Richard's mk1 Fabia thread. (Yes, I have a mk1 Fabia problem...)

BossFox

Seems a bit random that all the visible damage is a knackered alloy, yet it's knocked out the PAS? Unless I'm missing something.

Throw a 4-wheel alignment at it and see what happens :)

See what I mean...  :D

Lookers in South Woodham Ferrers.

They told me cost price was £1,000 over what I paid though, so had to go away, use carwow and then for a call if they were keen.

Which they did on the last day of the month so must have been close to a sales target.

Point taken..........

If you want to see real derailing try peeking at uk.railway on usenet!

My local dealer, if staying with SWMBO, perhaps I should try them out.

To get back to your Fabias, I know very little about the diesel vRS's, do they make good runabouts & are they too early to suffer from DPF problems?

I have to decide what to do about our cars soon, SWMBO likes her Octy so that's going to stay with us for a while, but I'm not so sure that the Superb was such a good idea, it sits in the garage most of the time & I use the Mondy instead.

Like you, I don't like the new Octy vRS enough to buy one, so maybe I need something sensible (IE a Fabia?) + some sort of fun car for vacations.

DC 

Last arrival today!

oe2m.jpg

The Ibiza 1.8t FR just turned up and I'm completely confused.

It's had a prang to the offside front alloy and the power steering doesn't work.

But everything else on the car is fine, other than the passenger side/seat airbag has gone off. There is no damage to that side.

So it's been written off (Cat D) for the sake of failed power steering and an airbag with no actual body damage.

Still starts and runs well with only 44k on the clock.

That's very tidy! I was tempted by a Fabia with similar issues but didn't manage to get to it before scrapped!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To get back to your Fabias, I know very little about the diesel vRS's, do they make good runabouts & are they too early to suffer from DPF problems?

Yes & yes

The Fabia Vrs is a brilliant all round car.

When is the other fabia for sale?

Now if you want it.

Price is as above, £1,800-odd.  Cant remember the other digits, busy weekend.

I've got the V5 for that too as it's not a "write off", it just has a lot of miles and the turbo was knackered.

It's parked up in my depot.

So Richard what is actually happening with the wrc kit now, what car is it going on?

To be honest I have no idea.

I was going to use the Pastywagon until the cost/hassle of the bent A post was worse than I thought.

Then I was going to use the odd green one, but I kind of like that quirky car as it is.

Then I was going to use one of the other Red vRS cars, but two have come up really well and the third is probably better broken for parts.

I also figured that long term I'd want a WRC replica to be petrol, so it would be easier to start with a petrol.

So you could say it's kind of on the back burner at the moment, simmering away until I get a flash of inspiration.

I also figured that long term I'd want a WRC replica to be petrol, so it would be easier to start with a petrol.

So you could say it's kind of on the back burner at the moment, simmering away until I get a flash of inspiration.

***FLASH***http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/310605-low-mileage-14-16v-fabia/***FLASH***

• Like 1

Tonight I have made the decision to ebay the two VRS's that are done.

So on Thursday I'll be putting the 06 and the 56 on there, ten day listing ending on Sunday evening.

I might even stick the breaker on there too, that I haven't messed about with yet.

No more silly PMs/offers.  Thought I was clear about what they cost me, but hey ho.

Job done.

Three more parking spaces free!

Woo Hoo !!! :)

• Like 1