Can you use vegetable oil instead on motor oil ?

How dumb, I guess he "cooked" his motor then! if he was so tight to get it serviced at dealers then he could of at least used some Titan fuchs, my local car booty sells that stuff for £12.50 a gallon! can't go wrong and can't be much more coin that "Crisp and Dry"

That's fantastically stupid! I overheard at the dealer before someone ranting to a salesman how Skoda's still aren't reliable and how he was thinking of selling once the problem had been sorted. Master tech came out with a beaker with a clear fluid in it. Asked the customer to smell it and he correctly identified it as petrol. It had come from the tank of his Octavia TDI :giggle:

• Like 1

This is so insanely stupid its almost unbelievable!

Fair play there are some complete tools out there!

We initially tried to think of what angle there could be, but it's his car - bought and paid for. I'm assuming no insurance would cover this. It is a case of 'the lights are on, but nobody's home.'

I had too look at the date when I read this......nope not April the 1st.

Saying the guy is stupid doesn't seem to do this justice...........I don't know how you didn't laugh, I would have thought he was completely winding me up.

I sometimes despair at the lack of intelligence of some members of the Human race.

...What was or is the likely damage?...

It's going to need a new engine. He did manage to get from Preston to just north of the Amptill junction on the M1. His trip is showing 177 miles which is about right.

The owner has been on the phone for an update and someone had to ask the question - 'Why?' It appears his 'friends' told him that they were all doing it and 'oil is oil'. I wonder if they will chip in for the new engine?

Sounds like the thing Only an idiot would do, but this person was judged to be a proper fit,sane person capable of being in charge of a potentially deadly weapon....... The mind boggles!

This is one of the best I've heard, not even SWMBO would be this daft.... and that's saying something!

I wonder if he 'mates' were just taking the p1ss and he fell for it. He seems a bit of a tool so if they were I bet they're laughing more than us

Ouch! So a £6000+ bill?

I wonder if they will chip in for the new engine?

If they won't, maybe Shifty could return from semi-retirement to offer his seafood restaurant expertise.

P.S. Was his engine chipped?

• Like 3