Delivery times

Apparently my hatch is at code 20 this morning according to the dealer for week 40 build, but when I spoke to SUK today they said It is week 40 build, but I won't get it until at least January but they couldn't explain why. Even the dealer is confused by this so they're trying to find out exactly what's going on.

Starting to irritate me now that nobody seems to know exactly what's going on!

Just sent a sh**y e-mail via the contact form to Skoda UK - pointed out that lots of people are getting varying information - threatened to cancel the order unless someome sorts this out.,

Frankly I'm fine with a Dec delivery, it fits well, but I just want to know what the deal is - even if they turned around and said March at least I can go and find another option.

What a joke, I pointed out in the e-mail that they win all these customer service awards, I'm not sure I'd rate them very highly at the moment.... 

Apparently my hatch is at code 20 this morning according to the dealer for week 40 build, but when I spoke to SUK today they said It is week 40 build, but I won't get it until at least January but they couldn't explain why. Even the dealer is confused by this so they're trying to find out exactly what's going on.

Starting to irritate me now that nobody seems to know exactly what's going on!

Is this a vRS hatch? And when did you order if you don't mind me asking? :)

Yes, Corrida Red Petrol DSG hatch, I haven't added many options as there's plenty of kit as standard.

I ordered on 4th August and it's been floating from week 40 - 42 but apparently now confirmed week 40.

I'm guessing they've acknowledged it's their mistake then, which is good. Hopefully you can get the enjoyment of a new car on Friday and again when the Race Blue one arrives. Bonus. :)

P

My replacement race blue has been ordered today and now with Park Assist by way of an apology. So another long wait starts like it did on 07/07/13 but at least I'll have a lovely new car to drive in the meantime which will make the wait easier to bear.

Looking forward to collecting my temporary car tomorrow all the same.

• Like 1

My replacement race blue has been ordered today and now with Park Assist by way of an apology. So another long wait starts like it did on 07/07/13 but at least I'll have a lovely new car to drive in the meantime which will make the wait easier to bear.

Looking forward to collecting my temporary car tomorrow all the same.

You did we'll there, very well. Driving around in a free courtesy car is compensation as it is.

You did we'll there, very well. Driving around in a free courtesy car is compensation as it is.

It isn't a courtesy car, its the car I should have had if it was the right colour. My finance will start on it and my payments and when the ordered one arrives, we swap cars and a new finance agreement starts. So in fact without the free park assist I'd have been out of pocket paying at least two extra finance payments.

It isn't a courtesy car, its the car I should have had if it was the right colour. My finance will start on it and my payments and when the ordered one arrives, we swap cars and a new finance agreement starts. So in fact without the free park assist I'd have been out of pocket paying at least two extra finance payments.

Understood, thanks.

I think I'd accept the right car in the wrong colour though ;) Don't think I'll see mine until 2014!

It was tempting, these long waits are agonising aren't they? Getting a bit nervous about driving it tomorrow. I am convincing myself I'll crash it. The start stop system will be weird at first I imagine.

It was tempting, these long waits are agonising aren't they? Getting a bit nervous about driving it tomorrow. I am convincing myself I'll crash it. The start stop system will be weird at first I imagine.

You get the new car experience twice in a few months :)

Starting to get cold feet to be honest, I need to know that I'll have a car by the end of the year - otherwise I'll take my business elsewhere....

Starting to feel the same way!

Last friday my dealer said my car would probably be ordered this week. Sooo called him today.

"Uhm . there are some error codes on the car. I'll need to check with the importer and get back to you"

5 mins later (at least they got that right .. getting back to me fairly quick!):

Right ... there is a delay with the color (oh really? guess I should have reacted when I read it in here!) and with the alloys!

My car will now be delivered in Race Blue with Velorum alloys (Standard for Elegance in DK).

According to the import company, even with that setup I'm most likely looking at a week 44 build!

Just ordered my 3rd Skoda Octavia and I've never owned one! I cancelled two previous orders after 4 months for the Mk1 and 6 months on the Mk2. After the first one where I lost my deposit I always add to the contract delivery by XXXX(date) is a strict term of the contract. This allows you to get your money back.

Anyway ordered from All Electric in Birmingham on 10/9/13 with a provisional build week of 02/14 a Meteor Grey VRS diesel hatch. With black design and winter pack, crew protection, sunset glass and simply clever on the standard anthracite alloys.

Assuming it takes 2 weeks for delivery to the UK from build that will be a 19 week delivery time....not great. I'll update when build date is confirmed.

Just ordered my 3rd Skoda Octavia and I've never owned one! I cancelled two previous orders after 4 months for the Mk1 and 6 months on the Mk2. After the first one where I lost my deposit I always add to the contract delivery by XXXX(date) is a strict term of the contract. This allows you to get your money back.

Anyway ordered from All Electric in Birmingham on 10/9/13 with a provisional build week of 02/14 a Meteor Grey VRS diesel hatch. With black design and winter pack, crew protection, sunset glass and simply clever on the standard anthracite alloys.

Assuming it takes 2 weeks for delivery to the UK from build that will be a 19 week delivery time....not great. I'll update when build date is confirmed.

Am surprised they allowed that clause of delivery by xxxx as they'd be loosing customers now if that were the case. All the best

Schelde Highway is currently heading for Grimsby, I think it calls at Sheerness next.

Please let my car be onboard.

Shelde Highway is currently showing docked at Emden ???

I think t had been to Immingham a couple of days ago as Isar Highway was also on its way there but both these ships are now showing arrived at Emden

Edited by redandwhitepauly