Retro fit footwell lights Octy III

Has anyone managed to do this on a late 14 reg, only as much as I try the bonnet lever will not budge and I'm worried about damaging something. I've now tried that much, there appears to be a small amount of play in the operation of the lever, but there is still not movement backwards or forwards, as though it's coming off the attachment. Think I might have to live without footwell lights!

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

You need to remove the clip from the back of the bonnet release handle. Pull the handle as to open the bonnet and using small screwdriver remove the clip.

Sorry to be so stupid, but where is this clip located, do you have any pictures of it. I can't see any clips in the previous pictures/guide!

Thanks for the help!

The ones I got from Bold Sport have metal shielding as they get warm. The whole kit; light units, bulbs and wiring came to £30 delivered from Hong Kong

I'd love to do this on my Octavia when it turns up. With LEDs, maybe green to match interior.

I've Green leds in my car, looks great in the nite!

c834c39dc848dd9fb6d40a69e1e73fe1.jpg

24672952bcf5dba4a67693336d5ce8c6.jpg

No picture yet on the footdwell, I can take some pictures on it later on today..

• Like 1

Considering this mod myself, quick question are the lights units the same as the boot and glovebox?

My car had it from factory. It's the lamp units differs.

Front and rear are not the same, front has some metal covers and rear are are made in black plastic, glovebox and boot are the same.. It's the same lamp as boot and glovebox..

I've Green leds in my car, looks great in the nite!

c834c39dc848dd9fb6d40a69e1e73fe1.jpg

24672952bcf5dba4a67693336d5ce8c6.jpg

No picture yet on the footdwell, I can take some pictures on it later on today..

While they do look pretty cool, I was thinking the foot well lights, not the over head ones. For 'ambience'

Has anyone managed to do this on a late 14 reg, only as much as I try the bonnet lever will not budge and I'm worried about damaging something. I've now tried that much, there appears to be a small amount of play in the operation of the lever, but there is still not movement backwards or forwards, as though it's coming off the attachment. Think I might have to live without footwell lights!

Sorry to keep on about this, but can anyone please help?

Hi

Can I assume that if you go for just front footwell lights it's by far user, ie very limited trim removal?

Many thanks

Steve

Circled in red

You are looking at the rear of the release lever here, and the U shaped bit has already been removed. You should be able to work it out from here :)

20140701_1902562.jpg

Sorry if I'm being thick andyvee, but my technical knowledge is nit that great.

How exactly did you move the locking piece, I don't think I can see clearly how to do this!

Once again, thanks for your help!

Hi

Can I assume that if you go for just front footwell lights it's by far user, ie very limited trim removal?

Many thanks

Steve

To be honest, there isn't much trim removal for the rears so if you were doing the fronts, I'd do the rears as well.

Sorry if I'm being thick andyvee, but my technical knowledge is nit that great.

How exactly did you move the locking piece, I don't think I can see clearly how to do this!

Once again, thanks for your help!

Lever it very gently towards the rear of the car with a screwdriver?

No offence intended, but if you can't work out how to get the bonnet release lever off I would recommend you think twice about fitting the footwell lights without assistance

Lever it very gently towards the rear of the car with a screwdriver?

No offence intended, but if you can't work out how to get the bonnet release lever off I would recommend you think twice about fitting the footwell lights without assistance

I fitted them with no problems to my 11 reg VRs, but the plug was a lot easier to get to.

Thanks for the pointers, I will have another look, I've just been trying to pull it off as per the previous instructions. Your the first person I've seen mention this locking catch, even the skoda tech I asked wasn't sure how,it came off.

As I said no offence intended, it is obvious once you work it out!

No offence taken, I appreciate the advice.

I'm always open to help and advice, don't suppose your anywhere local to the Derbyshire area andyvee?