2014 2.0 TDI 150PS Dyno Results

• 2 months later...

has anyone got results from the new "trevor" DTUK box? could be very tempted for one for my new MK3

I was planning on putting my on dyno, although dyno is not cheap, however still not sure about enlarged dpf smell in my car while running the box. Maybe a coincidence? However never have experienced such strong smell before in my 5000 miles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys , I'm having problem with my dtuk box fitted to my 150 PS TDI skoda octavia ,coil symbol comes  with map3 , its running okay with map 2 up to 3rd gear after that it looses power. Anyone having this kind of problem?

That would suggest the map is too strong at that setting, turn it down until it stops going into limp home. I had this on my mk2 just a bit of tinkering then was fine but if you have to turn down too far then the benefit of extra power is lost, this may mean getting them to look at it for faults etc.  

May also be worth having it scanned with VCDS as there may be an underlying fault causing it rather than the box itself.

I had my map setting to 0 and air temperature is 40c . I mailed Andrew about the problem , he asked me to change the boost sensor and still I have this problem . I'm very frustrated coz its a very nice piece of kit ,used to this power I hate to drive it with the box removed . I have asked Andrew to check my box, still dint get a reply from him.

jabezdur, its a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so, its possible Andrew is away from home/internet (he does have a young family).  Unfortunately, boost pressure sensor failures have become quite common on the diesel engine, as suggested above play with the different maps and the fine tune until you get one that works.

Although, is this the older style tuning box which you have to move the jumpers to different pins inside the box to change maps/fine tune ? If so, check the connector block, if a pin (male connector) get slightly outta alienment it can push the female side outta the connector block givng some very weird faults.  Bent pins can be a nightmare to track down so, check and double check them all.

jabezdur, its a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so, its possible Andrew is away from home/internet (he does have a young family).  Unfortunately, boost pressure sensor failures have become quite common on the diesel engine, as suggested above play with the different maps and the fine tune until you get one that works.

Although, is this the older style tuning box which you have to move the jumpers to different pins inside the box to change maps/fine tune ? If so, check the connector block, if a pin (male connector) get slightly outta alienment it can push the female side outta the connector block givng some very weird faults.  Bent pins can be a nightmare to track down so, check and double check them all.

Thank you, yes Andrew told me he will contact me after 2 days and its the old box, I will check about what you said.

jabezdur, I'm curious to know if the issue occured at a setting previously fine for your engine.

BTW, what is your setting? I've read general agreement on 3+1.

TIA,

Yes I had it in 3 and not 3+1 , it worked fine for more than 8000 miles, and all of a sudden created these problems and weird ones too , like cutting power down and not accelerating after 3rd gear .

So you have replaced the boost pressure sensor and you still have the same problem ?

Is it always the same fault it throws up ? or you getting various faults ?

Multiple critical errors are synonymous of a bent pin/faulty connection.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Looked under my bonnet today and realised I was running 'still too icy to have fun' settings, so now its warm and dry.... back onto 3+3...... cant believe I forget to up the settings after the ice left!!!! Muppet...

So you have replaced the boost pressure sensor and you still have the same problem ?

Is it always the same fault it throws up ? or you getting various faults ?

Multiple critical errors are synonymous of a bent pin/faulty connection.

Yes I changed the boost pressure and got the same coil light warning and same set of errors in vcds.