Just seen rapid spaceback

Someone offers a potentially non-complimentary comment and they're a troll?

Sorry. I think the constant stream of people going out of their way to make ridiculous, unrealistic comments about the Rapid is wearing me down.

I have had more positive comments about the Rapid than any car I have owned previously, from people in real life. But on a Skoda forum....

• Like 3

More Audi A3 if you ask me   :)

Audi_A3_Sportback_front_20090714.jpg

+1 I saw one yesterday at the steelers whilst ordering one of the MK3 Octavia's before the price increases come in, first thing I thought was "Audi A3" that one was white too, anybody seen it in anything else yet.

Regards

T

My neighbour bought a rapid saloon a few months back, a kind of minty green mettalic. Wasn't too keen on the looks at first, thought it might grow on me; it hasn't. The back end looks as i someone has run into it.

Does that make me a troll? or is it acceptable to voice ones opinion on a forum? The latter I think.

Rapid Ronnie keep yer hair on we don't all share the same taste and opinions and we all have to accept that. 

My neighbour bought a rapid saloon a few months back, a kind of minty green mettalic. Wasn't too keen on the looks at first, thought it might grow on me; it hasn't. The back end looks as i someone has run into it.

Does that make me a troll? or is it acceptable to voice ones opinion on a forum? The latter I think.

Rapid Ronnie keep yer hair on we don't all share the same taste and opinions and we all have to accept that. 

You are more than entitled to voice your opinion, but in this case it is totally irrelevant, bearing in mind this thread is about the spaceback, not the saloon   :)

• Like 2

Of course you do not have to like the Rapid; it's just that there does seem to be a large number of people on here who go out of their way to come and make nasty comments about it.

Whatever happened to "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"

I'm not going to go out of my way to make nasty comments about anyone's car on here, it just makes for an unpleasant atmosphere.

• Like 1

The spaceback does look good unlike the saloon. I have seen a TV ad for the Spaceback some day this week. Not too sure it looks like an A3 on the other hand the Seat Leon SC does very much resemble an A3

Saw one of these in eh showroom yesterday. Looks fab on the outside, although to be fair as others have said would benefit from larger wheels. Just a crying shame the interior is of such poor quality imho.

The interior has got better than the saloon - but then there's nothing wrong with it anyway - same as the Roomster, Fabia, polo etc.

My neighbour has a mk6 golf gt tdi and had a nose round mine, liked it so much and has ordered a spaceback apparently!

I would have bought a spaceback had

It been out when I got the saloon one.

If Skoda were allowed (as ive no doubt they have been thwarted by VW), they could be onto a real winner with this car.

OK the Spaceback has an improved interior over the original Rapid, but its still not up to the same standard as an Octavia. With Skoda, it seems the interior goes downhill with the size. I can understand some people will want the current Spaceback interior because of price, but how about another trim level?

S and SE could have the current Spaceback interior, and the Elegance gets an Octy style interior. To be fair to those that prefer the current interior, but still want nice toys, Cruise will be standard on SE and above.  

This car is also crying out for the more powerful 2.0TDI. As well as a 1.4TSI pumping out the increased power.

Now im not a vRS person. Far from it. But the Spaceback also needs a vRS version.

Its a better looking car than the Golf, heck its even sportier looking than the Golf. Im assuming it is bigger than the Golf as well?? But it seems it has purposely remained an underwhelming car interior and engine wise. It doesnt need anything special either. It just needs what is already available.  

However I dont see VW allowing that. They realise the Golf would be on a hiding to nothing, and it would only appeal to badge snobs. But then even they'd be fighting with their head considering the price increase of a Golf.

i suppose i am the only one that likes the sallon-alike better than the space back :)

Nope, I prefer the liftback as well but then it's more suited to what I want from a car and I'm very much "not in the norm" which I've come to accept.

Most of the people posting here are based in the UK and in this country we have an unfathomable love affair with cars that don't extend more than 1cm beyond the rear window, probably because most can't reverse park for **** ;-)

I'm yet to see a spaceback for real (I might have a wander around the showroom near to work at dinnertime on Thursday), but from the pics it looks like a very smart car.

• Like 1

Nope, I prefer the liftback as well but then it's more suited to what I want from a car and I'm very much "not in the norm" which I've come to accept.

Most of the people posting here are based in the UK and in this country we have an unfathomable love affair with cars that don't extend more than 1cm beyond the rear window, probably because most can't reverse park for **** ;-)

I'm yet to see a spaceback for real (I might have a wander around the showroom near to work at dinnertime on Thursday), but from the pics it looks like a very smart car.

Very smart car on the outside. Especially with the glass roof and extended glass rear. But inside its still nowhere near the standard of an Octy, and ever model in the Skoda range should have at least one trim to this standard. I wouldnt touch it because of the interior. I changed from my '06 Focus Saloon for 2 reasons. Nicer interior and cheaper fuel/ tax costs. The Rapid cannot offer a nicer interior to my Focus, so it was a no no.

As for our love affair for cars with no boots. Yes, you seem to be right, but like you, I actually prefer something with a boot. A hatchback, but with a boot. Cars look better like this. Take away the style pack on the Spaceback, and what looks better- The original Rapid or the Spaceback? The Octy or the Spaceback?  

Popped in and saw the new yeti and new spaceback today, both great looking cars.

Spaceback let down with tiny wheels and no xenons - could have been tempted lol

The spaceback doesn't come with the great wheels it has in the advert apparently. That's European spec I was told

yes, very annoying I would choose those wheels if they were available 17 Rays I believe they are called

The spaceback doesn't come with the great wheels it has in the advert apparently. That's European spec I was told

Someone needs to inform them that the UK is actually part of Europe! :(

• Like 3

Yep, at the cinema on the big screen :D

looked very smart!!

And even on the TV - seen it a couple of times now:

Regardless of the wheel options available or not available in the UK - I think it is a very smart looking car. OK I've not physically seen one in the flesh yet but the profile looks clean, dimensions good and overall makes for a nice looking family hatchback. Very much in the Audi A3 Sportback mould.

If I was in the market for something of this size then it would certainly be in the list - the choice of engine, specification and options is another question altogether.

i seet in new rapid spaceback..just such as the tv advertising with an ugly dog :giggle:

the interior is much better then the sedan.

i don t have a pic..like this one.

http://www.avto.net/_AVTO/ad.asp?ID=7943132&show=2

or this one..

http://www.avto.net/_AVTO/ad.asp?ID=7886331&show=2

I'm interested ... if someone knows?

New Rapid spaceback has EA211 1.2 TSI engine or an old EA 111 ???