2013 vrs interior in my mk2 vrs.... Yummy! Pics inside!

As promised, pics of the rears.

Old bench stripped.

5ab8ed8d72b1072cbba17f2c8cd06772_zpsa8b4

Fitting new covers to old bench.

be2efac594f7ae90ca2bfc97835d83b9_zps88e7

And in, there's still a little filling I need to do so remove some of the saggy ness in the centre, but I'm really please wi the result!

09d020b059febeff919b61bd1506f04e_zps292e

46a1819b4ab823d3a8f9a561780a8d87_zpsab41

• Like 3

You can, but for a clear answer you may wish to expand on your question?

But if you mean why would i swap the interior, why not? In my opinion the standard vrs trim is gash, and to say the octy vrs is skodas sport model, the trim is horrible, the mk4 vrs trim is stunning though, they have hit the nail on the head and i think its how it should have always been, plus i like the little red stripes...

Edited by _redders_
  • Like 2

I'm just struggling to see the benefit of attempting to shoehorn an interior into a car it isn't designed for. If you wanted a 2014 vRS interior then buy a 2014 vRS!

I appreciate you said most fits but surely you might be better leaving it as it is?

Maybe some people can't put their hands on £22 -£24k to "just buy a 2014 vRS"?

That look amazing. Well done on being brave enough to part with the cash to attempt something like this. And I agree with your comment about the mk2 VRS Interior. Skoda seem to have got it right with the new one!! 

Anyone remember "seat surgeons?" would have been cheaper to see what they could do with the old one, prob do any combination you like.. still, looks good though... where did the cup holders come from in the centre arm rest? is that from the new 2014 vrs or aftermarket?

There are a lot of people on here with no imagination or curiosity to step away from the norm.

Personally I love the seats, and if you can make something your own then why not! The standard vrs interior is uninspiring, hence the reason I changed my frot seats.

But you're right redders, if these people jumped into the world of e38 they would have a breakdown with all the people putting non oem parts on their cars

• Like 1

But i haven't had to shoe horn anything, everything has fit in without any real modification, so i had to swap the cover from one base to another, its not exactly cutting and shutting a trim in there, i have use of everything i did before including all isofix points etc, but IN MY OPINION, THIS is how the vrs trim should have always looked.

And to say, just buy a new vrs is a little daft, very few people can afford to do such a thing, and im not one of them, i see you too drive an mk2, i assume your happy with it and have left it as jt was meant to be, i, am not happy with mine and wanted my interior like that of the new vrs, so i changed it, i have no doubt ill provoke even more confusion from you when i fit my new Bentley wheels or golf r front and rear brakes?

Don't venture onto edition 38, you may have a melt down if you don't like this lol

Lol, Bentley Wheels? Golf R brakes? You trying to send me over the edge????

There are a lot of people on here with no imagination or curiosity to step away from the norm.

And there's nothing wrong with that either.

You may say those that don't stray from the norm have no imagination but they may have already weighed up the pros and cons or have different priorities to consider. Everybody's different, doesn't mean their opinion isn't valid.

My own build thread (here and on E38) regularly has tumbleweeds blowing through it, probably because all I've done is made it go much faster as a priority over spending 3 grand on air.

I like the seats, the pic showing the rear bench in position with the door car in the background draws me to the silver trim on the door and, to me, that doesn't quite work but could be the pic