Headlight washers

LOL wattsuk I agree with you if it was something important like a door. However, them not fully shutting isnt causing (me personally) any problem at the moment and like I say they seem to be shutting more now than when i first noticed it. It would be an inconvenience to me to have to try and book time to take the car to the dealers (i've only had it since friday night!) so unless someone says it def wont resolve itself Im not in any hurry (much rather be out driving it!). If it was setting off the alarm / catching on something / not actually washing the lights / rattling in the wind, I would be more concerned.

Got to disagree . It is a fault. Should not neeed to wear in parts."It's ok Skoda i'll just put up with my car being un able to shut my door, I'm sure itwill wear in!!"

Yeah you're right,I should have rejected my car at the dealers cos the tyres, brakes, engine etc needed wearing in......

I agree with the conclusions, that suggest that this is a fault that should not be present in a new car.

Mechanism should have been tried and test at development stage.

Currently on my own Mk3, there would not appear to be a problem . Perhaps  I'm currently in a small % of okay operationally owners.

Begs the question what % are like this. What feed back has Skoda UK had via dealerships.

Was the MK2 similarly equipped ? If so what was owners experience?

Its not exactly "Rocket Science" technology!!

• Like 1

Mine actually (almost) behaved itself at the dealers on Monday. Just the near side one needed pushing home. Not half as much as it did though.

They thought it would be a quick fix but as it's the first vRS they've worked on they'd rather allow decent time in case it's a bigger job than they thought

• Like 1

I wonder if rather than it being tight fitting components whether the pipework is not fully releasing the water pressure so the washers stay lifted slightly. The owner then pressing the headlight washer down is pushing the water back to where it should go ?

Perhaps the dealer will remove the pipework to the affected washers and check how free the parts are then investigate how water pressure is relieved when the washers have done washing.

Just a thought.......................

Off to the dealers this morning, have noticed if I pull out the affected washer jet and look where the alignment pins go the section behind the bumper the paint is being worn away, as if the alignment pin is too large.

Well I'll see how it goes this morning.

Okay, back from the dealers, have been told the cover is out of shape. They swapped over the cover from their VRS demo and it was retracting correctly. New cover on order, then painting then they are going to send a tech out to me to save me another 40 mile round trip to fit the new part, can't ask for better service . . . As long as it fixes the fault ! !

• Like 1

Thats good news. Mine still werent quick retracted yesterday so nudged them shut. However today they didnt wash the lights when I did the windscreen. Will have a proper look later on tonight if I can. If they arent washing the lights now either I will def have to go see the dealer! I have already mentioned it in an email though.

Thats good news. Mine still werent quick retracted yesterday so nudged them shut. However today they didnt wash the lights when I did the windscreen. Will have a proper look later on tonight if I can. If they arent washing the lights now either I will def have to go see the dealer! I have already mentioned it in an email though.

You do know they don't wash the lights every time don't you?

Headlights are washed every first and every 10th time you use windscreen washers. The counter resets every time you turn off the car so the headlight washers should work in this particular case. 

Did a little video of mine the other day to see the double wash, it does one short one then a longer one.

th_Video17-10-2013151224.jpg

Maybe it does a prewash followed by the main wash....maybe the Mk IV will have a spin cycle too?

Edited by bouff34
  • Like 2

Neily03 mentioned on page 1 that his wash twice. I guess that must be the way they should work as I noticed yesterday that mine also wash twice.

From the manual;

The headlights will be cleaned once the ignition is on and always upon the first
and after every tenth spraying of the windscreen, when the low beam is switched
on.
Each time the headlamps are cleaned each lamp is sprayed twice.
You should remove stubborn dirt (such as insect residues) from the headlight lenses
at regular intervals, for example when refuelling. The following guidelines
must be observed » page 207, Headlight lenses.