Delivery times

Hi guys, I just wanted to run something by you on waiting times. I've seen a few people put up they are expecting long waits for their vRS but I ordered mine just under two weeks ago and my dealer is adamant that the wait will be 12 weeks max (so 10 to go).

Is that a realistic time frame?

Hi guys, I just wanted to run something by you on waiting times. I've seen a few people put up they are expecting long waits for their vRS but I ordered mine just under two weeks ago and my dealer is adamant that the wait will be 12 weeks max (so 10 to go).

Is that a realistic time frame?

Hatch or combi?

My car is an Octavia TDI 1,6 with sunroof and ACC.  I ordered in start of July.  I have no delivery date yet but they have expected delivery January 2014.  I could get it sooner but had to get rid of both sunroof and ACC then..

Ordered a new Octavia on 15 August, 1.4lt DSG with a few extras.  I was given a delivery of between 12 and 16 weeks so I'll be interested to see what the build week will be.

Mac

Well got a call from Skoda UK today (from an email I sent last week) confirming that the hatches (vRS, not sure if its all hatches) were definitely not going to be in production until November so January delivery at the soonest, which is what a few of you guys had pointed out and thanks for that as somehow my dealership had not been informed of this.

Anyway on the plus side just made a new order for a vRS estate, TDI, Meteor Gray, Black Pack, Anthracite Gemini's, Tinted Windows, Cruise Control, Winter Pack and KESSY. :-)

Edited by Mike83

I've ordered a elegance businessline (dutch config) in the Netherlands, just a 1.6tdi dsg hatch.

I was told (initially they told me 10 to 12 week) last week that I should be expecting at least 22 weeks:(

Should be build in week 42, delivered in week 44 (ordered in week 21).

Nobody at Skoda NL was able to tell me why, that's what bothering me most.

If I must wait longer, tell me why! Allowing me to accept it knowing why...

Besides the heavy standard businessline config (xenon, columbus, canton, park assist etc) I only ordered a backscreen wiper

Edited by Badnews.nl

Went to dealers yesterday to give them px,all went well have a little fabia to run round in till car comes

I have a confirmed build week 38 so delivery 2nd week October dont fall over lol

Feel better now its confirmed phew !

I think 6 mths is a little long but hope its worth the wait !!!

Can I ask who your dealer is? - I asked about a loan car and was told that my local dealers insurance policy wouldn't cover it  - this is a pretty important one for me as I probably need to PX now rather than in 4 months time.

Car ordered on 21/6/2013. Dealer e mailed today to confirm it was built last week (33) and delivery is expected in 2-3 weeks. (Octavia 1.4 SE estate with extras).

I ordered my vRS hatch on Monday morning and was quoted 12 weeks delivery. After seeing the comment from Mike83 I spoke to the dealer to question the delivery time and his reply was that he has spoken to Skoda themselves and it is definitely 12 weeks until delivery. If this turns out not to be the case what are my chances of getting a courtesy car? (Current car goes Oct 23rd, vRS 'apparently' will be here by November 11th which is fine but if its likely to run in to the new year ill need something in the meantime.

Cheers

I ordered my vRS hatch on Monday morning and was quoted 12 weeks delivery. After seeing the comment from Mike83 I spoke to the dealer to question the delivery time and his reply was that he has spoken to Skoda themselves and it is definitely 12 weeks until delivery. If this turns out not to be the case what are my chances of getting a courtesy car? (Current car goes Oct 23rd, vRS 'apparently' will be here by November 11th which is fine but if its likely to run in to the new year ill need something in the meantime.

Cheers

i was certain that demo hatch's are not going to hit the dealers till mid November and the first on the road ones were going to be Jan 2014. That's what I read elsewhere, somewhere on these forums i think!

i was certain that demo hatch's are not going to hit the dealers till mid November and the first on the road ones were going to be Jan 2014. That's what I read elsewhere, somewhere on these forums i think!

Yeah same here that's why I questioned it with him. I've now got it on an email that he's 'spoken with Skoda and it is definitely 12 weeks from my order date', surely I've got grounds to ask for a courtesy if it isn't here by then?

Hi thebigred

Trust group redditch ,we have a fabia on loan,ordered my elegance 6th April too bloody long to wait but hey ho

Sorry to ask a stupid question but have the dealer taken your trading and then given you a loan car then?  Just wondering how dealers are doing it with the long wait as I'm looking to trade in our only car against a vRS.

Not necessarily. The sooner they take your car, the more they are likely to sell it for.

I've ordered my car with Trust Skoda, Redditch and they've offered me a guaranteed trade-in figure (with a mileage limitation), but said they will loan me a car if I sell it in the meantime. I can borrow it from the point that my build week has been confirmed.

Placed the order on my fully speced Octavia and got a scheduled production date week 38.

Week 38 (scheduled) me too!!;):)) for my 2.0tdiDSG eleg.Combi ordered 26/06 in Portugal... Edited by Siman