mkiii octy VRS delivery and ownership / Review

quick update on mine.

I eventually got around to giving it a decent detail.

Its got the whole winter/new car treatment of

wash

clay

tardis and iron-x (to be fair the paintwork was in really good condition from the factory journey)

wash

a quick going over with sonax perfect finish on the DAS6-pro

IPA

then gtechniq c2v3 for the winter.

10123701455_149b9bdc75_o.jpg

I have got some DLUX for the wheels and plastics but every time ive gone to apply it the forecast for the following day has been awful and it needs 24 hours to dry!

on a downside I have had some faults with the car and have parts on order with the dealer.

Ive had the passenger seatbelt unit pack up and its now very difficult to unplug the unit and it needs a good pull to release it.  This is being replaced.

Also my rightmost button on the steering wheel which selects the maxidot options started sticking in and wouldnt pop out :(  It got worse with the cold weather so is being replaced.

Its felt like the steering wheel has pulled slightly to the left since I got it so asked the dealer to look at it when it was in but they didnt believe me and blamed it on road camber.  It still pulls to the left even when straddling the white line and the steering is horizontal so ive given up on this one at the moment.  MIght get a 4 wheel alignment done when its in for tyres to replace the contis with michelins.

Economy at 2000 miles on the DSG...  Around town its pants to be honest which hangs around 39-40 but on long runs I can get 50+ if im careful so its better than my manual 170 VRS on the long runs but worse around town.  I still love the DSG though as its so easy to drive and the manual option is being used quite a bit on country roads :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, just came across this review, very nice, may I ask which colour black are the wheels on your mk2 to octy? I have the hatch version and want the wheels blackish but yous look like a satin black