Insurance @ 21 years old on mk1 fabia vrs

Metty92

Hey guys, just wondering what peoples insurance is a year at 21 for a fabia vrs and what company they are with please.

Hopefully it will give a comparison on prices for the age and whether it's high or low.

Mine is £657 with elephant

Thanks,

Ollie

Paid £1600 at the start of the year when i was 21, fully comp, 2 year NCB, all mods declared and in a high risk post code, still not too bad.

Expecting a nice drop when i renew next year but doubt it will be much.

Edited by Harry1212

Interesting figures from everyone quite up and down, I guess like you said the area does change cost of insurance, but hopefully not only will it help me but also help others to have an idea on what they are paying

Just renewed with Direct line:

24, 5 years no claims, No claims/ points, 10k miles, £550.

23, 5 years no claims, no claims / points (at the time), 15K miles, £480. Only quoted as I'm with direct line, so I guess you can see the post code makes a big difference too as well as job I suspect?

• Like 1

I do recommend elephant insurance if people are struggling to get a reasonable insurance quotes. They seem to be very good, reputable, and VERY COMPETITIVE.

My insurance was up for renewal today which was £657 for the renewal 4th year driving (no claims). However my excess seemed to be quite high, got that changed over to 250 excess which took it up to £722 a year. I had actually found a cheaper insurance quote else where, so i was not happy with that price, for which i told them. 

As it's my 3rd year with them, they looked into getting that price down for me by changing a coupe of things and gave me a loyalty discount. 

The final premium for the year has now come out to £633 a year @ 21 years old which i'm pretty happy with.

• Like 2

23, 5 years no claims, no claims / points (at the time), 15K miles, £480. Only quoted as I'm with direct line, so I guess you can see the post code makes a big difference too as well as job I suspect?

Post code is a major factor, I've just moved to a "better area" where my insurance has dropped in price as expected. Unfortunately, there has been an increase in crime in my area so that probably justifies the price.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of factors in insurance,  It's all about demographics for the insurer's books.

The insurer doesn't want to insure too many cars in a certain area, if a flood hit and lots of claims come in they would be out of business.

Working in insurance, I do get as many quotes as possible with my "ideal" criteria - e.g. I want fully comp, I want no more than £250 excess, etc..

Get as many quotes as possible - it might be that quoting on one day a certain insurer will quote you £1,000 and a few days later they quote you £700. It all depends on how their risk has changed in the meantime.

Brokers can often negotiate the cheapest quotes - e.g. if we get an insurance company 1,000 policies per month can we have a 10% discount, which they often pass onto to the consumer as they assess their risk.

My advice - get quotes from brokers and then from the insurer directly - see how this fits with your budget / requirements.

http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car-insurance-explained/car-insurance-postcode-risk-list.html

Post code is a major factor, I've just moved to a "better area" where my insurance has dropped in price as expected. Unfortunately, there has been an increase in crime in my area so that probably justifies the price.