VCP (Vag Can Pro)

hkp

• 2 weeks later...

Easy Entry is now possible, too.

Rain closing for Octavia 3 must be different. Code 06885D. The coding from triumph61 is for golf 7.

by

Cyber

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Edited by cybertech1976

Recently, I have noticed (normally in Google searches for coding) a 'competitor' called Vag Can Pro. Has anyone used it? Is it better or worse than VCDS or just different? The website is vag-tech.eu

Still windows only :( No sale for me, even if it would be suitable to talk to my Rapid. As it is I'm still waiting to see if ross-tech ever get VCDS-Mobile going and how much they'll charge for it.

• 3 years later...

@Eddie-NL @andyvee @mikeholroyd @MarcH do any of you know of a UK VCP owners register?

I’m trying to find someone in Kent with it as I’m not sure if I will get the use out of buying my own when I only want to use it to close the electric hatch from the centre console button in my Superb MKIII (which if I am honest may not use...) do any of you get much call for coding things that VCP can do over VCDS?

Either that or are any of you taking your VCP to the national meet this year?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gizmo68 said:

@Eddie-NL @andyvee @mikeholroyd @MarcH do any of you know of a UK VCP owners register?

I’m trying to find someone in Kent with it as I’m not sure if I will get the use out of buying my own when I only want to use it to close the electric hatch from the centre console button in my Superb MKIII (which if I am honest may not use...) do any of you get much call for coding things that VCP can do over VCDS?

Either that or are any of you taking your VCP to the national meet this year?

Sorry for putting the itch back in your head, if I manage to achieve the center console mod I will let you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, mikeholroyd said:

There is a VCP owners page on facebook which might show a member out there who would be prepared to help out.

Mike

Not come across anyone yet in Ireland with VCP, loads in Europe and a handful so far in mainland UK

https://www.facebook.com/groups/185216408658995/

Edited by Gizmo68

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, yfaykya said:

I bought one. But now I don't know where to find the correct "firmware" file to upload. Any ideas?

Thanks!

VCP support should point you in the right direction :)

• 1 month later...

If your "subscription" with VCP has not lapsed, you should be able to download it onto your dongle as soon as you connect to the internet. Without subscription you will remain on the level when it ran out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

do you have any experience with the extremely cheap VCP adapters sold on e-bay?

I can't believe, that they can be useful an not harmful for 15-20$.

And why do they zoom on one of the chips inside the adapter? What significance does it have?

Edited by Gizmo
Links removed

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2017 at 14:16, mikeholroyd said:

the main thing I've used it for is safely accessing byte 18 on the BCM Octavia and Superb, and a couple of gateway reflashes for fatigue detection. Apart from a full recalibration of the DSG settings on my own Octy, that's about all it has been used for, and given the time again, I doubt whether I would invest in VCP again. Even working on a Golf 7 was done with VCDS.

Mike

Mike,

What models did you do the fatigue detection (MKE) on? A SII by any chance? I flashed my 7N0 gateway tried to activate it on our SII. I can activate it in MFD in the settings (tickbox), but it does not seem active.

Just now, 26DIPP said:

What models did you do the fatigue detection (MKE) on? A SII by any chance? I flashed my 7N0 gateway tried to activate it on our SII. I can activate it in MFD in the settings (tickbox), but it does not seem active.

Mike isn't on the forums atm.

What do you mean by it doesn't seem active? Can you post a full autoscan?

I started this thread about MKE. I did not get the ZDC container as my subscription with VCP ran out and I did not renew it. I flashed with SGO files and an xml. I do not get the "warning" even when the MKE is activated in assistance in the MFD.

What values have you got in group 6, 7 and 8 measuring blocks for the gateway?

Not exactly sure how to access them using VCP, they should have names with fatigue detection in, or at least they do in VCDS.