Golf GTI and my Passat Bluemotion with one car that has decent performance and still decent on the MPG.

My local Skoda garage are offering me a decent deal on my two cars (for trade price anyway) and get me into their Octavia VRS WRC model, please see a link below.

http://www.winchesterskoda.co.uk/used-cars/811/skoda-octavia

Its fully kitted out with 11k on the clock, but for £22k I thought I would get another opinion on it from this forum before I go for it.

I love the body kit on it and the colour so its just to see if its worth the money really.

Cheers.

Phil

Hmmm everybody has their thing but personally I think the body kit and wheels are a bit OTT, think the car looks sporty enough as standard in the right colour; the black neptunes also make the standard car look that bit meaner too.

I also think regardless of the spec that 22k is way too much money for a 12 plate car with 11.5k on the clock.

My local dealer just sold a 12 plate TSi hatch, same colour, black wheels, columbus, bluetooth, xenons, light assist, rear PDC, less miles too for 16.5k.....v nearly bought it but wife could not stand the colour.

Hmmm everybody has their thing but personally I think the body kit and wheels are a bit OTT, think the car looks sporty enough as standard in the right colour; the black neptunes also make the standard car look that bit meaner too.

I also think regardless of the spec that 22k is way too much money for a 12 plate car with 11.5k on the clock.

My local dealer just sold a 12 plate TSi hatch, same colour, black wheels, columbus, bluetooth, xenons, light assist, rear PDC, less miles too for 16.5k.....v nearly bought it but wife could not stand the colour.

Ah...noticed its a CR.....still too expensive though. I wouldnt want to pay more than 18/19k for it personally.

That's a lot of money IMO.

That looks to me to be a standard car but with some aftermarket wheels, superskoda front splitter and diffuser with the mirror caps painted black. Granted, that one has leather, dsg, parking bleeps, spare wheel and columbus which are good options but still..

Also just to put the pricing really into perspective....just paid 19k for a brand new Blackline CR DSG estate, approx 25.5k worth of car if you take the base list price plus the approx. 2k of free options fitted.

In the end it worked out cheaper for me (mainly due to the better solutions finance rate and better future resale) to buy this over a 17k used car.

That looks to me to be a standard car but with some aftermarket wheels, superskoda front splitter and diffuser with the mirror caps painted black. Granted, that one has leather, dsg, parking bleeps, spare wheel and columbus which are good options but still..

yeh 22k is ridic!!!!

For 22k i could buy a whole load of better car.

Asking to much.

Cheers for the quick reply's guys,

I need to take a look at the pricing for the car, I still have some outstanding finance on one of my cars that as I have racked up the miles on so has devalued it a huge amount but they said they would offset this against the price of the car.

I will take a test drive and see what its like. other options are to get a normal VRS and see how i get on with that or look at alternatives such as mondeos, passat's or a4's etc.

Would it also be worth waiting for the new mk3 if planning on spending this much money?

Agree with the previous posts, this appears to be expensive. I think the whole green thing might be a problem - yes you like it but more common colours are white, blue, red etc etc and come tradein time the dealers *may* throw this at you to reduce the price.

I would also be concerned about the 'extras' what is and is not standard factory fit - any insurance claim might be put in doubt if stuff is not as per the brochure. But maybe that is just me.

I am doing the same as pipsyp and have ordered a white blackline estate for £18.7k. I think to get an equivalent hatchback price less £800 less an amount for being second hand/age.

This might be a bit of a marmite car - but if you like it that is all that matters.

Cheers.

PS Factory extras add no value so dont pay more than a normal factory car.

Edited by BA Baracus

Agree with the previous posts, this appears to be expensive. I think the whole green thing might be a problem - yes you like it but more common colours are white, blue, red etc etc and come tradein time the dealers *may* throw this at you to reduce the price.

I would also be concerned about the 'extras' what is and is not standard factory fit - any insurance claim might be put in doubt if stuff is not as per the brochure. But maybe that is just me.

I am doing the same as pipsyp and have ordered a white blackline estate for £18.7k. I think to get an equivalent hatchback price less £800 less an amount for being second hand/age.

This might be a bit of a marmite car - but if you like it that is all that matters.

Cheers.

PS Factory extras add no value so dont pay more than a normal factory car.

BA Blackline deal almost too good to be true hey?!

• Like 1

West End Skoda in Edinburgh have one which looks very similar, for a lot less money:

http://simplystock.co.uk/80D0DD26-AEFC-4DB4-83F3-C309E2F4BAC4/DesktopBrowser/se_gr_ve_vi/602611389-754869-Vehicle.aspx?srcmdc=se_gr_re_

granted, it might not have the same toys, but still....

Waaay too much money IMHO. DM Keith at Wakefield have a 12 plate, 8K miles, standard DSG in the green for £15950 and I reckon you'd get it for less than that.

I test drove the car to see if I got on with the DSG (I didn't!!) and the salesman was bemoaning the fact that they had made a huge mistake in ordering the car as a demo in the green because it would only sell to somoeone who is colour blind - his words not mine!!!

Personally, I don't mind the colour especially with the black wheels but as BA Baracus says above, you may get stung come trade in time due to the unpopular colour.

Whatever you decide to do, you wont be disappointed with the car!!!

Edited by brookes745

The car is over priced by at least £5000. Great cars though, and I like the green - wouldn't have it myself but if I did see that out and about it would definately get my attention. The car looks fairly standard to me. You must be able to get a much better deal elsewhere.

What he said

• Like 1

What's the WRC about, is the dealer telling him that the car is some kind of special model. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, a modified car from the dealers, just wait till you try a warranty claim ( sorry no warranty the car is modified ) I don't think for one minute that's been a demo car.

That car is the Managers ex car, he has tarted up a few with this body kit (one white hatch, one white estate and this one). The last time I saw it was up for £21k not £22k.

Who are you dealing with there?

As for the WSRC bit it stands for "Winchester Skoda Rally Concept" - Not for me at all but each to their own. I think it would have looked better without that chin spoiler and the black Neptune wheels as opposed to the team dynamics it does have.

Phil i know you like your bright colors, so had a poke around

Found a yellow 2009(59) mk2 octavia vrs tfsi (petrol) with more extras than mine with 17500 miles on it for £11k its at parkview scoda in our part of the world :D

http://www.autotrade...303gu?logcode=p

but suppose its down to what u want and how much your willing to spend mate.

Sparshatts have also got a 12 plate green octavia same spec as your looking at with only 3k miles on it for 17k

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201226476629754/original-id/201212074545389/associated-ids/201238485324446%2C201212114582185%2C201212124595077%2C201226476629754%2C201212124595100/usedcars/postcode/so303gu?logcode=a

Edited by Craigt191

Take a look at drivethedeal.com, you can spec up a new one how you'd like it and then see how cheap a dealer would do that spec for you.

Heated leather and front parking sensors add about £2k to a standard vRS, so about £24k new, but there's some deals to be had.

As mentioned by IMT it is now impossible to factory order a new vRS, or any MK2 Octavia for that matter. All you can pick from is the shrinking supply of cars in dealer stock. The factories are now being prepared for the Octavia MK3, later this year.