Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Grizzle

So how are people finding these? I'll probably want 205/40/17's but can't find any in stock. Would this be fine on the vRS? Any worth going to 215 instead or would there be more understeer?

Issue you'll probably find Mart is that Uniroyal aren't allowing sales of RS3s in sizes where they have RS2s left.

I recevied a call from Camskill telling me exactly that when i ordered mine for the now RIP fabia.

Took an increased load rating - which they were allowed to sell - at the same price.

still sat in the garage under a sheet though :(

Issue you'll probably find Mart is that Uniroyal aren't allowing sales of RS3s in sizes where they have RS2s left.

I recevied a call from Camskill telling me exactly that when i ordered mine for the now RIP fabia.

Took an increased load rating - which they were allowed to sell - at the same price.

still sat in the garage under a sheet though :(

Yeah I've found this. I ordered from a supposed Uk company yet they came from Denmark/Germany. I ordered Sunday evening and they turned up today. They have sharkskin technology apparently

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question about the directional aspect of the tyres.

Considering they're not directional, does this mean that the curved section of tread on these tyres points in opposite directions on each side of the car?

I'll be buying a set of tyres soon, and was thinking of going for some of these, but can't help but think they'll look a little odd if this is the case.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

I am looking to buy some of these and I'm sure the straight channels should be on the inside of the car but then would mean the curved channels are going different ways on each side of the car?

Does anyone have an answer to this?

I am looking to buy some of these and I'm sure the straight channels should be on the inside of the car but then would mean the curved channels are going different ways on each side of the car?

This is correct.

The tyres have an inside edge and an outside edge. Once fitted to the wheel correctly the wheel can be used on either side of the car (great for spare wheels!). I had a similar design on my Cordoba (Avon ZV3) and it does look a little odd, like they are on wrong, but they are not!

They are assymetric. Means they have an inside and an outside marked on the tyres. Also means you can use them on any side.

I've had mine 2 weeks and wet grip is stunning. Set my record time from work to home in damp conditions. In the dry however there is more understeer than the PS3's but then that tyre is £110+ now.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Uniroyal Rainsport 2s and will be putting the 3s on the Fabia when the time comes to change. In my opinion they are hard to beat in terms of cost and wet weather performance, and their dry weather performance is good although there are better in this respect.

• Like 1

The RS3's are a good step up from my parents rain experts. They almost look like a winter tyre. Wet grip stinning and unless you act like an idiot the dry grip isn't that bad. It will default to understeer but this is a combination of things. My vRS for the last 20k has had less grip on the rears so if I flicked it into a corner it turned better. Now they are all the same. Not a major problem, just pick the right lines to suit.

• 4 weeks later...

This is correct.

The tyres have an inside edge and an outside edge. Once fitted to the wheel correctly the wheel can be used on either side of the car (great for spare wheels!). I had a similar design on my Cordoba (Avon ZV3) and it does look a little odd, like they are on wrong, but they are not!

And a pic to demonstrate:

IMAG0039.jpg

• Like 1

Just ordered these for the Octavia, but there is a waiting period for these. So will report back in May once there are fitted.

Ordering wait?

I had a full set fitted to my Octavia (225/40/18) today, fitters near my work place ordered these on the 7/8th April :)

Drivers side looks wrong. It looks like it will force the water back to the middle of the tyre.

I know it looks wrong, but as discussed earlier in the thread, these new tyres are asymmetrical not directional and are fitted correctly. The inside of the tyre is different to the outside and have marking on the sidewall that state it.

Notice like the parent company Continental and it's new ContiPremiumContact 5, there appears to be an additional wear bar for wet weather performance (indicated by a rain drop symbol on the side wall); this I measured at 4mm on the new factory fitted Contact 5's supplied with our Octy III, with a total tread depth of close to 8mm.

TP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just fitted the 225/45/17 to my VRS MK1 Octavia on the front as first wanted to see what they were like

Purchased from Camskill to at £66 each and fitted for £14 each makes a good deal.

I had Nankang NS2's fitted which ok are cheaper by £16 each but jesus that's the only positive on Nankang.

- In dry the Nankang were not bad.

- In the wet terrible

- noise level terrible

- wear rate terrible (10 months. approx 7k miles)

The RS3's well

- The noise level is fantastic

- the wet grip is awesome

- the dry grip great

so far done only 50 miles but impressed 

The side wall is a little higher than my older NS2's that were same size 225/45/17(maybe that just coz NS2's were worn). Could of probably done with a 40 profile but went for the correct size to 17 "wheel.

So a big thumbs up from me.... :rock:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah i got my Rs3  205/45-16 (Y) tyres about 2 months ago...And what i think ...I LOVE those tyres. My old ones was some cheap **** crap "tyres"
These new ones works so nice everyway and prise wasnt that bad at all.