December orders club! pull up a chair, we could be here a while

Call from dealer today, still no further info, ordered 19/12/13 i'm trying my best to forget about it now Skoda UK don't seem bothered but like Fewie not too keen on alternatives i like the Leon but like the Octavia much much more! Hopefully end of April / start of May like dealer has always said it will be some difference going from my Pug 1.1 which was bought as a stop gap.

Hi all vrs tdi white with a few extras on order. Ordered 17th of December and phoned SUK today and it's still showing as BW12 although not confirmed god I do hope it stays that way.

Edited by N19ALE

Ok, latest update. Car has left the factory and is on its way to the dealer. So if we assume 2 weeks and a collection date of around 15th March, that'll be 14 weeks from order to delivery.

Ok, latest update. Car has left the factory and is on its way to the dealer. So if we assume 2 weeks and a collection date of around 15th March, that'll be 14 weeks from order to delivery.

That is amazing...unreal..just adds more mystery to whats going on in that factory. ?

Aye, if you were going for the Mazda I would say the 2.2 175ps diesel would be the only option, petrol is too weedy IMO.

SC030TT, nice one, that's a positive speedy turnaround in vRS terms :happy:

Test drove a 320d Touring over the weekend and will be cancelling the vRS order today as a result.

Hugely disappointed by Skoda mainly by the lack of information and updates. It really shouldn't be down to the customer to chase for information and I never got updates when I was told I was going to from the dealer.

It would have been my fourth vRS since 2003 (with a brief stint in a Golf GTD).

I called a BMW dealer on Saturday morning and got a test drive in the afternoon. Very impressed with this as there were lots of 14 plates awaiting collection! I called another BMW dealer on Sunday and got a call back within 10 minutes! Skoda should learn something from this maybe.....

I do wonder how much of the JD Survey result is down to Skoda owners not having particularly high expectations.......

Hugely disappointed by Skoda mainly by the lack of information and updates. It really shouldn't be down to the customer to chase for information and I never got updates when I was told I was going to from the dealer.

When I ordered the car over christmas I too was promised regular updates on how my car was progressing....I've not had one. The 3 updates I've had I've had to phone them of email them for. Pretty disappointed.

^^ I'm in a similar situation, I always have to chase for update (or lack of!). I think Skoda are firmly to blame though, if info isn't filtering down to skoda UK let alone a dealership level then what can they do? It must be embarrassing and frustrating in equal measure to ring your customer simply to tell them you know no more a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

The first two updates progress had actually been made (ie I was assigned a BW of 21 or 22) but I hadn't been told anything and then the second time I phoned it has moved to BW17 but again I wasn't told. The 3rd time I just hadn't heard anything for a month so decided to chase and was told it was still BW17.

I'm guessing because everyone's orders are changing backwards and forwards they didn't want to tell me and get my hopes up but if that was the case they should never have said they will keep me updated every few weeks as these delays were there when I ordered.

The first two updates progress had actually been made (ie I was assigned a BW of 21 or 22) but I hadn't been told anything and then the second time I phoned it has moved to BW17 but again I wasn't told. The 3rd time I just hadn't heard anything for a month so decided to chase and was told it was still BW17.

I'm guessing because everyone's orders are changing backwards and forwards they didn't want to tell me and get my hopes up but if that was the case they should never have said they will keep me updated every few weeks as these delays were there when I ordered.

Just had yet another call from SUK to say that they are not giving provisional build weeks and they will confirm 1 week before build.  No indication of which side of next christmas that will be.

I get the imprssion they don't have the first clue and will say anything to get people off the phone.  As the above shows they are giving some provisional build weeks.

As my wife puts it "They couldn't lie straght in bed"................

Getting cheesed off.  The Mazda 6 Tourer sport is available on 3 weeks delivery with any option you like it.  But that really is not the point................

Everyone seems to get a different story - Theres been stories of restructures in the factory and everyones vRS has been cancelled (yet mine definitely hasn't and I am still sitting in the same build week as before this supposed restructure) - I'm guessing this story gets given to the people who haven't got a build week yet. Some have been told there are no build weeks. Some are told the factory still hasn't accepted their order. 

Skoda is definitely the most shambolic organisation (their communications at least) I have ever come across and I have worked with alot of local councils which take some beating. It isn't hard to communicate the same message to everyone. Either the head office are bull****ing everyone who phones or it's the dealers which I wouldn't be surprised at seeing as some on here are told they can change their order and others are told they can't and some have even found our their order was submitted to the factory alot later than when they actually ordered which must mean the dealers are holding back the orders deliberately to hit some monthly targets etc.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3
  • Like 1

Not the dealers, (although some dealers haven't done what they should from what has been posted by others) its SUK and communication or lack of, with the factory.

As regards build weeks etc, the dealers can not give you anything they don't have, and they are as much in the dark as the us :|

Perhaps we should get a briskoda petition on the go with all of us wanting solid info signing up ...  and approach SUK "on mass" to express our concerns.

• Like 1

Not the dealers, (although some dealers haven't done what they should from what has been posted by others) its SUK and communication or lack of, with the factory.

As regards build weeks etc, the dealers can not give you anything they don't have, and they are as much in the dark as the us :|

Perhaps we should get a briskoda petition on the go with all of us wanting solid info signing up ...  and approach SUK "on mass" to express our concerns.

Then if the dealers don't know they should be straight and say they don't know. Making up different stories (there have been tens of different excuses on this forum that people have been given and it's impossible for them all to be true) isn't helping them.

Then if the dealers don't know they should be straight and say they don't know. Making up different stories (there have been tens of different excuses on this forum that people have been given and it's impossible for them all to be true) isn't helping them.

I couldn't agree more, I have received different information from the dealer compared to SUK in the past. Not to mention the fact that most of the time I've had to ask the dealer what's going on, it's generally not been volunteered and their communication has been poor. It looks like I'm not alone in this either.

Today the dealer gave me a confirmation of BW15. Originally ordered late-November. But I'm not holding my breath...

TBH my dealer has been good, there hasn't been updates so I don't see much point in them phoning or emailing to say no news.

When they have some news be it good or bad, I am happy they will let me know, I do feel like they are taking the flak a lot of the time.

The only thing you can do if you are unhappy with how the dealers handle it is vote with your feet, either this time or next depending on your circumstances.

But SUK doesn't seem to be helping matters by either not telling us/them whats going on, or not finding out.

Ordered 5th December. Meteor Grey VRS 2.0TDI. Heated seats. Colour system. Not many extras. Confirmed build of next week. Then 21-28days for delivery!

13 weeks from order to build .... if the Skoda gods were kind and my order followed that, I would be looking at week 17 which I worked out is the last week of April = car here for mid/late May.

If only .... :blush:  

November order intruding on December discussion I know. BUT..... My early Nov order is now down to WK 15 as of Tuesday. Dropped from 19 in 2 weeks. So There's hope for December orders yet.But let me get mine first please........