VRS Tyres

Hi All

Time to replace a couple of tyres on the wife's VRS CR.

I was looking for another 2 Falken 452's but they are not available. Have used the 452's for a while on the VRS and my astravan and been very happy with them.

The Falken 453's are available but more expensive and have mixed reviews.

Also considering the Uniroyal Rainsport 2 as it gets good reviews.

Want something fairly quiet with good dry and wet grip.

Anyone using the Falken 453's and can give some feedback? Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

My Maxxis MAZ1 are very good in the wet (and pretty good in snow) and are about the same price as the Falkens. I wouldn't describe them as quiet.

I was £86 a corner fitted last year.

I put on 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2 on my the front of my vRS and they have been fantastic. They are much quieter than the Conti Sport 3's that were on their originally.

They're pricey, but they're reinforced and rated 'A' for wet grip. Would highly recommend if you can afford

I replaced 2 of my factory fitted Conti SC2's with SC5's a little while back.

They were £120 per corner, however there has never been a bad review on them and the A-Rated wet stopping is an important factor for me.

Gotta admit, I have a set of Michelin PS3's in the garage waiting to go on the car when the original fit Conti's wear out. Picked them up during Costco's "20% off when you buy 4" deal. I've been using Michelin from Costco for years, my last car - Mondeo ST TDCI used exactly the same size of tyre and I've always been pleased with them..........although an extra 15,000miles out of them at the same price would be nice!!!

depends on budget.

If you are looking at sub £100 a corner then i'd suggest the uniroyal rainsport 2 and the Falken 914. I've just got the falkens and they are quiet and grip pretty well.

I bought from camskill and used ATS to fit them. All in it came out over £100 cheaper than if I got the Rain sport 2's fitted from black circles

I put on 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2 on my the front of my vRS and they have been fantastic. They are much quieter than the Conti Sport 3's that were on their originally.

They're pricey, but they're reinforced and rated 'A' for wet grip. Would highly recommend if you can afford

+1 for asymmetric 2 goodyears.

Be prepared for shocking wear rates from those Michelin PS3.

why so donovan? I have PS3's all round and the fronts are on track for over 20k miles, and i don't treat them well. Loads better than the falken 452's that were on the front, and cheaper due to the rubbish wear rate on the falkens. Expensive at £150 per corner but Michelin seem to do offers a lot e.g. buy 2 get £50 of fuel vouchers.

My factory fitted contis are nearly dead with 6K on them, always been the same on my last there VRs's

The factory fit Conti SC2's lasted 30k miles before I replaced two of them.

The other 2 will easily see another 8k at least - giving me 38k which I really cannot complain about.

Local mileage kills tyres but motorway will give you lots of miles on a tyre. I have never seen more than 10K on tyres.

Same here i think the most i have had out of a set of fronts was 9k. my brother has just replaced his fronts on his Vrs he got 9339 miles out of them

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have ordered a pair of Rainsport 2's. Getting the wheels refurbed and painted so tyres will be fitted in the price.

Dave

Can I ask where your getting wheels refurbed and how much. I'm needing 4 done!

Be prepared for shocking wear rates from those Michelin PS3.

Well i got 20'000 out of a pair of fronts with regular pressure checks. Don't call that poor.

Must be my driving then. I only got 7k out of a pair which I bought in may.

That to me is shocking not only that but there's loads on net about excessive wear on the new PS3.

My driving usually consists of 10m commute to work and then back so total 20m a day.

With some occasionional weekend driving but nothing I would consider a reason for tyres to wear so bad