No bend lighting (AFS) function

I experienced the same warning message (""No bend lighting (AFS) function") on the MFD two days ago, after washing the car. Yesterday I didn't drive the car. Today the message had gone and the AFS worked properly.

A faulty/wet sensor?

I had this on mine where the fault was intermittent. Blade Skoda identified it as a faulty sensor in the wheel arch full of water. Not sure the price to fix it as it was covered under warranty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've just started to get the No bend lighting (AFS) message in my octavia scout 2010. The lights are all working, the front lights this morning did their little left to right up and down jiggle... 

I seem to have a few sensor warnings of late that appear on wet days, in particular TCS/ESP. I'm going to post about this in another thread.

Think it's damp causing woes? Or something else... 

Edited by northturton

• 10 months later...

I think you need to stop spamming any 'headlight' related thread.

You've been given some good solid advice on what you need to do on several other threads, we all want to help but you need to help us first.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VWGDT said:

It would be nice if all the re registered cars being used on our roads from other countries could have this system

Let me see you implement that on fixed halogen headlamps and xenons which don't have a steered beam

Just now, Santhosh said:

Tourist mode is not visible thts the problem how do i deactivate it????

Man, I'd ban you from the forum ... do you read after you write, you've already been given answers!

6 hours ago, Santhosh said:

Where is the answer bruh i didn't get it

The answer, which has been pointed out to you a few times by now, is that you need to get a diagnostic scan done on the AFS control module to see what the fault is. There is unlikely to be a quick  and/or cheap DIY fix here: AFS is a complex system with quite a few parts and any one of them could be at fault. There's also the possibility that the fault lies elsewhere in a different vehicle system that AFS collects data from.

A far from complete list of possibilities is: HID capsule (the bulb), ballast, servo motors in the headlamp unit, AFS control module, suspension ride height sensors, steering angle sensor, steering control module, BCM, wiring between all of these controllers and sensors, assorted relays and fuses. If you want to try throwing parts at it until its fixed you're looking a parts bill that could run to thousands of euro with no guarantee of fixing it.

You will need to get the car scanned with a VAG specific diagnostic tool such as VCDS, VCP or ODIS and work from there. If you can post that information here we might be able to help you further, but with the fault finding you have done and the information you've provided, there simply isn't enough information for anyone online at the other side of the world to work from.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, vborovic said:

implement that on fixed halogen headlamps and xenons which don't have a steered beam

I'd say that VWGDT is also referring to the stickers/cut outs/masks that we (right hand drive countries like the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland) have to put on our non-steered beam cars so that we don't dazzle drivers on the continent.

I've been dazzled by quite a few cars that have come here to Ireland for holidays - they rarely seem to have been adjusted or masked (not the halogen ones anyways).

Edited by TheRobinK
typo
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 08/02/2015 at 21:16, Alvaro said:

I experienced the same warning message (""No bend lighting (AFS) function") on the MFD two days ago, after washing the car. Yesterday I didn't drive the car. Today the message had gone and the AFS worked properly.

A faulty/wet sensor?

I've just had the same error message come on after driving through a huge (200m+) puddle. Am hoping that it's just water in the wrong place and that like you it fixes itself...

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys,

Did anyone manage to get a vcds security code for module 55 Headlight range ? I'm struggling with coding the new unit control unit (car crash) and i need to reset to basic settings. Octavia VRS 2014

• 10 months later...

I've run the VCDS diagnostics and get the following for afs system

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 55: Headlight Range (J745)       Labels:. 5M0-907-357-V3.clb
   Part No SW: 5M0 907 357 F    HW: 7L6 907 357 C
   Component: AFS-ECU       H04 0111  
   Revision: --------    Serial number: --------------
   Coding: 01C600003F000000
   Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00999
   ASAM Dataset: EV_HeadlRegulVWAFSPt 002016
   ROD: EV_HeadlRegulVWAFSPt_VW46.rod
   VCID: 372B20CE6FCE78E3829-8062

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 8U0 941 329     HW: 8U0 941 329   Labels: 3D0-941-329.CLB
   Component: LeiMo links  H01 0005
   Coding: 8E0000

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 8U0 941 329     HW: 8U0 941 329   Labels: 3D0-941-329.CLB
   Component: LeiMo rechts  H01 0005

1 Fault Found:
5279249 - Signal Line for Position Sensor for Right Swivel Module
          C108E 11 [008] - Short to Ground
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 27
                    Reset counter: 143
                    Mileage: 124071 km
                    Date: 2020.11.26
                    Time: 11:49:22

Can anyone advise me which part is at fault? Is it 7L6 907 357 C, which seems to be a control module? Is this easy to replace?

8 minutes ago, Martyf said:

I've run the VCDS diagnostics and get the following for afs system

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 55: Headlight Range (J745)       Labels:. 5M0-907-357-V3.clb
   Part No SW: 5M0 907 357 F    HW: 7L6 907 357 C
   Component: AFS-ECU       H04 0111  
   Revision: --------    Serial number: --------------
   Coding: 01C600003F000000
   Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00999
   ASAM Dataset: EV_HeadlRegulVWAFSPt 002016
   ROD: EV_HeadlRegulVWAFSPt_VW46.rod
   VCID: 372B20CE6FCE78E3829-8062

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 8U0 941 329     HW: 8U0 941 329   Labels: 3D0-941-329.CLB
   Component: LeiMo links  H01 0005

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 8U0 941 329     HW: 8U0 941 329   Labels: 3D0-941-329.CLB
   Component: LeiMo rechts  H01 0005

1 Fault Found:
5279249 - Signal Line for Position Sensor for Right Swivel Module
          C108E 11 [008] - Short to Ground
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 27
                    Reset counter: 143
                    Mileage: 124071 km
                    Date: 2020.11.26
                    Time: 11:49:22

Can anyone advise me which part is at fault? Is it 7L6 907 357 C, which seems to be a control module? Is this easy to replace?

Short to ground suggests failed sensor or wiring damage in the right headlamp swivel position sensor. Replacing the control module probably won't help at this point.

• 2 weeks later...