Snow foamed the yeti this afternoon

Yetigreenline2

Not washed the yeti in four months so thought it was time to give the car a good going over so splashed out on a snow foam lance and some magifoam from autobrite and blasted the car with it

Yeti before the coating

52064883aca52eb42ba9a20c7b9c61d1.jpg

Snowfoam applied and left to cling for 15 mins

4e24dab9023acd926438f3cbdc3253ed.jpg

08773093de018c3eee55f98283dc06a3.jpg

Dirt leaving the car and dripping to the floor without scratching the paintwork

31ea9a7ccdcbeaeb2967c48db85902d5.jpg

9a7c23da4de80e5a15e371affcde8d50.jpg

And the car after I actually just use the foam as its suppose to be used as a per wash I then used my turtle wax soap in the foam lance to apply it to the car.

c4d2ba91ee7c50074bd687acac19d706.jpg

Then to finish gave it a full wax over all lovely and shiny now just have to less lazy with the washing intervals.

Edited by Yetigreenline2
  • Like 1

I have used an ebay sourced snow foam....but I usually have to help the foam with a mitt ( I never use a sponge) .Does Autobrite really do the business on its own?

Over to the floor of experts....

Not washed the yeti in four months so thought it was time to give the car a good going over so splashed out on a snow foam lance and some magifoam from autobrite and blasted the car with it

Yeti before the coating

52064883aca52eb42ba9a20c7b9c61d1.jpg

Snowfoam applied and left to cling for 15 mins

4e24dab9023acd926438f3cbdc3253ed.jpg

08773093de018c3eee55f98283dc06a3.jpg

Dirt leaving the car and dripping to the floor without scratching the paintwork

31ea9a7ccdcbeaeb2967c48db85902d5.jpg

9a7c23da4de80e5a15e371affcde8d50.jpg

And the car after I actually just use the foam as its suppose to be used as a per wash I then used my turtle wax soap in the foam lance to apply it to the car.

c4d2ba91ee7c50074bd687acac19d706.jpg

Then to finish gave it a full wax over all lovely and shiny now just have to less lazy with the washing intervals.

Ooh this is interesting what's the lance and pressure washer you used? I want to buy one but I'd love a recommendation.

My yeti had a wash today after about 2 mouths of neglect :o :think: :wait: , £7 invested in my local foreign hand car wash system worked a treat B) .

I have thought about the snow foam, but looking at your drive reminds me to much of the white stuff that's just thawed off down here, so I can start working again and earning :rofl: .

Yours Looks good though, just need the time and energy and :sun: to wash and polish mine properly now.

• Like 1

I decided I had to do something with mine today when I could'nt see with the low sun blinding me.

Using the same stuff as for washing my dirt bikes (Muck Junkie) it has come up very well :thumbup:

Well got mine as i saw that the detailingworld forum had these deals going on

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=206996

And bought magifoam with the lance as its suppose to be a lot better than superfoam.

I use a small karcher pressure washer that gives me 100bar of pressure so not that a powerful washer some people recommend a lot more powerful washer but I find this one coped fine.

26a9c52e33525146e7739f1f0fd6e12d.jpg

I used about 7 1/2 cm's of magifoam in the supplied bottle and filled the rest with warm water

f76fbf2a37410097d3b05d8fbc15efc3.jpg

Also I had the mixture knob turned all the way to the strongest foam setting this gave me foam of about 20mins + cling which is the sort of foam you want.

As it should be still on when you come to wash it off.

807bdc86d5fecc51832b40cd80eb5b1b.jpg

I wash off at 10-15 mins as it is recommended that you don't leave the foam on the car for too long.

As the foam solution can start stripping off any wax protection you may have previously put on the car.

Because the car was so dirty I used a turtlewax wash after the foam to make sure all the dirt was off the car before doing my waxing but from the results I saw after the foam if you used the snow foam just as a quick wash every couple of weeks on standard road muck I reckon It would pretty much shift all the dirt off of the car.

So then you would have truly a touch free wash system.

• Like 1

I have used an ebay sourced snow foam....but I usually have to help the foam with a mitt ( I never use a sponge) .Does Autobrite really do the business on its own?

Over to the floor of experts....

I reckon the first time probably needs a wash after it but if you do regular snow foams after I reckon it should do the Job without touching with a brush or a mitt.

And after watching a segment on fifth gear on a professional detailer who said you only need to wax your car every six months I reckon I'll just stick to the foam.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=206996

And bought magifoam with the lance as its suppose to be a lot better than superfoam.

I use a small karcher pressure washer that gives me 100bar of pressure so not that a powerful washer some people recommend a lot more powerful washer but I find this one coped fine.

I used about 7 1/2 cm's of magifoam in the supplied bottle and filled the rest with warm water

Also I had the mixture knob turned all the way to the strongest foam setting this gave me foam of about 20mins + cling which is the sort of foam you want.

I wash off at 10-15 mins as it is recommended that you don't leave the foam on the car for too long.

As the foam solution can start stripping off any wax protection you may have previously put on the car.

Because the car was so dirty I used a turtlewax wash after the foam to make sure all the dirt was off the car before doing my waxing but from the results I saw after the foam if you used the snow foam just as a quick wash every couple of weeks on standard road muck I reckon It would pretty much shift all the dirt off of the car.

Thanks for taking the time to upload pics and for the recommendation, I'll go have a search online now.

As it was lashing down with sleet all day i just left the yeti out in that. Doesn't seem to have worked as well as snow foam though :mellow:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.detailing...ad.php?t=206996

I must take you up on a couple of points here:

1. Magifoam is pH neutral, so isnt going to strip of your wax

2. There is no such thing as a touchless wash...Always follow up the snow foam with a rinse and then a wash with a regular shampoo with MF mitt or pad

Snow foams only remove larger grit particles..They still leave a film of dirt behind

• Like 2

I must take you up on a couple of points here:

1. Magifoam is pH neutral, so isnt going to strip of your wax

2. There is no such thing as a touchless wash...Always follow up the snow foam with a rinse and then a wash with a regular shampoo with MF mitt or pad

Snow foams only remove larger grit particles..They still leave a film of dirt behind

+1

I would also say cut down on the amount of magifoam you are using, I find 1” in the bottle is still too much, I experimented today with the mixture and have now settled for ¾” in the bottle, topped off with warm water. (granted my pressure washer is 130 bar)

+1

I would also say cut down on the amount of magifoam you are using, I find 1” in the bottle is still too much, I experimented today with the mixture and have now settled for ¾” in the bottle, topped off with warm water. (granted my pressure washer is 130 bar)

Tried with 1 inch of foam and rest wam water but the solution was too weak for me probably due to having a lower pressure washer and probably the type of water down with me as well.

When I do the firefighting training on the boats I work on the quality of the AFFF foam depends on the power of the fire pump on board the boat as this can have a massive effect on the quality and usefulness of the foam from the inductor.

I was going to wash mine, but with the promised heavy rain today and a 180 mile journey up to Nottingham there doesn't seem to be any point.

What would this magic foam stuff (never heard of it before) be like on my lifeshire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I've just been cleaning the juke this morning, getting some practice in for my new yeti.

Snowfoamed with magifoam and autobrite lance using new nilfisk pressure washer.

Rinsed well, dried with squeegee blade thingy and towel.

Used tardis to remove the tar around bottom of doors etc.

Rinsed well.

Autoglym shampoo and conditioner, rinsed well.

Dried with squeegee and towel again.

Sprayed with sonax brilliant shine detailer.

I'm away to research alloy cleaner next.

Juke has never been pampered so much :sun:

• Like 1

If you are looking for a recommendation for a pressure washer, then I am pleased with my nilfisk 110 something. Came with a few gadets which you perhaps should hide - a patio scrubber for example.

I got mine from amazon for £44, every now and then they seem to come up at silly prices, so worth lurking. (£100+ rrp)

Super snow foamed Yeti yesterday, its definitely not as thick as the magifoam but wanted to compare. I find that I only really need to hand washthe car it every 3rd time now. 1" in the bottle is ample.

20130531_110255_zpsdb0e13fa.jpg

Edited by servicepoint
  • Like 2

Exactly Merlinman, my sentiments entirely regarding the "Squeegy" blade a big NO NO. You need (MarieK) just a large Microfibre drying towel, but I notice you used Sonax brilliant shine detailer. Now if it is their latest product Sonax Extreme brilliant shine detailer, it is a superb product and is like getting hold of "Rocking Horse ****". I managed to get some last week from Clean Your Car and I am well pleased with it, despite all the hype regarding it,s release in the UK. Marie next time you wash the Joke don,t use the "Squeegy" blade, it leaves masses of scratches.

Tony

The squeegy I used is pretty soft, and I didnt put much pressure on it so it doesnt appear to have scratched. But I will take it on board and not us it on the yeti.

I am indeed talking about the sonax extreme brilliant shine detailer, also purchased from clean your car. It gets great reviews.

Anyone have any thoughts on paint protection film e.g. ventureshield?

Juke has several stone chips on the bonnet and I'd be keen to prevent this on the yeti.

Super snow foamed Yeti yesterday, its definitely not as thick as the magifoam but wanted to compare. I find that I only really need to hand washthe car it every 3rd time now. 1" in the bottle is ample.

20130531_110255_zpsdb0e13fa.jpg

Love the Karcher in the foreground.......I'm getting mine out this weekend.

What's the best stuff to use to get the really THICK 'moose' type foam???