The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I hope the engine availability over the various models expands, because it looks like Skoda UK again being restrictive on what we are and aren't allowed.

Again.

Sunroof, columbus with sat nav and DAB, heated windscreen, different seats and trim parts. The trim is to my taste but the value is in the hardware. I tried pricing up a Yeti elegance so I could have Black paint and Gobi leather which I fancied at the time-and it isn't possible to get anything like the same value.

Sunroof, columbus with sat nav and DAB, heated windscreen, different seats and trim parts. The trim is to my taste but the value is in the hardware. I tried pricing up a Yeti elegance so I could have Black paint and Gobi leather which I fancied at the time-and it isn't possible to get anything like the same value.

I did the same when I wanted a Red one and Skoda UK said no.

Was looking around £3000 more than the L+K for an Elegance in the same spec IIRC, so I just had my seats done in very nice leather with red stitching instead for £1000.

I cannot believe this.........................  As I said numerous times of course SUK will make a model mix that does not give us what we want.

THERE IS NO 170 DSG L&K?!?!?!?!!?    :wall: 

But as I predicted as well, the SE Plus is no more.  So now the million dollar question: does the Elegance finally get the Amundsen as standard? Is the spec for each model out yet?

The "City" Yeti is defintely now the bargain basement end of the range peculiarly...  110 is the biggest diesel you get in that...

But have to say this one looks SMASHING:

middle=promo-update.jpg

• Like 1

Disappointed is the word Johann.

My Facelift order will now be on permanent hold until the range hopefully improves.

(Unless my dealer can find a prefacelift 1.4 elegance+panoramic roof.) :think:

Disappointed is the word Johann.

My Facelift order will now be on permanent hold until the range hopefully improves.

(Unless my dealer can find a prefacelift 1.4 elegance+panoramic roof.) :think:

I think we should not fret too much... as with any new car the range will be limited at launch.  This will grow to be near the levels of choice we had just before the FL came about.  And on that list you COULD order a 170 DSG L&K - and some other variations of engines and spec now missing.

So yes patience is the word as you say.

The extract below is from blurb previously published about the FL Yeti:

"The Yeti Outdoor GreenLine is the most environmentally friendly model.

The Green tec package is delivered with the 1.4 TSI/90 kW, 1.6 TDI/77 kW DSG or 2.0 TDI/103 kW engine. Features include the Start-Stop system, energy recovery functionality and special tyres."

There seems to be no sign of the Outdoor GreenLine - I would be keen on one of those, the 2.0TDi version. As Johann says we may have to be patient. The most disappointing aspect of the models listed is the poor CO2 emission levels of all engines and the omission of the 1.4TSI. The Superb FL has a great range of upgraded engines - why not the Yeti?

These emission levels of the 1.2 is extremely poor specially when my son has a 1 litre 122bhp Ford engine with £20 roadtax.

I was seriously considering a Fl Yeti as the final reason to stay with Skoda when i change my car,  but with the lack of decent engines in the Yeti & Rapid for my personal liking, this means that it will be time to move on.

These emission levels of the 1.2 is extremely poor specially when my son has a 1 litre 122bhp Ford engine with £20 roadtax.

Later design of engine, lighter car, better areodynamics.

It's not really surprising it's far better for emmissions.

The Yeti is now 4 years old and it sounds like the old engines have been directly carried over to the facelift, with no additional "greentech" tweaks.

The Yeti is now 4 years old and it sounds like the old engines have been directly carried over to the facelift, with no additional "greentech" tweaks.

Aren't the CO2 values roughly 5 better? But tweaks to the chippery no doubt, rather than any significant redesign.

Good to see that there is no premium for the Outdoor spec over the City version.

I'm surprised by that.I'd have thought the Blingy bits on the "City" version(Front and rear bumpers in body colour,etc) would cost more to manufacture.

I expected the"Drive on the School run" City to be the more expensive one. :makeup:

Bluetooth is now included on S upwards.

Standard wheels on SE are now Scudo or Erebus on Outdoor. Rest of spec over S remains the same as pre-fl.

The standard wheels on FL Elegance are Annaprurna on both Outdoor and non-Outdoor. The rest of the spec differences over SE remain the same as pre-fl except for the addition of LED running lights. It is not clear at this time whether rear LED lights are standard on Elegance (they're not mentioned on the standard L&K spec either). Only Outdoor 4x4 models get on off-road button.

Amundsen is not standard on the FL Elegance.

The price-increases relative to pre-fl are variable across the model range. You can order FL as of now. I suspect the skoda web-sites will update on the 3rd (tomorrow).

EDIT - OK, they didn't update the public sites yet, I guess it'll be next week some time then.

The only real things I noted on the economy front are:

The drop of the CR170 manual into band F and 49.6 combined vs pre-fl band G and 47.9 combined (£35 12 month VED saving), now bettering the CR140.

The 1.8TSI slips down into band I (just), with a slightly improved combined mpg of 36.2 vs the previous 35.3. This is useful though as it yields a £140 VED saving in the first year and £40 per annum thereafter at current rates. A pity then that the L&K-only restriction remains in place on the 1.8.

Disappointingly perhaps, the 1.2TSI is unchanged, sitting at the bottom of band F.

Absolutely, but I think for illustrative purposes, combined mpg is a more meaningful measure. From a practical point of view, people actually tend to care about the banding (cost per annum) and mpg (cost per mile), whereas the raw g/km CO2 is pretty abstract and meaningless in itself to the end-user, aside from perhaps when used in green(wash) marketing where a particularly low figure (e.g. double digits) can sound impressive.

Tried to order the new FL Yeti today. Although prices are now official and on the Skoda UK website, unfortunately the factory options are sadly missing!

Local dealer willing to take a deposit (and quoted Jan delivery), but without the official options list, not possible to place an actual order -  just a temporary one, and fill in the gaps when details available. 

Shame on you Skoda UK!

Anyway, great to be back in the Yeti fold, albeit not for several months.

Going for an SE Outdoor 140 diesel 4x4 DSG in the Jungle Green (as per the official Skoda UK on line photo).

Sadly the black/silver Matterhorn alloys that look so right with this colour, are not a UK standard fit or even an option.

Never mind!

Nice, I like that jungle green. Unfortunately my wife doesn't share our vision and is insisting on white. Toying with moon white, but will probably go candy white to help keep the price in check.

I can confirm that Elegance and L&K will get LED rear lights. They will be an option on the Ambition in CZ so likely also available as an option on the SE. The option is priced at the equivilent of £115 in CZ.

Remove 25% of the cylinders as per Fords 123bhp ecoboost and the Yeti's EA211 1.2 petrol engine could probably be tweaked to give the same emissions. Personally I'd rather benefit from the additional torque and smoothness of the vag unit, especially in the heavier yeti

Nice, I like that jungle green. Unfortunately my wife doesn't share our vision and is insisting on white. Toying with moon white, but will probably go candy white to help keep the price in check.

I do like white - had it on my last Yeti with the black Matterhorns. Thought I would go for a change this time. Thanks for the info on the rear LED lights.

In our house, the wife does not like anything that I like, so it's a no brainer........I just do/get what I want!

• Like 1