The New Skoda Octavia vRS

ColinD

My obeservations

- Decent base spec of safety features

- Some decent options that are either 'borrowed' or licensed from ford.

- Infotainment information is either limited or if you can only have monochrome screen this is where they are penny pinching.( disappointed )

- Disappointed about the missing info - Do you get MFSW as std on both manual & DSG this time ? - Is colour MFD available ( like the Leon ).

• Like 1

Have to agree with Copey. It just looks the part. Well this has saved me from trawling brochures and dealers for hours deciding what my next car will b.e Manual hatch please. Only decision will be colour and options.... Unless we get another Blackline equivelent.....

The estate looks amazing in profile. Can't see why anyone would buy an Audi A4 Avant when one of these looks so similar and will be a lot cheaper.

Not sure about offering 3 different size wheels, surely body flex will be affected and you will need to change the dampers if going for the 19" ones, same reason the Mk1 hatches with the larger wheels had bracing bars fitted.

The only misgiving I have is that it's now bigger than ever, aiming at Mondeo sort of size, so I reckon will feel like a right barge compared to the similar engined Golf GTI.

Wonder if Skoda will offer the E-Diff and map upgrade in a performance pack as VW are with the GTI?

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

Friend of mine recently traded in her Mk2 VRS for something more young-family-budget-friendly and they'd been getting 28mpg out of it, so 40 is pretty respectable really!

Hmm I may have to have an Estate next time - just hope that the stance that the pictures have is available as a factory option.

Damn sexy looking motor in estate form, the hatch isn't bad - but the estate does it for me this time.