The Superb II & FL Picture thread

What does everyone think to these VRS Grill stripes? I haven't actually done it, these are photoshopped, but I saw a kit of vinlyl tapes on eBay for £6 and thought I might add them to brighten up the old girl (or old grill!). 

I'm about 70:30 in favour of doing it at the moment.

I don't think I'll get a VRS badge.

IMG_20190608_202113_822.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bridgerectifier said:

What does everyone think to these VRS Grill stripes? I haven't actually done it, these are photoshopped, but I saw a kit of vinlyl tapes on eBay for £6 and thought I might add them to brighten up the old girl (or old grill!). 

I'm about 70:30 in favour of doing it at the moment.

I don't think I'll get a VRS badge.

IMG_20190608_202113_822.jpg

On a Superb??????????...............Why would you?:thumbdown:Leave it in the photobooth.:movie:

• Like 4

On 05/06/2019 at 21:23, Tulseface said:

This is my Skoda Superb Black Edition on 20" Skoda Vega alloys, lowered on Eibach 30mm springs I've also fitted the flat bottom steering wheel instead of the boring 4 arm one, full led bulbs in the interior and changed the kph to large mph I've still got some things to do but I think it's beautiful. 😊

IMG-20190605-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20190605_211905.jpg

Love that steering wheel. What is it out of? Wouldn't mind one of them for mine, is it a direct fit?

8 hours ago, Big Lee said:

Love that steering wheel. What is it out of? Wouldn't mind one of them for mine, is it a direct fit?

Hi I bought it off eBay and I think it was out of a fabia as for fitting it was dead easy the airbag from the original 4 arm steering wheel was a direct fit just make sure you have a car with the same button setup on the steering wheel

On 09/06/2019 at 10:28, TheRobinK said:

I definitely wouldn't do that on A Superb. You've got a classy cruiser in a classy colour there - don't mess it up. 

Ha ha, I like that, Robin. A classy cruiser! I'll keep it that way.

10 minutes ago, Bridgerectifier said:

Ha ha, I like that, Robin. A classy cruiser! I'll keep it that way.

Had three (2009,2012 & 2014 FL) Mk2 Superbs and didn't modify any of them (not easy for me because I like to tinker) because they are just about perfect for what they are designed to do, carry people and luggage in great comfort. S class space for Passat money.:thumbup:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Big Lee said:

Brilliant, is your car a facelift? As mine is a pre facelift and I don't know wether the 4 arm wheels are the same? 

Yes mine is a facelift so I wouldn't be sure if it'd work on yours

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Zebidee said:

New to the forum and my new car . Collect 19th September. DSG 170bhp only 10k miles on the clock.

fcbe4c0e76f14fd5822931d4191df2dd2.jpg

Wow that's a rare find for a Mk2. Had the Elegance trim (one below your L & K) on a 14 plate in Brilliant Silver and remember the road tax was only £30 per year due to the 119gm/co2. It was actually one of my favourite Skoda's that I've owned. Only had the 140PS diesel engine and manual gearbox. Unfortunately the clutch went at 11,500 miles and decided to sell it after the free replacement under warranty.:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Mine is a 63 plate, think i saw that road tax is £160. Not 100% sure as Ive looked at so many before deciding on this one. Drove perfectly so hoping clutch is ok on mine. 😯

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tuningmania said:

20190921_103035.jpg

20190921_104627.jpg

20190922_151900.jpg

20190920_180834.jpg

Mhhh, nice display, how do you manage to have this ?

Is it the Polar FIS+ ?

I have heard from a German colleague who owns an Octavia that he decided not to install it because he was told it would make noise / instabilities on the OBD

Any feedback ?

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2019 at 20:05, Liger1956 said:

Is the ski slope in the second picture in Kranjska Gora?

No, but close. It was taken at Nordic center Planica, arround 5 kilometres away from Kranjska Gora.

I own a 2012 Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI MT. It has done 71000kms . My coolant light was blinking on the odo so i topped up the coolant and it was gone but after a week it came on again and as i checked the water pump i saw that coolant has leaked and solidified all over the water pump and the belt cover. Is this a 100% water pump failure or some seals are broken?? Kindly help.IMG_20191125_215351.thumb.jpg.876a71093064e3f19f5a0258864a59ee.jpgIMG_20191125_215348.thumb.jpg.49ff1b74fa06cef654f1c65609f8b302.jpg

17 hours ago, SuperbRaj09 said:

I own a 2012 Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI MT. It has done 71000kms . My coolant light was blinking on the odo so i topped up the coolant and it was gone but after a week it came on again and as i checked the water pump i saw that coolant has leaked and solidified all over the water pump and the belt cover. Is this a 100% water pump failure or some seals are broken?? Kindly help.

Its  a common problem on 1.8 tsi engines, water pump tends to leak at relatively low mileage. Get it replaced with a new one and also change the timing belt, and you are good for next 150kkm.

1 hour ago, Mcturk said:

Its  a common problem on 1.8 tsi engines, water pump tends to leak at relatively low mileage. Get it replaced with a new one and also change the timing belt, and you are good for next 150kkm.

Heyy Mcturck thanks a lott for your reply..

Is it necessary to change the timing belt too??What if i don't get it replaced now as i am not facing any problem regarding it?? Will there be any problem??

1 hour ago, SuperbRaj09 said:

Heyy Mcturck thanks a lott for your reply..

Is it necessary to change the timing belt too??What if i don't get it replaced now as i am not facing any problem regarding it?? Will there be any problem??

Its recomended that you do, there wont be any problems if you dont, but you alredy have to remove the old belt to change the pump, and the belt isnt that expensive, so you might change that while you are at it, so you dont pay twice for the same job.

Oh and and I ment serpentine belt, your engine has a timing chain and not timing belt, sorry for mesleading you.

Edited by Mcturk