top speed

Mines more than 125 in my 1.8 tsi but my bottle gave out and the speed limiter sitting on my left was hurting my ears, all on the A6 in Germany if my memory serves me correctly..

146 was the most ive had but ive only had my one a week it was raining, cold and dark. the vrs managed it quite well could probably hit 150 -155 but that kinda speed in a car is pretty boring to be honest. Not really a rush and im left thinking, how much fuel is this drinking and by Christ this Is quiet.

150 odd on a bike is much more fun, well one with a fairing anyway, 140 odd on a naked bike and it feels like your arms are about to be pulled from their sockets. if you get hit with a bee at that speed it actually hurts....

Doctor Who borrowed mine, Light speed I believe plus a bit more, then he  dropped it into sport

inter stella galattica 

Do you really expect us to believe that?

We all know he hates yellow   :moon:

Nearly 150 on gps in Germany last year, still pulling but traffic in the way and I ran out of autobahn as was only going to Aachen. I've driven a 530d up to the Limiter at 155 a few years ago between Munich and Prague. Was surprisingly floaty, I thought the skud felt more connected

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Edited by stever750

Have a 1.6 tdi as well (combi) and mine on German Autoahn did not go faster then about 180 kmh (111 mph). Is your engine/ECU standard or remapped?

was that in forth gear?

from factory they will do around 197km/h.

yes mine is remapped but not to obtain a much higher top speed. (have done almost 35k after remapped)

Edited by alberg

was that in forth gear?

from factory they will do around 197km/h.

yes mine is remapped but not to obtain a much higher top speed. (have done almost 35k after remapped)

lol, nope, not in 4th gear, I just stopped pushing it as I had an audible speed limiter in the car (even if I do not think it would go much faster - it was fully loaded -, mine has 17000 kms on the clock).

Edited by ruiatalmeida

Aplologies to Alberg - didn't spot that he was from Portugal.  (My Portugese is crap, by the way.)

No stress :giggle:

here a small video( in fifth gear) on a stretch when going to work, had to let go before the road ended

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Iww26udVc

Edited by alberg

267 Kmh - 165 mph, on Maxidot as the speedo needle got stuck touching the fuel needle.

Only for 10 seconds, as my life flashed before my eyes, then got back behind a lorry for 1 hour at 50 mph :)

• Like 1