VRS trashed at Grimsby Dock

Glad you have an update, and thanks for sharing with us.

I guess you can make a better decision on accept or re order once the car is properly assessed. I must admit though, my instinct is reject this one.

+1, I'm with Neil on this one. I wouldn't accept as it would be niggling away at me as to what damage has been done. Part of purchasing a new car is the naive belief that it's just rolled off the production line as good as new. That said there may be no option. You have my sympathy.

• Like 1

I suppose when you know how to do something, it becomes second nature. So if these criminals are doing this frequently, they probably know how to get in and out fairly quickly. So much for good security.

Anyway, at least the story does seem to slightly more believable now. As horrible as it is.

I would ask for a new one. I wouldn't want one with a history like that if I knew about it. What else might they have been done whilst they had access!!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

This happened to a mate a couple of years ago on a well specced Golf Edition 35, sat nav, seats, wheels, etc stolen. In their haste to put things right for him they essentially went through the dealer stocks of cars and picked one with the same spec except it just happened to be an .:R which they gave to him for the same money as the Ed35. :o

Make sure you are at least compensated for the inconvenience if you keep the car. Free service package or similar.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

My sympathies too, rotten thing to happen, especially when you were so close. I think I'd want a new one as well, also feel for the prospective owners of the other 15 cars that were damaged. I wonder if those would be owners are on these forums too?

I'm keeping my options open but will keep everyone updated as the story continues.

I want Daniel Craig to play my part when they make a film about it :giggle:

If I was about to receive a car from Grimsby that was delayed I might be a little cautious, same if I was buying a pre-registered Ex-Skoda UK car...ouch

This sort of theft is more common than you think. In Cheshire at the minute people are being targeted for BMW Mini wing mirrors! 

A pretty random thing to take but literally loads of BMWs with no wing mirrors knocking about because they keep getting stolen.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, they will fix it and it would be good as new. For all i know all of my seats, steering wheel, mirrors etc could of been stolen before delivery but if there was no delay in getting the car to me then the dealer wouldn't of told me.

Keith.

• Like 1

I suppose when you know how to do something, it becomes second nature. So if these criminals are doing this frequently, they probably know how to get in and out fairly quickly. So much for good security.

Anyway, at least the story does seem to slightly more believable now. As horrible as it is.

Are they not worth nicking for the airbags? Scumbags needing airbags for dodgy back street repairs. Or do airbags need to be coded to the individual car?

at least the stories a bit more clearer deano. mines at grimsby at the moment but iv told my dealer i will pick it up 1st march on the new reg he wasnt very happy like due to the partx price he gave me for my old car in nov probably. but thats his fault not mine.anyway if mines one of the 15 thts damaged the dealers got time to fix it and i wouldnt be non the wiser i suppose. gud luck m8

• Like 1

I think I agree with J306TD. 

I'm not so sure.  Damage to stock is just another business cost that they filter in to their margins.  Small damages will be repaired and affect their margin, bigger damages will be claimed from insurance.  When cars are shipped across the globe there will inevitably be damages let alone when they get to UK shores where the pond life we seem to be so good at breeding or inheriting decide to attack them.  What's important is how the customer whose car is damaged gets treated.  It looks on the surface like Deano has been treated fairly well with talk of either compensation or the offer of trying to fast track a new car at a discount.  It's difficult to see what more SUK or the dealer can do except work more quickly but as we all know, when lots of people are involved, as there invariably will be here, things can be slow.  Good luck with it Deano..

• Like 1

I wonder if you had any more news? It does seem mighty strange all round and i hope you are getting somewhere with it. Just as a matter of interest, what status did the car actually get up to? I ask this as my car has not been 'consigned to port' although others have taken delivery from the same build week as mine already. probably nothing, i'm just a bit wary after your experience.

I am amazed people can even get in

the tyne storage facilities have fences about 15 feet tall then another 4 foot of electric fencing on top of that..perimeter cameras all round as well as gated security posts and mobile patrols. 

the tyne storage facilities have fences about 15 feet tall then another 4 foot of electric fencing on top of that..perimeter cameras all round as well as gated security posts and mobile patrols.

tHats good to know cos thats where my estate is heading for

The thing is, you are assuming that its people on the OUTSIDE of the fence that are the issue. What if they are already INSIDE, if you see what i mean? Slightly off topic but years ago when I used to tech in nightclubs in London, the door staff would be stopping any drugs coming in from outside, because they were the ones selling the drugs on the inside!!

Well here is an interesting update. I finally got the parts list for my stolen steering wheel car which has clearly been in an accident. I have rejected the car and I'm awaiting the offer from Skoda on what they will do discount wise for the replacement.

Buyers beware Meteor Grey VRS Diesel hatch Vin No TMBBK9NE7E0125113

5E0419091KBGW STEERING WHEEL 1

5E0419685DYMS TRIM 1

5E0807217F FRONT BUMPER 1

5E0807905A FOIL 1

5E0839901 TRIM 1

5E0853369B9B9 LINING 1

5E08536872ZZ INSCRIPTION 1

5E0853761AF9R COVER STRIP 1

5E08671979B9 COVER 1

5E0880201BIZY AIRBAG 1

5E0885375E PADDING 1

5E0885405KBGO SEAT COVER 1

5E0885701E34E SIDE BOLSTER 1

5E0919719AWHS MULTI.BUTTON 1

5E5839431C5AP SLIDING WINDOW GUIDE 1

5E5839479 WINDOW SLOT SEAL 1

5E5845205B DOOR WINDOW 1

5E5845213J5AP SIDE WINDOW 1

5E5857447BRAA SEAT BELT 1

5E5867211 DOOR TRIM 1

5E5867765C9B9 TRIM 1

5G0886373 GROMMET 2

5J6853687ADBTK INSCRIPTION 2

5JA853621AUL SKODA EMBLEM 1

5JA8536872ZZ INSCRIPTION 1

5L0881743 CLIP 16

5Q0953549C ELEC.MODULE 1

N90799102 BOLT 1

• Like 1

Skoda and Security Company ,we need to see an explanation for this incident!

How can customers be reassured that this won't happen again.

Perhaps we can have some Skoda News on their website - any photos  and action plan to avoid the same.

Has anybody been sacked or company contract terminated? :wonder:

Deano,

Hope you get fully sorted soon and more !!   :wonder: