Dog Guard & Boot Liner

Spoke with local Skoda dealer Octavia vRS Estate, dog guard £190 fitted & the boot liner £75 the question is any alternatives that are a good fit.

Cheers

Edited by mrj2k8

Be careful with the dog guard, we ordered one for our VRS Estate and the dealer called us as the technician fitting it was not happy about having to cut 4 holes in the headlining to fit it. We deceided not to have it and will be looking round for another one - not the genuine one we wanted originally.

the rubber boot liner is a very good fit and looks to be hardwearing

• Like 1

Right,

Dog guard. Travall seem to have a good name ;and supply dealer fit guards for ford I believe) but haven't produced a guard (or boot divider - google it, great things and miss it from my x-type!) yet! They need a car to measure and test fit - or at least they did when I emailed them a few weeks ago but they are too far away for my to take up their offer of free guard and divider in turn for borrowing my car to measure!

Boot liner. Try hatchbag.co.uk They are not cheap but my wife and I have had 6 of them over out last 6 cars (funnily enough) and they really have been worth the money. Made to measure, made to order and made in Britain (if that bothers you one way or the other). Again I emailed then a few weeks ago and the planned to have a boot liner available for the mk3 this month. And the plus side is we've managed to sell them on and got at least half out money back on each one (so far).

• Like 1

Travall guards are great, had one for a Mk5 Golf (that also fitted the Mk6) and also an 08 Polo. I have found however that their range is limited and they only commission new guards if there is adequate demand for them.

I had real trouble getting one for my old Fabia vRS estate and wasnt going to pay a mint to have the Skoda one fitted as that also had to be drilled.

Ended up with a saunders one for that but it was overpriced tat if I have to be brutally honest, did the job but it disnt fit great and rattled like a bag of spanners wasnt cheap either.

Travall just got back to me.....

Thank you for your enquiry.
We are planning to make the Dog Guard only for the Skoda Octavia Estate 2013 and it will available in around 6 months.

Ouch 6 Month.

Oh my lord 6 months!! I didnt think that travall were going to take THAT long!! However, just had both my hounds in an octy estate without a guard for the last week without any problems. Might have to look elsewhere tho as 6 months is a long time to wait for a guard yet I refuse to have one drilled into a new car lol

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my Titancovers boot liner installed.

Posted Image

I am quite chuffed with it, cut and fits well. I just need to fiddle with it to smooth out some of the creases.

I got it from their eBay store, you get all the 'extras' from their website (boot flap, split seats) including in the £77 price.

Just need to get a proper dog guard sorted now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Posted Image

I am quite chuffed with it, cut and fits well. I just need to fiddle with it to smooth out some of the creases.

I got it from their eBay store, you get all the 'extras' from their website (boot flap, split seats) including in the £77 price.

Really like that, how does it attach, Velcro?

What's it made from? Looks like woven fabric or is it "tarp" type material?

It attaches with Velcro around the sides and clips around the three headrests.

It's made from a woven plastic/fabric, waterproof. Seems hard wearing

• Like 1

Managed to get an official rubber mat with my order, just after a decent dog guard now, that isn't £190

I'm waiting for travall's to be available, not long now hopefully.

I've just picked up my new mk3 combi. Despite the cost we had ordered a dog guard. It wasn't fitted.

What we learned was this:

1. (As has been posted) some of the fittings involve drilling into the roof. But the holes need to be drilled by a special-Skoda supplied tool which does not tear up the roof liner in the process. My supplier had done just that 3 weeks ago. Dealer's impression was that because the guard is expensive, few dealers have been asked to fit them and may well not know that a Skoda-supplied tool has to be used. My dealer only found out when they contacted mission control at Skoda to get advice about the damaged roof liner.

2. The guard can remain in place whilst the rear seats are folder down.

3. The guard can be removed by the owner using an 'ordinary' spanner. But my dealer is checking that!

4. Guard, when it is situ doesn't interfere with the boot cover.

Edited by Maturin

Posted Image

Ordered a black one off their eBay store, cheers for the heads up!

Ordered a black one off their eBay store, cheers for the heads up!

Do you have a pic of the black one installed? Think I'm going to go for one of them too! Look really good!

Do you have a pic of the black one installed? Think I'm going to go for one of them too! Look really good!

No, couldnt find any pics on their website and mine isnt here yet but i'm guessing its the same as the grey one but more discreet.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone experience of this dog guard please?         item number on ebay 271300611926 described as a genuine Skoda Part for Octavia 3 Estate

Any knowledge as to how it would be affixed, as in would it interfere with safety bags etc?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and impressions

Excuse the small printing, I must have pressed a button!

I took delivery of my vRS Estate four days ago. The dealer charged me £150.00 for the Skoda dog guard which I must say is superb. I also ordered a boot liner which was £54.00.

Torchythomas, could you post a picture what the dog guard looks like fitted please? This is my next job and boot liner for the mutts.

Edited by RandomSkodaperson

Hi Octavia people

I used to mess around with dog guards but now I fully extend the 3 rear head rests on my Yeti.

This works well with my Springer on our 700 mile trips to southern France - he has the whole boot area to himself.

Should work on the Octavia  OK - but I'm concerned the boot area will be too big if I change to an Octy hatch or estate.

Any comments on this last point?

Dave