Delivery times

I have finally been given the closest thing to a build date I think I will ever get....

Went into the dealer over the weekend with the intention of cancelling, gave them the chance to try and price up a similar Leon FR 184 but they couldn't make the monthly payments match for various reasons.

One of the last things they looked at was the build week for the octavia, which has now turned into week 51.

They rang me back this morning and said they've spoken to retail support who said that unless something "very drastic" happens my car will be built on that week, but for some reason they've not updated it to code 20 yet?

Anyone else heard anything like this? - In theory the car should def go code 20 next week if it's going to be built 51 (wc 16/12) - if it is I should have it 2nd week in January which at this stage makes it pretty much not worth considering anything else (unless it's used)

So finally I might have closure, it's looking likely that it will be 22 weeks from order to delivery - nearly double the original estimate, but still.....

What exactly have you ordered? (you're spec is probably somewhere on it but I've not seen it!).

Have they given you any idea why it's taken so long? I ordered my VRS week 34 and collected it week 48.

Hi all

I ordered on 24th October being told 16 weeks lead time.  I said from day 1 that would be ok as long as it came by 1st March (19 weeks after order). Standard car plus sat nav and Keyless. Dealer (nice chap who I understand is on this forum) finally gave me a build week today - week 20! By my maths that's Mid May - not even delivery, just build. that's 31 weeks after order, nearly 8 months.  I could have had a bespoke house built in that time, and no reason whatsoever given so far. My old car's about to die and tax/MOT run out on 1st march anyway, so unless something serious changes rapidly to get it in by March I'm going to have to cancel, which is a shame as I really want the car.  I could have had either of my second choice cars delivered by now.  I know it's not the dealer's fault but am I crazy to think that this is totally unacceptable?

I thought I couldn't be in any worse mood but then I log on the forum to find that a lucky gentleman who ordered the same week as me is getting his this week!! wtf?

• Like 1

What exactly have you ordered? (you're spec is probably somewhere on it but I've not seen it!).

Have they given you any idea why it's taken so long? I ordered my VRS week 34 and collected it week 48.

Same as yours mate but without the mitsumi and sat nav instead....

I've had the standard "lane assist" answer....

Hi all

I ordered on 24th October being told 16 weeks lead time.  I said from day 1 that would be ok as long as it came by 1st March (19 weeks after order). Standard car plus sat nav and Keyless. Dealer (nice chap who I understand is on this forum) finally gave me a build week today - week 20! By my maths that's Mid May - not even delivery, just build. that's 31 weeks after order, nearly 8 months.  I could have had a bespoke house built in that time, and no reason whatsoever given so far. My old car's about to die and tax/MOT run out on 1st march anyway, so unless something serious changes rapidly to get it in by March I'm going to have to cancel, which is a shame as I really want the car.  I could have had either of my second choice cars delivered by now.  I know it's not the dealer's fault but am I crazy to think that this is totally unacceptable?

I thought I couldn't be in any worse mood but then I log on the forum to find that a lucky gentleman who ordered the same week as me is getting his this week!! wtf?

Similar situation here, dalefc above ordered his a week before mine and already has his - our spec was pretty much identical....

When you order and when you get it don't really seem to relate to each other lol

Just straying over from the Yeti section as we are all having the same problem with build dates.

I was thinking of cancelling my Yeti Facelift and going for an Octavia Estate, but looks like that's a no no as well according to you guys.

And I thought waiting 3 months for my wife's VW up was a long time!

Same as yours mate but without the mitsumi and sat nav instead....

I've had the standard "lane assist" answer....

I thought lane assist was ok but front assist was causing the issues?

Dr Pepper I feel for you.  It's hard to justify that length of wait no matter how popular the car.  It's a lottery who gets delivery first and order dates seem to have no bearing. I think it needs a root and branches review.  My dealer is seriously worried about the impact on Skoda's reputation that the wait and lack of clear information is having.

Hi all

I ordered on 24th October being told 16 weeks lead time.  I said from day 1 that would be ok as long as it came by 1st March (19 weeks after order). Standard car plus sat nav and Keyless. Dealer (nice chap who I understand is on this forum) finally gave me a build week today - week 20! By my maths that's Mid May - not even delivery, just build. that's 31 weeks after order, nearly 8 months.  

I ordered mine three days after you, with the same request for the 1st march delivery and my car hasn't got any sort of build week yet.

It really does make you wonder how these companies have become some amateurish. Basic GCSE economics tells you that if demand is exceeding supply you do something to calm demand (i.e. increase prices), but then that doesn't take into account us suckers who just take it and accept 12 weeks in salesman talk is actually going to be 6 months in reality.

I just wish there were decent brokers around now like when I bought my GTI back in 2006 (big discount on list price, decent trade in and available to collect in 3 days)... alright, I didn't get to choose options....

Ordered mine (spec in signature) 15th August 2013, "Accepted" by factory September 4th 2013, due to dealer quotas ( which wasn't explained at point of purchase )

Latest update from Skoda UK today: I'm looking at a build week of 08, February 17th 2014!!!!

I am no longer excited by this car and I think Skoda as a whole are a complete joke!!

P.S. I hope they are reading!

Edited by dc5r666
  • Like 1

Ordered my vRS TDi Estate last week. I'm not expecting any shiny new car until April.

I'm not expecting my vRS TDi Estate until April and I ordered mid-September. That's a dealer estimate, given today.

Ordered mine (spec in signature) 15th August 2013, "Accepted" by factory September 4th 2013, due to dealer quotas ( which wasn't explained at point of purchase )

Latest update from Skoda UK today: I'm looking at a build week of 08, February 17th 2014!!!!

I am no longer excited by this car and I think Skoda as a whole are a complete joke!!

That is a pretty poor show by Skoda. Trouble is, even if they do read this, they won't care, let alone do something about it.

I've not had an update for a couple of weeks, since SUK told me mine was back to status 0 from a 27th Sept order. Not heard from dealer lately.

Its all the shifting about and uncertainty that gets me really.

Ordered my VRS 2nd Sept, told by Skoda entered system of 3rd Sept, just been to see dealer, good news now has a status code 10 for week 12 2014, 6.5 months from order to build  :wall:

Yes i'm aware it still could change either way.

That is a pretty poor show by Skoda. Trouble is, even if they do read this, they won't care, let alone do something about it.

I've not had an update for a couple of weeks, since SUK told me mine was back to status 0 from a 27th Sept order. Not heard from dealer lately.

You're right, everything is as clear as mud!

I too get the feeling that, they aren't bothered either way.

They should at least try to sound at least a bit sorry for the delays and the knock on effects. I need x4 four more new tyres that I shouldn't need to pay for now! I've already had to pay for tax, MOT and x3 year service. ~Not to mention all the grief I had from Santander over the PCP extension.

Ordered my VRS 2nd Sept, told by Skoda entered system of 3rd Sept, just been to see dealer, good news now has a status code 10 for week 12 2014, 6.5 months from order to build  :wall:

My cars' status 10's have gone from 48 to 02 to 52 to 08!!!

That sounds like the factory really know how to keep their house in order, not!

I'm guessing we're not alone in this.

The list of disgruntled non-owners will only grow!

AAArrrrgh, where's me Citalopram?!  :@

P.S. The 52 was when the status 10 disappeared and Skoda UK spouted the x16 weeks from factory acceptance

Edited by dc5r666

They don't care - I've been having a few long phone and email conversations with them and essentially I've been told that as the car is so popular I'll just have to suck it up and wait, I've been quoted a mid March delivery for mine and I ordered it on the 12th August. Because of their ineptitude, the factory didn't accept the order until the 26th September (the day after I spoke to Skoda re my build date) and as such my car has been put on the waiting list.

As bad as SUK have been, the dealer have been far worse. Their communication is shocking, even after repeated phonecalls and even a visit to gee them up. One more phonecall to them tomorrow and if I still get poor service, I'll be cancelling my order.

• Like 1

That slow... I ordered my one the same day as yours... my vRS will start to be built in 2 weeks time

I ordered my VRS the week before (1st week of Aug) and apparently it was built last week. Dealer said they would call me today to confirm, but guess what??? Yep, no call received. I think most dealers are just overwhelmed with customer orders. Still no excuse for poor service though. It was one of the reasons I decided on buying a Skoda due to their supposedly legendary customer service.

The more I read the more of a lottery it seems.

I ordered my vrs estate on the 20/9, was a change to a dealer ordered car as they had hit their quota, I believe ordered beginning of September.

It has almost every option, including the problematic ones. KESSY, pano roof, ACC and I pick it up tomorrow.

• Like 1

Accusing Skoda or the factory of not knowing what they are doing is a bit naive IMO.

At the most there's a couple of hundred people on this forum. Skoda built thousands of cars so I'm not sure that anyone here has the full picture.

They will have a system that they work to, but for obvious reasons it's not communicated to the general public.

I hate waiting for a new toy as much as the next person but it's hardly something that comes unexpected when you order a bespoke product which is in high demand.

Accusing Skoda or the factory of not knowing what they are doing is a bit naive IMO.

At the most there's a couple of hundred people on this forum. Skoda built thousands of cars so I'm not sure that anyone here has the full picture.

They will have a system that they work to, but for obvious reasons it's not communicated to the general public.

I hate waiting for a new toy as much as the next person but it's hardly something that comes unexpected when you order a bespoke product which is in high demand.

You are joking right?

How do they explain at 22 week wait? - Nearly double the initial quoted time?

The answer is that they have no real answer, other than parts shortages - what is very clear is that there are issues, even the dealer admitted "We are only seeing vRS's trickle through" - he also discussed the fact that he felt that the number of vRS's the UK had been "assigned" by Skoda (seemingly SUK have to haggle to see how many they can get) was incredibly small compared to the demand they were seeing. My view is that the parts shortages are a load of bull and this is simply about how many vRS cars the factory are building for the UK market, that was certainly the impression I got from the dealer.

Skoda offer a fast hatch, with good options, at a decent price, with servicing and 0% APR and they don't expect people to take that offer up? - Come on, this is basic stuff.

Whilst at the dealer we compared the stock of Leon FR's (184) with vRS's - and in basic terms there was no stock of Oct vRS's in the UK and loads (I mean a good few pages) of stock of the Leon. The fact is that my car should be a stock one, Sat nav, cruise and black pack are NOT strange options as demonstrated with the options on the Leon stock they clearly know what's going to be popular.

This was pretty much the same situation when I was looking at the Leon a few months ago, so clearly some parts of VAG can sort themselves out - it's just a shame that the finance didn't work out on the Leon, they couldn't get close to the cost of the Octy.

Whatever the case as a customer I am less than impressed, one of the reasons I thought I'd choose Skoda is the glowing reviews they got on customer service, it seems that either something has gone very wrong since those reviews were captured or I (and everyone else on here with massive delays) are just exceptions - this could of course be true.

I won't be suggesting people buy a Skoda unless they have planned their new car purchase at least 6 months in advance.

Sorry but you really did open the flood gates on what has probably been one of the most frustrating transactions I've done (and I count purchasing a home as well) - no updates, little urgency on their part and a very lazy attitude to customer service - if it wasn't a few weeks away from arriving I'd have cancelled on the spot on Saturday.

I don't have to be grateful that Skoda will eventually build me a car....

• Like 1

So why has my dealer offered me 3 VRS that are sitting @ the dock built for stock, 2 standard builds (in Red) and 1 with some options (leather/Columbus in Blue).  

Too me that's crazy, stock/STD cars are being built and just sitting around when orders are being quoted 6 months build.  Who's going to buy a STD car?

WTH, I've just thrown another spanner into the works today and added the sunroof.

Personally I always find the cars built for 'stock' to be either basic standard versions or they have options which just don't make sense, like leather but no heated seats etc just as an example.

It just seems to me that when the stock cars are built there is no rhyme or reason with the options, its like someone is just ticking boxes totally at random, they know the options that are going to be popular, thats why they are charging for those options as its more money for them as a business!  They could quite easily build good cars with good options just by looking at the previous 12 month sales of the vRS, regardless of mk2 or mk3 they will get a gauge on what options have been popular, and then they could reduce waiting times drastically!

Anyway, I ordered mine September 20th, had provisional of week 49, then nothing, now provisional week 8, so if stays then that will be nearly 6 months from order to delivery, so double original quoted times, and yes its frustrating, but the dealer is either going to tax my current car on January 1st for me or take my car in PX then and give me a loan car until delivery, also as each month goes by I pay another finance payment so my predicted monthly payment on the new car gets lower, so it has its advantages and disadvantages both ways really.

As for the customer service reputation of Skoda, the delivery system at the moment is a shambles, but the after care in my opinion, is fantastic, all niggles and problems I have ever had have all been sorted with minimum of fuss and no problems, so for that they are excellent!

Same dealer has a couple of more vRS's ordered in the week or two after me and they are provisional build week 16, so they are way way out.

Overall, my dealer is pretty good, understands the shambles and can't offer any excuses as they know its pretty awful, however, they have gone out of the way to assist and help in keeping me mobile from January 1st.

Frustrating, but **** happens I suppose!

So you would not mind when the food you order at the restaurant takes longer than the estimated 45mins. No reasonable explanation as to why it is taking so long and all the other customers who arrived after you are already tucking in to the same and similar dishes. When you ask, you are fobbed off and they consider it rude when you keep asking as to why your meal is taking so long!

Two hours later and you would still be sitting on your hands doing nothing to complain?