Richard's mk1 Fabia thread. (Yes, I have a mk1 Fabia problem...)

BossFox

Not seen this thread for a few days and so much happens....can't believe the GT-R's for the chop. You've barely had it a week.

Six weeks I think.

I've done a GTROC meet, wedding and Castle Combe in it though. :)

Have you thought about something else in that sort of area/price range Richard? Thinking maybe 997.2 911 GT3 might keep your interest perhaps?

Have you thought about something else in that sort of area/price range Richard? Thinking maybe 997.2 911 GT3 might keep your interest perhaps?

To be honest I'm getting a bit bored of new flashy cars.

They are so capable a lot of the fun is removed unless you are driving in the kind of manner you shouldn't be on the road.

My R35 came alive on track, but it's like driving a family saloon on the road unless you want to look like a nutter.

It only makes sense for the occasional boost and the looks/attention and I'm not too fussed about the latter.

Probably why I drove to work yesterday in the Fantasy Green Fabia...

Rather than have that money tied up in a car it's probably more use as another house deposit.

Assuming I get a bite on it of course. :)

Come to the conclusion I like fun, non-flappy paddle/automatic cars that you can drive nearer the limit more often.

I like to work a bit.

Could always get that Citigo up and running :think:

Indeed, if that was running it would probably have saved me a fortune in random purchases and tweaking.

Anyway, I'm well happy with the Yeti VRS and the R32 Skyline and am now concentrating on this:

ukcz.jpg

The more eagle eyed of you will notice it's now sporting a Skoda Owners' Club GB tax disc holder, as I've recently joined. :)

In addition Minty/Slimer/Green Machine/What the F is that? has had a good check over.

As matter of routine because they were old it's had a new battery, and new console bushes.

It's also had a service and five new matching tyres.  Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance!

That last word is quite important as they cost an extra £5 each! :D (£40 each in this size, who needs low profiles!!!)

(and are apparently better in the wet and are quieter according to the tyre labels)

Lastly a new thermostat as it was taking a little while to warm up and this cured it right away so I think it was partially sticking.

Just one more thing to sort and that's the air-con.

Doesn't seem to be working correctly, tried a re-gas but I don't think it's pumping so some of the parts from the Fabias that were stripped may come in handy.

I thought about fitting cruise control too, as both the Fabias that were stripped had it fitted.  Meaning I have two sets of cruise arms here.

Surely it can't be that difficult... :wonder:

Lastly thanks to Lee01 for the used towing eye cover and VRS19TD for the used front Skoda badge.

I didn't want to fit any new exterior parts as I didn't consider them in keeping the used but still going appearance of the car as they'd stand out a bit.

• Like 2

Indeed, if that was running it would probably have saved me a fortune in random purchases and tweaking.

Anyway, I'm well happy with the Yeti VRS and the R32 Skyline and am now concentrating on this:

ukcz.jpg

eeek! looks like i missed some bits then?

Do i Spy a new Skoda badge fitted to the front aswell?  :wonder:

• Like 1

eeek! looks like i missed some bits then?

Some things were changed as a matter of routine or as a result of recently driving it 80 miles.

I think we only missed the air-con.

• Like 1

Something's not right! You've had this too long without including it in a mad skoda scheme!

It's spot on like this. :happy:

I've left the dent in the tailgate though.

• Like 3

Looks like it'd come up well with a machine polish!

Something quite quirky about this

Machine polish? :D

When a bird poos on it I just wipe it off with a tissue! :thumbup:

• Like 3

you can't beat these kind of cheap little cars, i had a 1.1 saxo that i gave £200 for with every panel pretty much dented and i loved it. You could park it anywhere and not be to bothered if it ever got a wack and it needed for nothing

• Like 2

I understand why you don't want to have the car tarted up Rich.

But I would love to see the face of the guys at Gleam Machine when you pull that up to their unit for a full correction after the last motor they did for you was that lovely Skyline.

• Like 2