First Shark PUBLIC Remap of the 1.6 TDI CR

Brilliant post. I have a 1.6CR Elegance TDI, and its the 75bhp version, my warranty is up soon so i was going to have it mapped. Can i ask exactly what the BHP and torque figures will be with the re-map ? I know what my figures are now from the brochure but am unsure what to expect. I had a remap done on the Mk1 1.9TDI Elegance my partner and i have and it made a massive difference. Does the Shark remap add a box or is it done by '' cracking '' the ECU ?

Brilliant post. I have a 1.6CR Elegance TDI, and its the 75bhp version, my warranty is up soon so i was going to have it mapped. Can i ask exactly what the BHP and torque figures will be with the re-map ? I know what my figures are now from the brochure but am unsure what to expect. I had a remap done on the Mk1 1.9TDI Elegance my partner and i have and it made a massive difference. Does the Shark remap add a box or is it done by '' cracking '' the ECU ?

Expect about 130bhp or so and an increased torque figure too

The difference in driving is easily noticeable even for mine going up from 105, so going from 75 will be immense

Ben will correct me if I'm wrong, but it is done by cracking the ECU, not by adding a box

You certainly won't regret it

i second that, its the best thing ive ever done!

Sharks the place to go too!

my monte is running at 133bhp, i cant remember what the torque figure is but its added over a 3rd more.

Driving wise, its as nice and subtle until you hit the sweet spot at 2200 ish revs and then it roars into life, throwing you back into your seat.

Ive drove my mates mk1 standard diesel vrs today and its nowhere as quick as mine (and if it is it really does not feel it!) Even he said "F**k me, this is quicker then mine" which made me smile massively

Im a happy bunny :-) and all for the bargain price of £400!

I went to Awesome GTI. yesterday and they can do the remap for £349. ( Closer to me than driving to Shark )

The only thing stopping me booking it in is the thought the brakes won't be able to cope.

I think 312mm at the front might be the way to go. How hard would it be to fit a VRS rear beam to the Monte ?

Cheers

JJ

I am actually down in Manchester at the moment, but can see you have a dealer in Salford from that map.

Can they currently perform the remap ?

Thanks

The dealer in Salford doesn't currently have the equipment, we are starting to roll it out to dealers over the next couple of weeks.

Sorry if you feel I'm spamming but I just wanted to know if there's a remap for the 1.2 TDI yet? Or are you working towards one? I knew I should of gone for the 1.6 :(

It's something we haven't looked at as yet but keep looking at our site for updates. If a suitable test car comes along then we will look at it, if the demand is there.

• Like 1

I realise you've got dealers here there and more coming on line, however which one is the original as ideally I would like to go to the best of the bunch rather than a satellite, I understand that they all will be competent at this but I'd prefer to pop in to the main hub

I realise you've got dealers here there and more coming on line, however which one is the original as ideally I would like to go to the best of the bunch rather than a satellite, I understand that they all will be competent at this but I'd prefer to pop in to the main hub

Seb, where are your detective skills, in your @rse? ;)

You only have to check out the Shark Performance website to find out that their base is Mansfield in Nottinghamshire

Seb, where are your detective skills, in your @rse? ;)

You only have to check out the Shark Performance website to find out that their base is Mansfield in Nottinghamshire

I have special people do my detective work tbh , his name wap , waplord :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only thing to worry about when achieving alot of HP on the 75hp unit is the cooling of the engine and oil temp.

The intercooler on the 75hp is smaller than the 105hp.

I am happy with mine, octavia, obviously more noticeable on less weighted cars like the fabia.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fair play for getting the map. It honestly makes sense getting it done really. You've already seen the benefits from the sound of things. 400 quid for that performance improvement is a no brainer :-)

As well as my Fab vrs estate, We've also got an Audi A3 2 litre TDI. 140bhp. Figures say 0-62 9.1 seconds official. Prob slightly quicker than that in my opinion. It also lists torque as 236 lbs/ft compared to my vrs's 184 lbs/ft, but my vrs destroys my Audi all round on performance. 1.4 tsi really is an incredible engine.

Wish this snow would go away so i could give it a blast on some country roads.

Insurance wise, it dont really effect me, Im an advanced driver, 8 years NC discount, over 25, etc etc so its increased about 13 quid for the year.....

Which insurance company are you using.

I'm an advanced driver too, over 25, etc. but makes no difference to the premium when I tell insurances companies

• 9 months later...