Extended Warranty

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you buy Extended Warranty when you bought your Superb?

• One extra year
    • Two extra years
    • No

It's extra 3 years here (from 3 to 6) and I got it included in my lease.  When I was shopping around I was told the price was "...around AU$1800..."  It's actually a third party lease by Allianz but the wording of the PDS is that it covers everything the manufacturer warranty does.  Could be added anytime before the original warranty expired..

It's kind of weird, the original manuf. warranty was 3 years, unlimited km.  The extension is +3 years +60,000km so I can only assume that the km limit is whatever you had at 3 years plus 60,000, although I'm not sure how they figure out your km at 3 years unless you're supposed to report it somehow.

I also bought the Allianz after market extended warranty for $A1100.  Had a problem with exhaust sensor and discovered an annoying clause in the "fine print". Warranty does not cover the investigation of a problem, only the rectification!!  Most of the electric issues with Skoda seem difficult for the technicians to identify. My exhaust sensor problem took three days and they loaned me a car.  Not sure if the cars are too complex or the dealers do not have the right experienced staff. 

Lease car so no not purchased - as a transport company running a fleet in excess of 10,000 bits of kits (HGVs, LGVs, trailer and cars) we have very good relationships with all the manufacturers (inc cars, in fact we work for a lot of them) and so tend to still get warranty work completed outside of warranty.

I also bought the Allianz after market extended warranty for $A1100.  Had a problem with exhaust sensor and discovered an annoying clause in the "fine print". Warranty does not cover the investigation of a problem, only the rectification!!  Most of the electric issues with Skoda seem difficult for the technicians to identify. My exhaust sensor problem took three days and they loaned me a car.  Not sure if the cars are too complex or the dealers do not have the right experienced staff. 

It's getting to the stage where the mechanic no longer exists and has been replaced by fitters who are laptop reliant and no provision seems to be made for a chain reaction fault that only lists the last component that isn't working as the fault even though it maybe fine and it's something else 4 stages down the food chain that's actually broken.

Interesting. The day I picked my 2013 Combi up in January I asked to extend the warranty. My dealer in the New Forest said it couldn't be done...had to be do be done at time of order 'and only then'. I'd missed the boat by three months. Now I read above of one bought at time of collection and another apparently more recently, both Skoda extended warranty.

Can anyone advise...I'd still get it if I could.

Interesting. The day I picked my 2013 Combi up in January I asked to extend the warranty. My dealer in the New Forest said it couldn't be done...had to be do be done at time of order 'and only then'. I'd missed the boat by three months. Now I read above of one bought at time of collection and another apparently more recently, both Skoda extended warranty.

My dealer said it could be bought at any time in the first 3 years. I decided to leave it until later just in case I wrote the car off in that time!

I believe it has to be ordered before the car is registered,  It's classed as a factory fit option

I wasn't offered option to purchase an extended warranty when ordering my Superb in December 2011. I had a quote for a Skoda extended warranty on my Octavia when it was approaching three years old so I never really thought about buying it with new car as I assumed I could do it later if keeping the car beyond three years. 

Hi,

At least in Spain, there are two kinds of guarantees:

• If you order it when purchase your car, and NOT after, this guarantee will come directly from Skodaç
  • If you buy it once the care has been bought, the guarantee will be provided by an insurance company that has clearly many more limitations that if it would come from the Manufacturer

Hi,

At least in Spain, there are two kinds of guarantees:

• If you order it when purchase your car, and NOT after, this guarantee will come directly from Skodaç
  • If you buy it once the care has been bought, the guarantee will be provided by an insurance company that has clearly many more limitations that if it would come from the Manufacturer

Same in Poland, and got a feeling in the UK as well :giggle:

• 1 month later...

My dealer said the extended warranty has to be purchased prior to 3 days before vehicle registration. The prices are reasonable so I went ahead for my Roomster, which I am picking up next week.

I tried to find out if it also includes RAC cover, but I can't see it specified anywhere, can anybody please point me in the right direction on this?...........Thanks