Positive thread about the Octavia

The glorious 1.8 TSi engine coupled to 7 speed DSG in Elegance trim. True stealth cos it looks just like any other Octavia. No rear spoiler to give it away.

Little touches like bag hooks and ticket clip.

Massive boot.

1.8TSi engine.

Packed with kit only found on far more expensive opposition.

The 1.8TSi engine. Oh I said that

Utterly reliable.

So good that when I replaced my last Octavia I didn't look at anything else.

Myself and 2 bro-in-law have now had 6 Octavias between us.

• Like 1

Boot hooks

Ticket holder

Storage - special mention to the door storage that can take full bottles (of wine!), passenger under seat storage, jumbo box storage

Tardis like space for a car of its "size", i.e. equivalent to a Golf but bigger boot than a Mondeo

Sound system quality

The price - practicality - quality - fun ratio all spot on

Specific to my VRS:

Leather seats

Amunsden+

The pull of the car when in 3rd

The fact that all my friends and family pretty much laughed at me when i bought a skoda... then ate a bucket load of humble pie once they had been for a drive in it ;)

LOL - My Mrs refused to visit Skoda to look at their cars, I said fair enough my choice, ordered the Blackline, she wasn't happy. On the day of collection I went on my own, got home in the new car and she said "I don't like it", its not like the old car, not got this, not got that moan moan moan. Not long after I broke my leg, so she had to drive the family around in the VRS. Now guess what car she always wants to drive (clue: its not her Fiat 500)?

• Like 4

the little hook on the underneath of the parcel shelf that allows you to attach the boot floor hatch when accessing the spare tyre

YES!!!!!, so many owners dont know what thats for lol, i use it all the time.

The look on the face of the BMW 5 series driver who was trying to undertake me on a motorway when I was doing 80 MPH and the black VRS CR170 left him for dead.

Oh, and my 13 year old daughter waving goodbye to the angry little man at the same time. Love it.

Hmmm not really sure i believe it, was it an ancient old BMW?

• Like 1

The fact people come over and ask about the car. The only other car I have owned that has caused that was my 1990 VW Golf GTI 16v.

Went to mine straight from an aubergine MkII G60 Edition One which garnished much the same, so know what you mean brother. B)

DRLs

It looks great in white

Regular 52 mpg brim to brim

Only been to the dealers once ( for it's service) in 32 months

I hate when I see these figures show f 50+ mpg...how? ?? Im gettin a combined of bout 36 and its annoying when I cant get anywhere near that

There are so many great features on the car, to many to list let alone try & put in order so best summarised in a simple phrase you will all understand. " Its called a Scout"

LOL - My Mrs refused to visit Skoda to look at their cars, I said fair enough my choice, ordered the Blackline, she wasn't happy. On the day of collection I went on my own, got home in the new car and she said "I don't like it", its not like the old car, not got this, not got that moan moan moan. Not long after I broke my leg, so she had to drive the family around in the VRS. Now guess what car she always wants to drive (clue: its not her Fiat 500)?

Curious, what hasnt the Blackline got, they are pretty well specced no?

For me I love the sleeper effect, left more than one "Hot Hatch" with a red face :devil:

For me I love the sleeper effect, left more than one "Hot Hatch" with a red face :devil:

Yep. Just missing a few things that would of been nice to have but not essential!

Xenons

Auto lights

Auto wipers

Rear view dimming mirror

Heated seats

Tinted rear windows and high ride height (coming from a Ford Cmax).

3rd Gear really does make me smile

The ability to personlise the Skoda - OEM BT, MFSW, Retro Cruise control, Re-map etc.....

It's huge & nippy & like many have said family friendly - I cant see why i'd need anything bigger

& finally (& probably the most important) is the amount of 'bang you get for your buck' :kiss:

The humungeous boot that allowed me to move from an estate to an Octy hatchback

The 1.8 TSI engine. Not much slower than the VRS, yet totally stealth

The DSG box

Sport mode on the DSG box - totally transforms the way the car accelerates.

• Like 2